[SPOILERS] "More enjoyable than Transformers 2"? New Reviews!

Amen to that. The Oscars were bad. Esp. back in the 80s, The Color Purple lost to Out of Africa.:whatever:

transformers was the dark knight compared to this

well didnt take long for TDK to be mentioned in here

I was surprised TDK wasn't mentioned sooner. Ah, so predictable we all are. :)

^ Come on. Nobody puts stock in the MTV awards. :woot:

I will not take the Oscars seriously until Gary Oldman is at least nominated for something. It's hard to believe he hasn't been yet.

MTV Movie Awards sucks. Twilight won best movie out od TDK?:whatever:
Best Fight scene?:whatever:

Twilight won most of the damn awards and that movie was lame. But the Oscars are not any better then the MTV Awards. Both suck and pointless.

Amen to that. The Oscars were bad. Esp. back in the 80s, The Color Purple lost to Out of Africa.:whatever:

Damn Oscars been bad since the 80s? Guess they do not know great actors and great movies anymore.

I'm reading some of these reviews and they are pretty godawful. At least some of the quotes on the front page at Rottentomatoes.

I'm pretty sure I'll like this a lot, seems like most of the fan complaints are typical fanboy whining about changes with the characters a bit. GI Joe as well as Transformers to me will always be a cartoon and toy line, it's time to grow up a little people.

Down to 43%, and some of the reviews are ROUGH. I was actually getting kinda excited for this. :csad:

edit: guess this is basically a repeat of Figs post :o

I'm still excited about it. Critics are usually harder on genre movies anyway. Considering that this is an action movie based on a toy line, 43% isn't bad. If you want to see a movie, don't avoid it just because of a few bad reviews (critics hated both Transformers movies too).

^But the thing is, I hated both the second Transformers and X-Men Origins, and I myself take the words of critics into account.

^But the thing is, I hated both the second Transformers and X-Men Origins, and I myself take the words of critics into account.

But with this at least it's not a sequel that we hope is trying to improve on the first and could fail *coughTF2cough* and we know from enough people that the humour is well placed and not juvenile like that other movie.

I'm liking this movie less and less.........TF was way better IMO.

But with this at least it's not a sequel that we hope is trying to improve on the first and could fail *coughTF2cough* and we know from enough people that the humour is well placed and not juvenile like that other movie.
I dont remember any humor at all.....maybe attempts at humor...but the jokes were so bland. They had no OMPH to them.

That's true, we won't have to see dogs humping all over again.

I'd take dog humping over any of the GI JOE jokes to be honest. I knew exacly what kind of humor Bay was going to put in TF2. He catered to adults, teens, and kids.

I stand by my statement that the early reviews were favors/plants for people Paramount would hope expect to write decent reviews and prevent worse negative early buzz.

I stand by my statement that the early reviews were favors/plants for people Paramount would hope expect to write decent reviews and prevent worse negative early buzz.

I would love for you to prove this as fact.The whole plant thing is one of the biggest fanboy things I hate the most. Your basically saying that because the few people that reviewed it(a lot of which were from websites that a film based on something like GI Joe is right up their alley) and gave it positives out of the majority that makes them plants?

Look at Rottentomatoes and you'll see that the majority of negatives are from reviewers who aren't comic nerd fanboy types like a lot of us. They want a good film from the beginning not a typical fun summer movie. A few of them already said that this movie was made to be geared towards young kids anyways, doesn't surprise me that Hasbro or whoever owns the rights to the figures and all that want to bring in a new generation of customers/fans, especially after Bay's TF2 which had humour that wasn't appropriate for all ages.

You and others may be right that this film is crap(I'll be seeing it this weekend for the first time) but I still have to laugh when people cry "Plant!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"