SpongeBob SquarePants: It's A Wonderful Sponge

CJ

Sidekick
Reaction score
spongebob_movie_wonderfulsponge-768x433.jpg

Paramount Pictures is once again bringing SpongeBob SquarePants to the big screen, in a new film which will tell the origin story of how SpongeBob, Patrick & Squidward first met.
“For the first time ever, we’re going to the get to the origin of how little Spongebob met the rest of the Bikini Bottom gang at summer camp,” Soria said during her talk. “The film’s opening will take place at Camp Coral when all of our favorite characters meet for the first time.”

The film is going to offer the first-ever full-cg (characters and environments) version of the universe, and there will also be hybrid sequences with the characters in the live world,which also happened in the previous film, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.

The film is expected to be released in theaters on July 17th, 2020.

'The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge' Will Be An Origin Story

Last edited:
Well, that's interesting.

Spongebob has experienced a recent resurge in popularity thanks to meme culture, so I think this one has potential to make a lot more than the first two movies.

Reactions: CJ
Didn't they already have an episode about how everyone first met? It was a big special, where all the characters were trapped in the Krusty Krab's ventilation systems. Maybe I'm misremembering the details of the story about their meetings, but I thought it was all explained.

Either way, not sure about this. The first SpongeBob movie is a classic, the second one was eh. I've heard the show has recently gotten out of it's slump and is putting out better quality episodes, but I'm still a little weary. Hope it pans out well.

It would be interesting to find out why he lives in a pineapple

So everything in slo mo then?

It'll be his most ambitious project to date.

It would be interesting to find out why he lives in a pineapple
They had an episode about this, it fell out of a boat overhead while he was looking for a house with his real estate agent.

'Spice Girls' Movie in the Works as Paramount Unveils Animation Slate (Exclusive)

Meanwhile, May 2020 release The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge has added Awkwafina and Reggie Watts to its voice cast, with Cyndi Lauper (and her co-writer Rob Hyman) working on original songs for the film. Described as a “love letter to SpongeBob’s beloved creator Steven Hillenburg (who passed away last November), the fans, and the residents of Bikini Bottom,” the project is being directed by Tim Hill and produced by Ryan Harris with choreography by Mia Michaels. The first 3D computer animated SpongeBob movie, it will also feature a score by Hans Zimmer and original song by Ali Dee.

Maybe a teaser with the upcoming Dora movie :thf:

But the release date is too far away so maybe later (probably with Sonic if it makes the Feb. date)

D_uotA1U0AE4enS

I never saw the second movie, but I adore the first one.

So it looks like finding Gary is a plot point.

It looks very cute. So glad animation is making a comeback

It looks very cute. So glad animation is making a comeback

When did animated films ever go away? Judging by the poster this looks computer animated. CG films are released on the regular all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"