Spookiest Game Music And Levels

Cyclops said:
The only videogame that ever creeped me out was "Addam's Family: Fester's Quest" on the NES. Outside, it was a fairly simple run around and shoot aliens game.

When you got indoors, however, it switched to first person, and all you got were the ambient sounds of the alien boss monster screeching at you from a distance and that was how you had to find the boss. To a seven year old kid in the late eighties, that was some scaaaaaaary ****.

I completely forgot about Fester's Quest....so true :(

Silver Sable said:
Does anyone here think Sephiroth's level theme from FF7 was creepy?

Which theme? The one used in Nibelheim? It has a very creepy vibe to it and it reminds me a lot of a much darker Terminator music.

But yes, I agree to an extent and I love the music. :up:

KingOfDreams said:
The games that have freaked/wierded me out at least in part are...

Doom 3
Resident Evil series
Sanitarium
Metal Gear Solid 2
Ico
I always wanted that freaking game. I can't find it anywhere though! :mad:

Not to sound like a ***** lol, but ah when I first played the suffering and in the beginning when that crazy creature thing runs across your cell and clanks its claws against it creating sparks and he laughs because Torque sort of jumps back a little. This seriously made me soil my jockies, I had to put down the game controller and have a debate with myself for like half an hour saying "I can do this." lol. How pathetic is that? Though I have to say I was playing it in the dark at like 2:00 in the am.

I didn't find The Suffering scary at all. It was just a really awesome action adventure to me.

Actually, I did jump ONCE in the swamp when that picture of the butterfly flashes and the music goes "FWAH!!!", but that's because I usually jump at sudden, unexpected noises.

The scariest thing is still the Shalebridge Cradel, though I have not played Condemned.

WhatsHisFace said:
I didn't find The Suffering scary at all. It was just a really awesome action adventure to me.

Actually, I did jump ONCE in the swamp when that picture of the butterfly flashes and the music goes "FWAH!!!", but that's because I usually jump at sudden, unexpected noises.

The scariest thing is still the Shalebridge Cradel, though I have not played Condemned.

The Suffering as a game didn't scare me...but those babies crying in the background kept me freaked out for weeks to come.

Jeez, I forgot the name of it, but it was a dreamcast game, and the point of the game was to get thru this haunted them park without getting too scared, because your character had a scared meter. I remember at the very beggining, you walked up to the them park and it looked like a grave yard, and the music was like, this guy making creepy circus music with his mouth, and there was this huge coffin staning upright, and it had a huge eyeball on it and that's where I turned the game off.

:(

Matt said:
The Suffering as a game didn't scare me...but those babies crying in the background kept me freaked out for weeks to come.
You'd love the Max Payne nightmare sequences. :up:

There's another one, when you reached a dead end in the blood trail area and the baby ripped out this high pitched pissed off scream I seriously paused the game and walked out of the room with my heart racing :(

Not scary creepy But Mario 3 and Super Mario World have Creepy music in the darker levels.

lol

Well, I don't find the actual music scary or horrific. It's just that the music is effective because them levels always put me on edge because of some of the really annoying obstacles in the way (mainly the castles) so the music doesn't help at all.

Really good score though :)

Well, the Ghost World carousel thing in Mario 64 did creep me out a lot :(

Silent Hill, SH2 and SH3.
All the Clocktower games.
Condemned
Phantasmagoria
Ripper

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members