Iron Man 2 *SPOILERS* Favourite scene of IM2

my favorite scene is near the end, when IronMan rushes to Ms. Potts from the exploding robot........ that was a Superman moment

Jeez, you know, I do love the last two scenes.

I mean the last line is fantastic. That whole scene was the cherry on top. When Stern appeared the audience loved it.

my favorite scene is near the end, when IronMan rushes to Ms. Potts from the exploding robot........ that was a Superman moment

You are so right. Right there you're like, go Tony go!

Can someone explain to me how in the hell did Tony discover Vibranium??? I was so confused.

From what I understand, when Stark was looking at the model when it was upright(before he takes it home in his car)he noticed that his Dad had designed the Expo buildings and locations in a specific way. The main round building and the few things around it looked pretty much just like his arc reactor/energy core. After he saw that and then does the whole hologram thing to remove small things like trees that are in the way he realizes his Dad hid the molecular structure of this new element in the design of the Expo.

As Stark's Dad said in the recording "i'm limited by the technology of my time". He was able to discover that molecular structure for the new element but didn't have the tech yet(it was far off from it's existence by about 20+ years)to manifest/create it...if that makes much sense. As far as i'm concerned it does involve quite a bit of suspension of disbelief but it's a comic book film and i'm not a scientist, physicist or chemist so I let it slide. :woot:

I also laughed with the video of Hammer and the pilot twisting his back in the armor.

You could hear Hammer go, "Oh, ****. OH, ****!!" :funny:

Hell yeah! I'm glad they left that segment out of the Comic-Con footage of the courtoom scene. That was a nice and funny surprise. Yeah, Hammer rushed to his mike, "Just for the record that test pilot survived!". :hehe:

I agree that Ironman saving Potts before the drone was going blow up was one of the top sequences out of the movie.

Another scene that had me laughing was when Happy gets his butt kicked by Natasha and Stark just walks up and says "That's what i'm talking about!". The delivery on that line was perfect.

When Tony puts on the suitcase armor, definitely a heroic moment equivalent moment to Clark Kent opening his shirt to reveal the S.

When Tony puts on the suitcase armor, definitely a heroic moment equivalent moment to Clark Kent opening his shirt to reveal the S.
I never thought of it that way but your right it is :up:

Tony putting on the Armor in the first Movie, the suit case suit up in the 2nd, I wonder what we'll get in the 3rd. Both scenes were beyond awesome.

^Maybe we'll get a scene where Tony is falling from a plane or something and the suit flies to him and attaches itself :awesome:

They need to do something radical. I thought the suit up in the first movie couldn't be topped or even equaled. But then they pulled out that freaking sweet suit case.

Hell yeah! I'm glad they left that segment out of the Comic-Con footage of the courtoom scene. That was a nice and funny surprise. Yeah, Hammer rushed to his mike, "Just for the record that test pilot survived!". :hehe:

Ah, that's what I was thinking too. But what I don't understand is his whole building those metal pipe things and steering that laser beam into the trianlge. Were those just the things he needed to make the element?

I also loved Stark's expression when he was walking towards the camera talking about pleasuring himself. Just that stare down in his eyes and the way he was walking I found strangely funny. :hehe:

Monaco fight was awesome! I loved when Hogan kept running into Whiplash and Pepper was screaming and going all crazy and Tony was trying to get the suitcase and the door kept closing on him. haha awesome stuff. Scarlet kicking @$$ was of course awesome too. =)

They need to do something radical. I thought the suit up in the first movie couldn't be topped or even equaled. But then they pulled out that freaking sweet suit case.
It can be topped in many ways. The most spectacular suiting up way is the Extremis way. The suit's panels fly (through a magnetic field or whatever) and assemble on him. Let's hope they save that for a lot later because that's truly difficult to top.
^Maybe we'll get a scene where Tony is falling from a plane or something and the suit flies to him and attaches itself :awesome:
I was thinking of a similar sequence. Say Tony is attending a party on a skyscraper's roof garden when the villain attacks. Tony jumps from the roof to escape him and suits up while he falls. What do you think?
Ah, that's what I was thinking too. But what I don't understand is his whole building those metal pipe things and steering that laser beam into the trianlge. Were those just the things he needed to make the element?
That was a particle accelerator and i'm assuming that it generated the new element which he directed to the triangle. I'm pretty sure that its bogus physics, but who cares? :woot:

Last edited:
That was a particle accelerator and i'm assuming that it generated the new element which he directed to the triangle. I'm pretty sure that its bogus physics, but who cares? :woot:

The funny thing was that my friend who had done AP physics kept going on about how unrealistic it was to create a particle accelerator in a short time. He wasn't complaining though. He thought it was incredibly awesome that he did it in a short time.

The funny thing was that my friend who had done AP physics kept going on about how unrealistic it was to create a particle accelerator in a short time. He wasn't complaining though. He thought it was incredibly awesome that he did it in a short time.

well to be fair the guy did design a hi tech suit of armor in a cave using scraps

Favorite laughable scenes for me(that shouldnt have been funny)
Ivans scream at the beginning...yeah Mickey...that just sucked haha reminded me of stallones DRAGOOOO in Rocky 4
and Whiplash/a man in a jumpsuit with only a lil bit of metal between him getting hit by a car at 90 mph or so...and then getting reversed and ran into again and again and again...and spitting up blood but being absolutely fine the same day...without broken ribs or even...being dead...i guess russians dont die in car accidents...

Another scene that had me laughing was when Happy gets his butt kicked by Natasha and Stark just walks up and says "That's what i'm talking about!". The delivery on that line was perfect.

I like how he just stared at her and then said, "what?":hehe:

I love all the scenes with Senator Stern, but my favourite is probably the last scene where he is forced to honour Stark and Rhodes, and present them with medals. Great comeuppance.

I love all the scenes with Senator Stern, but my favourite is probably the last scene where he is forced to honour Stark and Rhodes, and present them with medals. Great comeuppance.
"See what a pain a little prick can be?"
Shandling is hilarious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"