World Making a Spiderman costume

hello friend i am new to the forum and if you could teach me how to make a pattern like yours so that I am very new to photoshop and do not use that version or anything that would be great if you could help thanks.

After seeing that^ comment, thought I'd post this. It's from a super high res shot of the TASM suit. Maybe it'll help somebody in their suit-making process. :D

8Eq6V.jpg

Ya!

Can anyone here vouch for the reliability/quality of www.cosfun.net? There are a few spandex suits I'd consider buying - black-suited Spidey being among them - but I get nervous buying from a site I don't know, especially if the outfit's something as tricky as a spandex bodysuit.

Hey guys, I'm new here, and new at costume building.. Was wondering if anyone had any tips for the eyes on the hood..

I'm building a stealth-suit spidey costume.. But I'm not sure how I'm gonna see thru the green Lycra, and I don't wanna use mesh (doesn't look good).. Any ideas or thoughts?

Well green lycra Is pretty easy to see through, I have many friends that wear green morphsuits and they can see through it perfectly if anything go Sam raimi style and use mirror tinting and just make the eyes bigger and then spray paint it green but only on the outside of the lenses not the inside or else u can't see

Well green lycra Is pretty easy to see through, I have many friends that wear green morphsuits and they can see through it perfectly if anything go Sam raimi style and use mirror tinting and just make the eyes bigger and then spray paint it green but only on the outside of the lenses not the inside or else u can't see

The green Lycra I have doesn't seem like I could see thru it unless I pulled it considerably tight (and I don't want to put too much unnecessary pressure on my eyes).

And what do you mean spray paint?

If you spray paint a window on one side you can't see thru it, is there a special paint you were talking about maybe?

Does anyone know if you can get xbox360 case green mirror tint for cars?
Might buy some off them and make a clear eye piece and tint it :p

Um my bad, on the mirror tint idea but what I realized is that if you do the mirror tint idea you can get green mesh and put two or three layers of it.and I believe it will appear like there green lenses and you can still see through it.and are you attending super con or comic con.

Its all good mate :)

I'll see what I can get my hands on.. hoping for something awesome to just jump out in front of me
Im going to Comic Con... but in Melbourne :p

So... there are a few things I'm wondering about... what are all of these "designs" made in photoshop and such, and what is an easy way to make the frames for the eyes? I'm trying to make the Amazing Spider-Man costume.

Hey, DLL here.

I'm thinking about making a Scarlet Spider suit, and I have some theories.

Take an old red Cotton or cotton-spandex T-shirt, draw a head-shaped design on it, so that your Nose/eyes will be facing the side of the shirt (Also, so that you won't have to sew that bit)

Also, mask size should be 2 to 3 inches bigger than the diameter of your head.

ALSO: Before you sew, draw the eyes on with orange sharpie to where it's barely noticeable.

Cut it out and sew it together, but leave about 4 inches unsewn on the back of the neck so you can get it on, I have a solution for this which I will reveal later. Sew everything up and pull on the blank mask, use your fingers to locate your eyes, and pinch&pull the fabric to where you have a reference point for the eyes. Take the mask off and draw on the eyes, this time with Grey sharpie so you can correct your mistakes if you had any with the orange sharpie, which should be hardly noticable. Now take a pair of old swimming trunks, cut out all the mesh, and use that for your eyes. Trust me, it may not sound very effective, but it is. You can see through the mesh just fine on the inside, but not very well from outside. a single layer is sufficient. Now cut out your eyes, leaving some room inside, meaning: Do not cut on the grey line, leave some space. Now cut out the eye shape from the mesh and sew it on. It's OK to sew it from the outside, since you'll be putting a border over that stitching.

I cannot give you any real advice regarding the Borders, because I'm not that far yet, but Flat black or white shoelaces should be okay, but I won't know till I try.

Also, for the SS hoodie, go out and find a blue pull-over hoodie, cut off the sleeves, (Keep in mind that you want it to look a bit scruffy around the sleeve cut-off point)

Now take a really big piece of paper, draw your offset spider logo, cut it out with an X-acto knife, put the paper over the hoodie as a template, and spray the Logo on with Black spraypaint. (I have not gotten this far, just a theory.

As for the shirt, a plain red spandex shirt will do along with Long red gloves, which I do not know where to find.

The pants could be red spandex pants, but I don't like that idea so red mesh Workout pants would do, along with a Red pair of shoes. Maybe a simple pair of red $40 Nikes.

As for the web shooters, perhaps you could make those out of old socks and some shiny tubes. Make them like Wristbands to put around your wrists and ankles perhaps.

The ankle-bands could be longer than the wristbands, so that they compress the bottoms of the red pants to create the Skintight effect, and you could make the wristbands a bit long too, so they look more like gauntlets than wristbands.

>inb4 TL;DR

Thanks for reading, and any opinions, questions, and comments are Welcome.

EDIT: Haha, I got a 69 post.

For the soles, find a pair of aqua shoes or deck shoes/kung-fu shoes. If you want to really be fancy, you can put the shoes inside, pin the booties of the suit to the sides of the shoes, then cut and glue them down with barge cement/zap-a-gap/or shoe goo. Honestly I think spidey suits look great with the easier method of cutting of the tops of the shoes, applying glue inside the shoes and stepping down onto the soles. (You'll want to wear socks when you do this or saran wrap your foot...but there will be cleaning involved either way). Remember the red urethane paint or tire paint I talked about earlier? If you want that red sole look (Spiderman movies anyone?) perhaps (and don't quote me on this...) but red plasti-dip could be used to make the soles red. Just an idea.

You could take thick sheets of rubber and cut them out for the soles. It wouldn't require arch support or heel elevation per se because an actual super hero would want to be able to slide them into actual shoes until **** gets fo real and they take off their clothes, revealing the suit. Loose fitting shoes recommended for this.

So I am currently trying to make a Spider-man Noir costume, while on a budget. I bought a morphsuit mask a few months ago for a movie shoot, and I am using that, also I have a chef jacket cut into a vest, and some grey dress pants. The gloves are re-used from my Ghostbusters costume 2 years ago, same as the combat boots. The only issue I am having is finding the logo for the back, and goggles.

Any help?

So... there are a few things I'm wondering about... what are all of these "designs" made in photoshop and such, and what is an easy way to make the frames for the eyes? I'm trying to make the Amazing Spider-Man costume.

I was looking into the following setup for a costume - this guy breaks it all down, including the photoshop patterns:

http://imgur.com/a/xfpPm

I managed to contact the designer of the pattern and he linked me to his webpage here where you can purchase it:

http://www.gunheaddesign.com/spider-man-with-extra-mask.html

I'm going to give it a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"