Spookiest Game Music And Levels

Silver Sable

Wild Pack Commander
Reaction score
What are your's? Mine are:

Almost all of the Resident Evil and Doom series
The Haunted Woods-FF6
Death Egg Zone-Sonic 2 (Genesis)
Welcome To The Machine and The Last Fight-Ecco (Genesis)
Halo-Alien Corridors
Mickey Mouse:Castle Of Illusion-Castle and Machinery

Silver Sable said:
What are your's?

• MOST OF THE 'SILENT HILL' GAMES
  • MANY OF THE LEVELS IN 'THIEF: DEADLY SHADOWS', PARTICULARLY 'THE SHALE BRIDGE CRADLE'
  • 'CONDEMNED'.......PRETTY MUCH ALL OF IT, AFTER THE FIRST COUPLE LEVELS
  • 'THE SUFFERING'

THE MUSIC TYPICALLY ISN'T WHAT CREEPS ME OUT ABOUT SUCH GAMES. USUALLY, IT'S THE AMBIENT NOISES AND THE LIGHTING WHICH SET THE OVERALL MOOD.

THWIP* said:
  • MOST OF THE 'SILENT HILL' GAMES
  • MANY OF THE LEVELS IN 'THIEF: DEADLY SHADOWS', PARTICULARLY 'THE SHALE BRIDGE CRADLE'
  • 'CONDEMNED'.......PRETTY MUCH ALL OF IT, AFTER THE FIRST COUPLE LEVELS
  • 'THE SUFFERING'

THE MUSIC TYPICALLY ISN'T WHAT CREEPS ME OUT ABOUT SUCH GAMES. USUALLY, IT'S THE AMBIENT NOISES AND THE LIGHTING WHICH SET THE OVERALL MOOD.

Ugh...The Suffering freaked me out to no end.

Metal Gear Solid 2.
I can't remember which part, but it was when Raiden breaks for of the lab table area and runs around naked. Not only is that freaky, but then your codec starts going funny and your boss starts saying spooky stuff to you.

I was playing that part at 2am one morning and i had to turn it off. Mainly because the boss in the game told me too. "Turn off the game Raiden." he said something like that.

And it continued like that spooky stuff for about 10 minutes.

Spooky music - Demon's Crest (SNES)

more to come

Condemned - the mall level, literally the scariest level ever.

mine had to be kingdom hearts where you are in the last world and this huge 300 foot demon comes out of a volcano. i was playing it late one night and i had no idea what was happening. i almost peed myself playing that level.

mine had to be kingdom hearts where you are in the last world and this huge 300 foot demon comes out of a volcano. i was playing it late one night and i had no idea what was happening. i almost peed myself playing that level.

For me I though Doom 3 was pretty scary in the first bit where you walk around and talk to people and then I talk to this professor and the whole place is shaking. I turn around and suddenly I get slashed by zombies. :( I was only 12. But still :eek: It was flipping amazing.

Haven't played Condemned yet, but I saw some parts of the game when I occassionally dropped in while my little bro was playing. There was one part of the game where he looks around and then all of a sudden sees that he is completely surrounded by mannequins on all sides. Amplify that effect with the fact that the levels are extremely dark and spooky which sometimes tend to throw you off balance by making those mannequins seem like real (for a split-second at least). Makes you feel as if you're trapped to death.

I was all like "Holy **** :eek: " when I saw that and I wasn't even playing the game. What shook me even more was that my brother goes totally berserk and paranoid, running amok knocking off every single one of them mannequins. Can't wait until I clear up some time to play the game next weekend. The shock factor appears to be off the charts. :up:

dusk20 said:
Metal Gear Solid 2.
I can't remember which part, but it was when Raiden breaks for of the lab table area and runs around naked. Not only is that freaky, but then your codec starts going funny and your boss starts saying spooky stuff to you.

I was playing that part at 2am one morning and i had to turn it off. Mainly because the boss in the game told me too. "Turn off the game Raiden." he said something like that.

thats the first ting went through my mind as far as music goes. That was great with the female voices etc.

The Cradle in Thief 3. Jesus Christ, I refuse to play through that game all the way through because that level was the scariest thing I had ever seen or played in my life.

The Cradle in Thief 3. Jesus Christ, I refuse to play through that game all the way through because that level was the scariest thing I had ever seen or played in my life.

It's so scary I had to tell you all twice. :(

Condemed-The first level freaked me out so much that I played the game during the day instead of at night the first few times.

Resident Evil(Gamecube remake)-Most of the levels were spooky as heck and had some of the most creepiest music I've ever heard in a game.

Silent Hill 2-All apartment levels.

Oh I forgot to add Resident Evil 4-the level when those armors became possessed.

Super Mario World

The ghost house levels and the boss haunted houses

Phaser said:
Haven't played Condemned yet, but I saw some parts of the game when I occassionally dropped in while my little bro was playing. There was one part of the game where he looks around and then all of a sudden sees that he is completely surrounded by mannequins on all sides. Amplify that effect with the fact that the levels are extremely dark and spooky which sometimes tend to throw you off balance by making those mannequins seem like real (for a split-second at least). Makes you feel as if you're trapped to death.

I was all like "Holy **** :eek: " when I saw that and I wasn't even playing the game. What shook me even more was that my brother goes totally berserk and paranoid, running amok knocking off every single one of them mannequins. Can't wait until I clear up some time to play the game next weekend. The shock factor appears to be off the charts. :up:

LOL.....YEAH, THAT WAS ONE OF THE CREEPIEST PARTS OF THE GAME. I LITERALLY FREAKED OUT AND SAID SOMETHING LIKE "OH S**T.......WTF IS GOING ON?!" :D

Every 'Save Room' in every Resident Evil, ever made.

The games that have freaked/wierded me out at least in part are...

Doom 3
Resident Evil series
Sanitarium
Metal Gear Solid 2
Ico

dusk20 said:
Metal Gear Solid 2.

OMG, tell me about it. Same exact situation happened to me. Ugh.

I didn't like those jingles in ChronoTrigger, when there was a plot twist or you couldn't open a certain box yet. The sounds just freaked me out, inexplicably!

And Majora's Mask. Not just certain parts; the entire game was spooky, now that I think about it.

Clerk said:

It's so scary I had to tell you all twice. :(
What happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"