Star Trek - A Decent Casting Formula For JL?

I don't think WW and Sup should get together in the first movie, but I could see them heading that direction by the time a 3rd film came out. Oh, and a little jealousy from Superman of the attention Bats gets from WW would be good.

I don't think WW and Sup should get together in the first movie, but I could see them heading that direction by the time a 3rd film came out. Oh, and a little jealousy from Superman of the attention Bats gets from WW would be good.

They'd have to have a really goods script for this to work. This could seriously hurt WW's image to the public if she's simply a prize for Superman and Batman to fight over.

- SUPERMAN............................ Henry Cavill
- BATMAN............................... Jim Caviezel
- WONDER WOMAN................... Monica Dean
- FLASH.................................. Ryan Gosling
- GREEN LANTERN..................... Common
- MARTIAN MANHUNTER............. Djimon Hounsou
- AQUAMAN............................. Kevin McKidd

- AMANDA WALLER.................... Alfre Woodard
- MAXWELL LORD...................... Dominic West
- GENERAL WADE EILING............. Sam Elliot
- PRESIDENT ROSS.................... Cotter Smith

- IRIS WEST............................. Danneel Harris
- SNAPPER CARR........................ Luke Ford

This is a cast I'd be happy with. Famous actors with lesser known (yet still talented) actors.

- SUPERMAN............................ Henry Cavill
- BATMAN............................... Jim Caviezel
- WONDER WOMAN................... Monica Dean
- FLASH.................................. Ryan Gosling
- GREEN LANTERN..................... Common
- MARTIAN MANHUNTER............. Djimon Hounsou
- AQUAMAN............................. Kevin McKidd

- AMANDA WALLER.................... Alfre Woodard
- MAXWELL LORD...................... Dominic West
- GENERAL WADE EILING............. Sam Elliot
- PRESIDENT ROSS.................... Cotter Smith

- IRIS WEST............................. Danneel Harris
- SNAPPER CARR........................ Luke Ford

This is a cast I'd be happy with. Famous actors with lesser known (yet still talented) actors.

I'd replace Cavill with Michael Trucco, but, other than that, I like it.

I've never thought of Dominic West as Max Lord. He's excellent in "The Wire". Great choice. :yay:

Lol, people still on this Cavill train, this guy you never see anywhere anymore :D .

I like Jim Caviezel, but going from Bale to Caviezel is ridiculous. Just keep Bale.

Also, I'm sorry, but I don't support the John Stewart thing. If you are going to do a Green Lantern series of movies starring Hal Jordan, it should be freaking HAL JORDAN.

However, if they are that serious about John Stewart, you can't do Green Lantern John Stewart in JL and then go to Hal Jordan in the "spin-off" movies. That's going to be labeled as racist. It's also stupid, ridiculous, and pointless.

^ Not if John Stewart appears in the Green Lantern movie as a supporting character. Or they could show that there is more than 1 GL and that John is in the League while Hal is off flying around the universe. They could also do the GL movie first, introduce both Hal and John and than people wouldn't have a hard time following it.

It's not really that hard to understand. Except for you, obviously. :whatever:

Agreed. It just needs to be established that there are multiple GL's who protect Earth and that both Stewart and Jordan are/have been associated with the Justice League.

You can't do a sequel spinoff of Justice League that's a Hal Jordan origin movie.

The solution is doing the Hal Jordan/GL movie first and then transitioning to Stewart so JL can have its token black guy later on.

Lol, people still on this Cavill train, this guy you never see anywhere anymore :D .

I like Jim Caviezel, but going from Bale to Caviezel is ridiculous. Just keep Bale.

Also, I'm sorry, but I don't support the John Stewart thing. If you are going to do a Green Lantern series of movies starring Hal Jordan, it should be freaking HAL JORDAN.

However, if they are that serious about John Stewart, you can't do Green Lantern John Stewart in JL and then go to Hal Jordan in the "spin-off" movies. That's going to be labeled as racist. It's also stupid, ridiculous, and pointless.

I always thought Cavill was too young loooking, but now just see him on Tudors. He's matured a lot and actually looks like a SuperMAN.

Believe me, I'd love Bale in a JL film, but everyone knows he wouldn't do it unless Nolan was involved and we all know Nolan hates everything not Batman. Caviezel has a similar look yet looks slightly older, making him a perfect candidate for a more mature Batman.

I'd love Hal Jordon too, but I'm just going with WB announcements when they say they want to include John Stewart instead (who, to me, is inferior to Jordan in almost every way).

You can't do a sequel spinoff of Justice League that's a Hal Jordan origin movie.

The solution is doing the Hal Jordan/GL movie first and then transitioning to Stewart so JL can have its token black guy later on.

Is the proposed GL movie a spin-off? Didn't know that. If it is, I would think whoever plays Hal could possibly cameo on JL.

According to WB, Wizard magazine, and the early reports it was. Along with the Flash, even though they apparently wanted two different Flashes as well.

But that's the problem. To do these movies and not have them work off of each other. WHEN YOU OWN THE MOVIE RIGHTS FOR ALL OF THE FREAKING CHARACTERS!

According to WB, Wizard magazine, and the early reports it was. Along with the Flash, even though they apparently wanted two different Flashes as well.

But that's the problem. To do these movies and not have them work off of each other. WHEN YOU OWN THE MOVIE RIGHTS FOR ALL OF THE FREAKING CHARACTERS!

That would be a bad move to plan for a GL and Flash movie, and not have them able to work within a possible JL universe. Otherwise, you end up with Nolan's Batman and Singer's Superman all over again. Do we use them? Do we not?

Do you think the rebirth of Barry Allen will increase his chances of be the main Flash in the movie?

See, I always thought he'd be a great Barry Allen.

I don't get the scientist vibe from Porter. I'd prefer someone else I think. Someone a little older.

''Green Lantern'' and ''The Flash'' could be conected to ''Justice League'', how ''Wonder Woman'' could be also.

I Would really like a Flash movie adapting ''The Return of Barry Allen''. Barry would have died on the JLA franchise and Wally get's retired to get used to the Flash role, when Barry ''comes back''. In the end, it is Zoom, the reverse Flash, playing mind games. That would be kick-ass.

''Green Lantern'' and ''The Flash'' could be conected to ''Justice League'', how ''Wonder Woman'' could be also.

It could be done. I'd prefer them not do it, though.

I Would really like a Flash movie adapting ''The Return of Barry Allen''. Barry would have died on the JLA franchise and Wally get's retired to get used to the Flash role, when Barry ''comes back''. In the end, it is Zoom, the reverse Flash, playing mind games. That would be kick-ass.

That would make a better sequel then a first movie. The audience needs to know Wally first for it to make an impact and they should establish the mythos first otherwise it be overwhelmed with information.

I would agree. I love treks approach.

I would agree. I love treks approach.

That's what I just said.

Nice post. Funny thing is Yelchin was rumored to be in talks to be Wally West.
They did a really good job on the cast for Star Trek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"