SPOILER WARNING: planet Hulk #95

rodhulk

Superhero
Reaction score
In the may issue of planet Hulk #95, Hulk is set to battle Silver Surfer. Will Hulk get the win or will SS prevail?

It's Hulk's title. Therefor Hulk will win.

Either that or SS will just go free because he's fighting as a prisoner.
Chances are Hulk'll bust him loose and he'll just leave making this yet another inconclusive hero vs hero battle.

you can't have a conclusive hero v hero battle, cause no matter who wins half of the fans are going to b**ch like little girls

Silver Surfer should easily beat the Hulk if he hasn't been depowered. The cover I saw had the Surfer holding his board like a shield and fighting with some crappy weapon, though, so it looks like the Surfer has lost his power for some reason. I'll probably flip through it in the shop out of interest for the circumstances surrounding the Surfer's appearance.

For the Surfer thrashing the Hulk in his own comic, read Hulk 250 of the original series!

- Whirly

The Joker said:
you can't have a conclusive hero v hero battle, cause no matter who wins half of the fans are going to b**ch like little girls

this is very true.

I'm voting Hulk on this. For one thing, Hulks more popular and its his title. Secondly, throughout the years Hulk has becoming a bit stronger, meanwhile I dont see Silver Surfer gaining any strength.

Surfer shouldn't need to gain strength...just drain the gamma radation out of Hulk...

I guess writers might choose to forget that though...

TheCorpulent1 said:
Silver Surfer should easily beat the Hulk if he hasn't been depowered. The cover I saw had the Surfer holding his board like a shield and fighting with some crappy weapon, though, so it looks like the Surfer has lost his power for some reason. I'll probably flip through it in the shop out of interest for the circumstances surrounding the Surfer's appearance.

Basically, this one shouldn't even be a question in the least but they'll have a plot device for this one somewhere in order to give Hulk a victory if a conclusion is actually necessary.:down

ElectroFlare said:
Surfer shouldn't need to gain strength...just drain the gamma radation out of Hulk...

I guess writers might choose to forget that though...
It wouldn't be the first time writers have dumbed the Surfer down enough to make him physically fight someone when he should know better.

Hulk is more than a match for the Surfer. If Surfer can drain Hulk's power, sure, Surfer would take it. But if Hulk can resist it (and he has resisted this before, though not from Surfer), don't count Hulk out.

I don't have all my references on hand, but if we go through the history of both when appearing together (not always in battle), Hulk has shown himself to be quite a suitable opponent for the Surfer.

That said, the cover does show Hulk seemingly beating Surfer down, but an inside photo (black and white) has Surfer decking the Hulk, so who knows what will happen. It'll be interesting, though.

The problem with saying the Hulk has resisted energy drainers before is twofold: 1) the Silver Surfer is essentially the top of the heap in energy manipulation--he can do just shy of anything with most forms of energy/radiation/etc.--and 2) the Silver Surfer himself has drained the Hulk of his gamma energy already, and it's turned the Hulk back into Banner. Granted, there's nothing to say that Banner wouldn't be able to just turn back into the Hulk if he got angry again, but it's in canon that the Surfer can drain the Hulk with ease, and really, if the Hulk turns back into Banner for even a second against such a powerful opponent, it's safe to say he'd lose.

Keep in mind, I'm going by logic more than the comics, where weird crap happens all the time for apparently no reason.

According to what I've heard both the Hulk and the Surfer have been weakened to an unknown degree.

We'll just see what happens.:confused:

I would NEVER bet against the Hulk ..... never.

TheCorpulent1 said:
The problem with saying the Hulk has resisted energy drainers before is twofold: 1) the Silver Surfer is essentially the top of the heap in energy manipulation--he can do just shy of anything with most forms of energy/radiation/etc.--and 2) the Silver Surfer himself has drained the Hulk of his gamma energy already, and it's turned the Hulk back into Banner. Granted, there's nothing to say that Banner wouldn't be able to just turn back into the Hulk if he got angry again, but it's in canon that the Surfer can drain the Hulk with ease, and really, if the Hulk turns back into Banner for even a second against such a powerful opponent, it's safe to say he'd lose.

Keep in mind, I'm going by logic more than the comics, where weird crap happens all the time for apparently no reason.

The Surfer took the Hulks gamma energy and cured him in an attempt to break free from Galactus's barrier in Hulk 250 it's pretty common knowledge if you've been reading comics a few decades (ironic wink to Corpulent1).

- Whirly

Character wise Hulk doesnt stand a snowball's chance in hell against the surfer.

Also it's stupid that the surfer is even involved. How the hell did these people capture a wielder of the power cosmic and force him to fight in their games? It's beyond stupid. I'd have much prefered it if it was like the Champion (Or fallen one now i guess) or someone like that than SS.

That said. It's been stated already that Banner will show up on Planet Hulk. I'm thinking SS sucks the gamma juice out of Hulk like he's done before and forces Banner to deal with the games for a bit.

I'm going with the surfer. Why? Read the Sentry mini thats why.

TheCorpulent1 said:

I know what you're saying but the reason I go with the comics over applying logic is because the comics are our final answer really. That's the actual stories/events/happenings that are going on, they are the 'facts.' Strange things do seem to happen, but it's canon none-the-less.

All I'm saying is that with the things Hulk has done (not to mention the Surfer), both 'can' win this fight. I think it's still possible for Hulk to resist the change to Banner, but with Surfer having the power he has, maybe not.

Maybe Planet Hulk will reveal something new between the two or maybe not. I think it'll be a great read none-the-less (though, admittingly, I'm not a huge fan of Planet Hulk, I prefer the traditional savage Hulk from back in the late 60's, 70's, and early 80's).

livrule said:
I would NEVER bet against the Hulk ..... never.
You, sir, are a smart man. :)

Of course, I would usually only say this for beings under cosmic/celestial level.

Surfer should kick his ass. Hulk just... i'm sorry hulk. I look at you totally different now.

How did Surfer even get on to planet Hulk.
Hulk takes this easy..

rodhulk said:
I know what you're saying but the reason I go with the comics over applying logic is because the comics are our final answer really. That's the actual stories/events/happenings that are going on, they are the 'facts.' Strange things do seem to happen, but it's canon none-the-less.
It's tough to regard the comics as the final answer when they contradict each other regularly. Take Thor and the Hulk, for example. Hulk tends to get the better of Thor when they fight, but then there's the King Thor story where an older Thor kills both the Hulk and the Thing simultaneously with one arm, no Mjolnir, and no Odinpower enhancement.

TheCorpulent1 said:
It's tough to regard the comics as the final answer when they contradict each other regularly. Take Thor and the Hulk, for example. Hulk tends to get the better of Thor when they fight, but then there's the King Thor story where an older Thor kills both the Hulk and the Thing simultaneously with one arm, no Mjolnir, and no Odinpower enhancement.
Yeah, and no healing factor for the Hulk. :o

Actually, it's hard to take things seriously sometimes, but still, that is their universe, their lives, and their contradicting God's (the writers)!

kiuju2k said:
Surfer should kick his ass. Hulk just... i'm sorry hulk. I look at you totally different now.

I'm sorry but you lost me there :confused:

But anyway Surfer is alledgely more powerful than Superman, and superman took hulk....so common sense would say surfer should take it.

But then surfer was pwned by Dracula.

horrorfan said:
I'm sorry but you lost me there

Just... just read the sentry mini. I don't know if my sadness is a little late. I think everybody is over it except me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"