Final Fantasy XIII-2

DIRECTOR

Superhero
Reaction score
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1144403p1.html

first-look-final-fantasy-xiii-2-20110118043556424.jpg

first-look-final-fantasy-xiii-2-20110118043743238.jpg

HD Version of the Trailer coming soon...
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13-2/

Dubbed Final Fantasy XIII-2, the game will retain the same key staff behind last year's game, with Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama returning, and it will also see the return of key character Lightning.

She'll be joined by an all-new character in a move that's not a first for the Final Fantasy series. Final Fantasy X saw a direct sequel in Final Fantasy X-2 – a game with a combat system that would prove influential to that seen in Final Fantasy XIII.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is down for a 2011 release in Japan and will be coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

OH! so the person in the left are of the logo is a dude, BTW.

so....the plot of this is that Lightning lets her hair down and becomes a Sword and Board warrior??!!

Awesome!! :awesome:

i really hope the game isn't linear like the last one. It may be good considering they probably took the critizms and developed a good game.

I like the characters, the story was okay, the battle system was awesome, the graphics were splendid, just the linearity skrewed XIII up

I'm sure this game will be the game that we were waiting for when we were waiting for XIII (even though I thought XIII wasn't all that bad)

I still haven't played 13 despite getting it for my roommate for his birthday. Maybe I'll give it a go, but too much is coming out lately. I've already got a few other things I need to beat first.

But knowing Square Enix and it's history of release days, I'll have plenty of time to catch up.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=73406
Reveal Trailer in English.
I guess they've already started working on the English voice work.
The voiceover makes it sound like it's not even taking place in the same world as Final Fantasy XIII. Maybe an alternate universe or a distant future or past.

The first one is okay, has beautiful graphics great characters and good music (not as good as other FF though) The linearity didn't bother me that much. But it's too short IMO for a Final Fantasy at least.

I really liked the combat. If they keep the combat but open the world up more it will be a good game.

I hope they get rid of that crystal thing levelling system. I hated it

They should really do something more productive and bring Dissidia to the PS3. Instead they work on a Sequel to one of the most mediocre game in the franchise.

next year in NA. Its due out this winter in Japan, barring no delays

They should really do something more productive and bring Dissidia to the PS3. Instead they work on a Sequel to one of the most mediocre game in the franchise.
LMAO! IA. They should just leave FF XIII alone and work and different FF projects, like Dissidia or better yet getting VS XIII done.

Seeing FFXIII get a sequel saddens me bc its something I would have rather seen XII get. I know people didnt like the game but it some of the best characters in the series. I really wanted them to do more with Ashe, Baltheir and Basch (not to mention Dr. Cid and Vossler). Those 3 in a new story could have been fun.

Last edited:
What would really piss me off is if this comes out before versus, that would just be ridiculous

What would really piss me off is if this comes out before versus, that would just be ridiculous
I think it will. This has a Winter 2011 release date. VS doesnt even have a tentative release window. It's still TBA

next year in NA. Its due out this winter in Japan, barring no delays

LMAO! IA. They should just leave FF XIII alone and work and different FF projects, like Dissidia or better yet getting VS XIII done.

Seeing FFXIII get a sequel saddens me bc its something I would have rather seen XII get. I know people didnt like the game but it some of the best characters in the series. I really wanted them to do more with Ashe, Baltheir and Basch (not to mention Dr. Cid and Vossler). Those 3 in a new story could have been fun.

If they made a sequel to XII, the only characters that would return are vann and penelo. You know I'm right. That's how SE works.

I would trade FFXIII, FFXIII-2, and FFXIV for a dissidia on PS3.

I'm pretty sure they made a sequel to XII, I think it came out on the DS.

Is Lightning a really popular character in Japan or is Square Enix just trying to make her popular? Sequal, Dissidia 2 focus with cinematic trailer and whatnot makes me wonder why so much attention to this pink haired female Cloud.

I'm pretty sure they made a sequel to XII, I think it came out on the DS.

It's FFXII: Revenant Wings, and it has Vaan, Penelo, Balthier, and Fran as the main characters. Kytes returns as a main character. Ashe and Basch are busy with Dalmasca, and Vaan is trying to further his sky pirate career. It all takes place on this new floating continent.

Is Lightning a really popular character in Japan or is Square Enix just trying to make her popular? Sequal, Dissidia 2 focus with cinematic trailer and whatnot makes me wonder why so much attention to this pink haired female Cloud.

She's better than Cloud, imo. She's not some emo *****. But I think part of it is Square forcing her on us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"