Star Trek Forum Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picard Sisko

Prepare to be Assimilated
Reaction score
This thread is purposed to petition for a forum of the Star Trek franchise here on SHH! If you hate Star Trek, or have no interest in it, please don'e post here saying "Star Trek sucks," or "Star Wars is better," or anything immature like that. Although I hate to compare, I feel that if Star Wars could have its own forum, why not Star Trek? I'm going to list the reasons as to why I feel Star Trek deserves its own forum here on SHH!

6 Television Series

ds9cast.jpg

• Star Trek: The Original Series
  • Star Trek: The Animated Series
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation
  • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
  • Star Trek: Voyager
  • Star Trek: Enterprise

Star Trek has 6 series, and I feel that alone is more than enough to discuss here on a forum. Although The Animated Series isn't much, it does count and is canon.

11 Feature Films

twokcast1.jpg

• Star Trek: The Motion Picture
  • Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
  • Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
  • Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
  • Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
  • Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
  • Star Trek: Generations
  • Star Trek: First Contact
  • Star Trek: Insurrection
  • Star Trek: Nemesis
  • J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

11 movies to add to the list, despite a few duds, you have The Wrath of Khan, The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country, First Contact, and the 2009 reboot that brought the franchise back to life.

Comic books, novels, magazines.

star+trek+idw.jpg

Taking_Wing_cover.jpg
bk-tp1.jpg

may82009_1046_lg.jpg

Toys & Merchandise

TrekMerch030612.gif

Trekkies, Fan Culture, Events

Future

Star Trek Into Darkness is the sequel to JJ Abrams' 2009 Star Trek reboot, coming May 17, 2013. A lot of hype has been building up for the film since its announcement, and release of the trailers.

[YT]r5gdbUC9mWU[/YT]

There is also word on Star Trek returning to television (its true home IMO). Several shows have been pitched, but nobody is certain on exactly what will happen. Nothing will be announced until after "Into Darkness" is released probably. There is no doubt that the franchise will continue, that's for sure. :yay:

Please feel free to add anything, and express your feelings as to whether or not you believe Star Trek should have its own forum here on SHH!

Last edited:
I think it comes down to whether or not the demand is there. The reason a Star Wars section was made is that the Star Wars threads in TV/Movie sections have never been inactive. Also, the SW fans we have here tend to be either larger in number than the ST fans or they are more fanatic.

I personally see no need for it.

Now with the JJ Abrams reboot, I'd imagine that more people have been attracted to the franchise. It has accomplished a lot, and came a long way (especially if you know the history behind it) and I think it needs to be appreciated.

I see no reason for the franchise not to have its own forum. Even if it isn't as active as the Star Wars forums, there is plenty to discuss.

I say why not?There's more than enough topics to support a forum.

Having said that,however,I admit my interest in ST has been largely in TOS and the reboot,with just a minor interest in TNG.

I love TNG. Really brought the franchise forward after the release of the original cast films. Deep Space Nine is my favorite series of them all.

I can see the section bringing in a lot of traffic, even some new users. I really think Star Trek should get one.

I mean, if Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have one, I think Star Trek definitely deserves it. Not knocking any of those franchises, I'm a fan of those as well. But Star Trek is hitting its 50th anniversary, and as I mentioned earlier, accomplished A LOT. Its a huge science fiction franchise that deserves recognition and appreciation IMO.

I think the GOTG forum and TMNT do seem to get a fair amount of traffice. But Ant-Man doesnt seem to be that active.

Honestly, i dont think Transformers, GI Joe, or Ant-Man NEED forums. But on the other hand it's not hurting anything so it's whatever

I think the GOTG forum and TMNT do seem to get a fair amount of traffice. But Ant-Man doesnt seem to be that active.

Honestly, i dont think Transformers, GI Joe, or Ant-Man NEED forums. But on the other hand it's not hurting anything so it's whatever

Exactly. And a Star Trek forum wouldn't hurt either, and I think it truly deserves one.

I would love to see a Trek forum, and I think you presented the arguments for it very well.

:up:

I'm violently opposed to it for no other reason other then that I feel that every idea needs some violent opposition for growth.

And ****, I accidentally voted yes after saying that. I've been swayed to go in favor.

Nerds.

But seriously, sure.

Absolutely, I support this 100%. I mean, I daresay Star Trek has a fanbase on the hype!

By the way, I started a thread in the suggestions section for a Middle Earth message board but I never heard back. That's one we urgently need too! We can't discuss all the things we want to discuss in just one tiny thread in the misc films section.

Please mods...Make it so!

Absolutely, I support this 100%. I mean, I daresay Star Trek has a fanbase on the hype!

By the way, I started a thread in the suggestions section for a Middle Earth message board but I never heard back. That's one we urgently need too! We can't discuss all the things we want to discuss in just one tiny thread in the misc films section.

Please mods...Make it so!

Engage!

The franchise is big enough to have one so I wouldnt say no to one, but is there a large enough fanbase on the hype to warrant it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"