SpongeBob SquarePants: It's A Wonderful Sponge

Damn, that one actually seemed pretty epic from an animation standpoint. I'm sure Nickelodeon will be showing it soon.

This was supposed to come out AFTER Tenet. A lot of industry folks believe Mulan will change dates again, just a matter of time. If Tenet is literally the only major release for the first two months, I think WB will pretty much have to move it again.
Bull****. Either the Spongebob movie just isn't finished, or there's something really wrong with it. Look at Artemis Fowl and how long THAT was delayed before moving to digital.

Bull****. Either the Spongebob movie just isn't finished, or there's something really wrong with it. Look at Artemis Fowl and how long THAT was delayed before moving to digital.

Hold up, am I understanding you correctly. Are you really trying to claim that COVID-19 has nothing to do with this?

Hold up, am I understanding you correctly. Are you really trying to claim that COVID-19 has nothing to do with this?

No, I'm saying it may be a different factor than theaters. Minions got delayed because the animation studio in France can't get their work done. Same thing could be happening here. That, or it's an Artemis Fowl situation where something's up. There's no way Viacom both move it back to 2021 AND put it on their crappy CBS All Access service unless there was a problem. Besides, how much money did Troll, King of Statin Island and Scoob make on the rentals anyway? I strongly doubt that, for the studio's cut of the profits, it wasn't as much as they'd get in theaters. That's why I say those three movies aren't as much of a factor as everyone keeps crowing.

'SpongeBob Movie' to Bypass Theaters, Head for Premium VOD and CBS All Access

59821913.jpg

Catching up with Danny Trejo and the Anniversary of 'Machete' - Exclusive Interview | DiscussingFilm

Well, even if it’s not Machete Kills in Space,anything that would bring you guys together again would be exciting.

DT: Well, I’m in a new SpongeBob Squarepants movie. I believe it’s coming out in 2021. I did American Gods season three. That was a lot of fun! Then this documentary, Inmate #1: The Rise of Danny Trejo, I’ve been doing a lot of press for a month. I haven’t been able to stay home.

What I don't get is if you are releasing it digitally, why delay it so long?

I mean I can see why a movie like SpongeBob gets delayed. You didn't spend $200 million on it. The last two SpongeBob movies did pretty good at the box office, but they aren't huge $1 billion WW movies. It's not a huge loss to send it straight to digital, VOD, etc. Plus you save money on theatrical distribution.

Did anyone else watch the spongebob musical? It’s on binge here but not sure what it’s on overseas. Anyway I had low hopes and i ended up really liking it especially the guy who played Squidward who was an absolute scene stealer

What I don't get is if you are releasing it digitally, why delay it so long?

I mean I can see why a movie like SpongeBob gets delayed. You didn't spend $200 million on it. The last two SpongeBob movies did pretty good at the box office, but they aren't huge $1 billion WW movies. It's not a huge loss to send it straight to digital, VOD, etc. Plus you save money on theatrical distribution.
Completely agree.

Damn Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"