SPOILER WARNING: planet Hulk #95

kiuju2k said:
Just... just read the sentry mini. I don't know if my sadness is a little late. I think everybody is over it except me.

Im waiting for it into tpb :(

but you can tell mei f you like....

TheCorpulent1 said:
The problem with saying the Hulk has resisted energy drainers before is twofold: 1) the Silver Surfer is essentially the top of the heap in energy manipulation--he can do just shy of anything with most forms of energy/radiation/etc.--and 2) the Silver Surfer himself has drained the Hulk of his gamma energy already, and it's turned the Hulk back into Banner. Granted, there's nothing to say that Banner wouldn't be able to just turn back into the Hulk if he got angry again, but it's in canon that the Surfer can drain the Hulk with ease, and really, if the Hulk turns back into Banner for even a second against such a powerful opponent, it's safe to say he'd lose.

Keep in mind, I'm going by logic more than the comics, where weird crap happens all the time for apparently no reason.

Yeah, like Bruce instantaneously turning into Hulk after being shot in the head or hit by a train. :rolleyes:

And more about this King Thor killing Bruce and Ben with one hand. Anybody got a picture or issue number? I have to see this.

Once planet hulk ends, time to get back to the hulks roots i say(unless we get into civil war)

You know what? I wouldnt really mind if Hulk didnt get back to earth for a while. Let the big green guy make a name for himself in space for a while.

It's not the same anymore on earth anyway. No Betty and no Rick Jones as a sidekick = no reason for Hulk to be on earth.

After Planet Hulk he should go smash the Shi'ar Empire. And I mean all of it.
Let the whole universe know the name Hulk and let them always remember that Hulk is the strongest there is.

Colossal Spoons said:
Yeah, like Bruce instantaneously turning into Hulk after being shot in the head or hit by a train. :rolleyes:

And more about this King Thor killing Bruce and Ben with one hand. Anybody got a picture or issue number? I have to see this.
Weird or not, Hulk does seem to have that healing ability.

And it really doesn't matter about king thor as it was an alternate time and not continuity. And besides, there were so many things wrong with that story and the way the events unfolded.

storyteller said:
Once planet hulk ends, time to get back to the hulks roots i say(unless we get into civil war)
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Planet Hulk, even if he does do some incredible things to add to his resume.

Vanguard07 said:
Also it's stupid that the surfer is even involved. How the hell did these people capture a wielder of the power cosmic and force him to fight in their games? It's beyond stupid. I'd have much prefered it if it was like the Champion (Or fallen one now i guess) or someone like that than SS.

Apparently, traveling through the "wormhole" that leads to the planet, tends to leave one in a highly weakened state, so the planet's natives more than likely captured Surfer in much the same way they captured The Hulk...

Whats the Shi'ar Empire? That idea of Hulk smashing the Shi'ar Empire sounds intresting..

And Vanguard, Hulk has stated that they will never see Bruce because he could not survive in their atmosphere.

With regard, this battle, it would seem weird to have them battling Gladiator style when the Silver Surfer is so much more. I am guessing the wormhole theory is the only way to go.

IronSpidy said:
Whats the Shi'ar Empire? That idea of Hulk smashing the Shi'ar Empire sounds intresting..
It's a huge alien empire ruled by Empress Lilandra. They're humanoid but they have feathers for hair. Gladiator works for them. They were the ones who intervened when Jean Grey became the Dark Phoenix.
Colossal Spoons said:
Thor #73. It's not a very good fight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/thecorpulent1/Thor/Thor73p015.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/thecorpulent1/Thor/Thor73p016.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/thecorpulent1/Thor/Thor73p017.jpg

TheCorpulent1 said:
It's a huge alien empire ruled by Empress Lilandra. They're humanoid but they have feathers for hair. Gladiator works for them. They were the ones who intervened when Jean Grey became the Dark Phoenix.

Ok they sound cool! Any pics of them..?

IronSpidy said:
Ok they sound cool! Any pics of them..?
This is what a typical male looks like:

shiar1.jpg

That's from here, which has a lot of information on them and their technology and stuff.

They're not bad guys or good guys, they're just a different race with interests that differ from humans'. They've been both allies and enemies of the X-Men and various other heroes.

I havn't read any of this serries, although it has had some great reviews. It seems a bit of a skank of the original Superman and War World scenario. Has Hulk displayed any impressive feats of strength yet ?

Looking forward to his impeding return and his fight against the illuminati e.g. Black Bolt, Iron Man, Strange and namor vs the Hulk wets my appetite !

Then why would want destory their race if there is no need to?

IronSpidy said:
Then why would want destory their race if there is no need to?
I don't know, it was Vanguard's idea:
Vanguard07 said:
After Planet Hulk he should go smash the Shi'ar Empire. And I mean all of it.
Let the whole universe know the name Hulk and let them always remember that Hulk is the strongest there is.
I don't even like the idea, since the Shi'ar are badass and I'm sure the Imperial Guard could take the Hulk. Gladiator's put up a very impressive fight against the Hulk all by himself.

yahman said:
Looking forward to his impeding return and his fight against the illuminati e.g. Black Bolt, Iron Man, Strange and namor vs the Hulk wets my appetite !

Actually, Namor refused to participate in The Hulk's betrayal, and warned The other Illuminatti that Hulk would one day return and seek retribution....I woudn't be surprised if Namor sided with him...wouldnt be the first time.

CaptainStacy said:
Actually, Namor refused to participate in The Hulk's betrayal, and warned The other Illuinatti that Hulk would one day return and seek retribution....I woudn't be surprised if Namor sided with him...wouldnt be the first time.

Thinking about , it wouldn't make that much of a diffrence when concerning the opposition. At his current powerlevels the Hulk would need all the help he can get .... The Void had little trouble breakingg all the bones in his body, and we saw what Sentry did to the Void , and the iluminati where able to stand up to the Void for an extended period of time. :)

TheCorpulent1 said:

That sounds cool as hell....is it out as a trade? How do they stop Thor in the end? Do you have any scans of the JLA/Avengers or Marvel vs DC crossover if ya dont mind me asking?

TheCorpulent1 said:
I don't know, it was Vanguard's idea:

I don't even like the idea, since the Shi'ar are badass and I'm sure the Imperial Guard could take the Hulk. Gladiator's put up a very impressive fight against the Hulk all by himself.

Yeah, Gladiator put up one HELL of a fight against Hulk and with the rest of the Guard, not to mention the full technological might of the Shi'ar, HUlk shouldn't stand a chance but that's writing for you.

Which is exactly why I too use logic over comics when it comes to fights, at least then there's something to argue and things make sense. Enough writer bias or acid and stupid *bleep* happens. Logically, Hulk gets his green eggs and ham ass handed to him by Surfer 9 out of 10 times.:up:

Genesis 1.0 said:
Yeah, Gladiator put up one HELL of a fight against Hulk and with the rest of the Guard, not to mention the full technological might of the Shi'ar, HUlk shouldn't stand a chance but that's writing for you.

Which is exactly why I too use logic over comics when it comes to fights, at least then there's something to argue and things make sense. Enough writer bias or acid and stupid *bleep* happens. Logically, Hulk gets his green eggs and ham ass handed to him by Surfer 10 out of 10 times.:up:

Don't worry, I fixed it.

LoL My idea for Hulk against the Shi'ar wasnt really serious. I just dont really care if Hulk gets back to earth. Hulk doing his hulk thing on earth hasnt been interesting to me since Rick Jones was his sidekick and Betty was his living breathing wife. Neither is the case now so I say Hulk should go find himself some space Betty and some new sidekick and let the universe outside of Earth experience the awesome fury that is the Hulk.

Horrorfan said:
That sounds cool as hell....is it out as a trade? How do they stop Thor in the end? Do you have any scans of the JLA/Avengers or Marvel vs DC crossover if ya dont mind me asking?
Yeah, the King Thor storyline is out in a number of trades:

The Lord of Asgard
Gods on Earth
Spiral
The Reigning
Gods and Men

It's a very long saga, but in my opinion it's Jurgens' Thor masterwork. I loved it from beginning to end.

The heroes don't actually stop Thor. Those pages I posted are the heroes' final stand; Loki and Thor eventually kill all of them--Loki because he's Loki and Thor because they attacked him at home and endangered his infant son. In the end it's actually his full-grown son Magni, the god of strength, who finally gets Thor to realize the error of his ways.

Most of the ideas here are amazing keep it up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"