Sports debate.

Oh and as for the most in shape thing.

I have also seen polls that have Gymnasts as the most in shape of all athletes with surprise surprise, Ballerinas picking up second place.

Hey can anyone help me find a picture?

I am looking for something specific. I am sure most if not all of you have seen it before, a picture of a boxer with a glove right in his face making it appear as if his face is being smashed from one side to the other.

Tried to do an internet search for it and can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

So while watching Sportscenter I go to thinking about athletes and their contracts. I can't remember who it was now but I will take Barry Zito as my prime example.

So Zito signs a $126 million 7 year deal. (How his agent pulled that off I will never know.) He is playing like **** and isn't worth $1.26 million a year at this point.

So my question is this, why don't more team owners/coaches/athletes have performance based salaries? I already know some of the arguments. Why should the owners get to keep more money? They already make a **** load anyway. Plus why shouldn't athletes get paid as much as they can get pad while they can get paid?

I agree with both of those arguments and I am sure there are more. But what about the flip side? Why the hell should the fans of the giants and many other teams have to endure such a huge contract and have to wait it out while Zito cashes in on millions before we can get another big name pitcher (if ever) before having to shell out millions more and maybe or maybe not get another ace?

If you are that great of an athlete and can perform, what problem do you have making what you're worth? I mean if you can win 20 games and have a 3.33 era I don't think you will have any problem getting paid based on performance. I know I wouldn't. But if I was 2-11 with a 6.32 era I would be ashamed to be getting paid $14-$18 million dollars for that season.

True it's not all Zito's fault he needs run support and what not, but I am pretty sure the 6.32 era is mostly his fault. But if I can bat .336 knock in 100RBIs, hit 40 home runs and bring in 90runs I have no problem getting paid for my performance.

There are plenty of professions that get paid on performance. True though, there are plenty of professions where you sign a contract. But there aren't many where you sign for millions upon millions and get treated as royalty in our society.

Although getting paid on performance may just urge more athletes to use performance enhancing drugs.

I don't know, it just got me to thinking because Barry Zito is the most overpaid athlete ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"