[SPOILERS] "More enjoyable than Transformers 2"? New Reviews!

xwolverine2 said:
i dont remember that one.. where was it in the movie(gi joe)?
I remember it from a TV spot, but not the movie.

"nice shoes"

it was a one liner....i mean it wasn't ment to make u laugh hard now..and it's the character being a girl...what do u expect??

"i went through the train...i went over it... you could do that?"

honestly what was wrong with it...i dont think it was meant for you to bust out laughing again...it was another one liner....

""how are you feeling?.. emotional"
if u got the whole "emotional" scene..u would get the comment..another one not meant to make u bust out laughin..just staying on point with the dialogue..

"shoot, fire, busta cap"

come on..if u are gonna like tf2 for those awful jokes..then this a very mild to that....i got it and laughed at it..cuz the character was trying anything to make the missle launch..and being he is blk..i can see him saying that....rather then "what up b*tches...." " or ""what up yo""

i personally think the humor was done tastefully. How tf2 should of been. the director was not trying to make the comedy stand out and take away from anything...i thought the humor was done fine....light heart'd

ya,but don't movies have these cliche one-liners:clown:
Also,gotta had the "hes a real american hero" when Duke was proposing,and the "Knowing is half the battle" from General Hawk,and someother cliche talk from the cartoon. They were just soo lame imo I just rolled my eyes everytime they used a line from the cartoon.
* I don't know if overall if this was better than TF2,but I'll give it had better pacing. Though both suffered from being way too long.

i can understand them doing that....i mean it's what most fans do remember..why not throw them in there...to me they were done fine...they weren't trying to over use them or stuff them down the audience throats..just throw them out there and move on...

it's what some of us here in the US short text instead of typing "BLACK."..

Ah! Thats your mistake then. THIS ISNT A CELL PHONE. Its a forum. I cannot stand when people dont type. Blk with TWO more letters....thats not even a fraction of a second......

Ah! Thats your mistake then. THIS ISNT A CELL PHONE. Its a forum. I cannot stand when people dont type. Blk with TWO more letters....thats not even a fraction of a second......

ahh no sorry because this form of BLOGGING/POSTING is also done on sites like myspace, twitter and forums such as this...so either get use to it, or suffer...your choice not mine!:woot:

ahh no sorry because this form of BLOGGING/POSTING is also done on sites like myspace, twitter and forums such as this...so either get use to it, or suffer...your choice not mine!:woot:

How about for the sake of human kind, you stop.

It was 80-100% when there were like 5 phony plant reviews.

What do you mean by that? The first reviews of Joe were all from online critics I had heard of, like Devin from CHUD. Who, by the way, had a funny line in an article after his review, saying he saw it with some other web critics, and he named a few of them. I knew all the names, and he was making the point that they all liked the movie. My favorite line:

Another person shown the movie was Latino Review's El Mayimbe, also not an easy mark.

He was potentially a very hard fan to please. We both really liked the film.)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The El Mayimbe who gave a glowing review to everything Justin Marks ever wrote?

The movie was good..it had its problems.....it was better than transformers hands down

TF2 wasn't anything amazing. It was fun, I got what I expected, but ultimately, sometimes the fun if lost in the fat plot, the pacing, and the jokes.

GI JOE was strictly good cheesy silly fun and tried to be nothing else.

I still don't see how any of you could really still think those early positve reviews were paid off in some way. NONE of those guys(except maybe the latino review guy) were hyped about that movie at all and all seemed to expect the worst and NONE of them thought it was a great or even good movie, merely that they were all very entertained and that's about it. They liked it but a couple of them even said they have no urge to watch it again any time soon.

As for the debate between this and "Revenge of the fallen", I think it's just personal taste at this point. I'm a much bigger fan of Transformers as a franchise but at least when I saw g.i. joe, it was a movie about G.I. JOE and not various soldiers, megan fox, john turturo and the like. Transformers should be about Transformers not the humans that live among them. G.I. Joe even went out of it's way to give Cobra as much development (and in some cases moreso) then the joes themselves. It's not even a contest to me.

transformers 2 was way better than this crap. And what was with snake eyes, he looked horrid, did they really have to mold the costume to his lips, made him look like an alien

transformers 2 was way better than this crap. And what was with snake eyes, he looked horrid, did they really have to mold the costume to his lips, made him look like an alien

As others have expressed, I think it was done mainly as a subconscious, visual cue and reminder (especially for the uninitiated) that Snake Eyes is not part of the background, a villain or a random foot soldier. He is one individual character and more importantly a person.

I FN Hated the mouth on snake-eyes..really, a mouth?

First of all I'm sick of the constant complaining of focusing TF on the robots. It comes down to budget people. If they focused it on roots it would cost three times the budget. And no one should make a movie that much.

As others have expressed, I think it was done mainly as a subconscious, visual cue and reminder (especially for the uninitiated) that Snake Eyes is not part of the background, a villain or a random foot soldier. He is one individual character and more importantly a person.

IMO it was an unessasary, unwanted, unneeded, and ugly change for the sake of change. The funny thing is, in all the promotional material, the "face" details are blacked out anyway.

It's not like it was unprecedented. He's had masks in the past where his lips were visible.

IMO it was an unessasary, unwanted, unneeded, and ugly change for the sake of change. The funny thing is, in all the promotional material, the "face" details are blacked out anyway.

But you got to admit, for those who aren't already familiar with G.I. Joe, a faceless Snake Eyes could easily be mistaken as a villainous henchman or multiple characters. Perhaps there may have been other ways to highlight that he is an individual but the way they did it worked as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"