Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

LOL if this is a link (didn't open for me) to the Midnight's Edge channel, they sure generate some worthy controversy and clickbait content -

Here is their whole spin on why, what they are selling to the fans as the "prime" time line, isn't actually what they think it is. LOL!

giphy.gif

Lawyers. Bad robot simply wanted to make it look a bit different so they get a cut of merch sales for both the kalvin timeline films and discovery. Without it being confused with the originals. Makes sense.

giphy.gif

36ja9r.gif

Can anyone do a higher rez grab from the original video, of this ^ tiny ship the one entering the Borg Cube (not the Warbirds) the tiny one going the opposite direction from the Warbirds.
I just used giphy to grab these ^ and it minimized it so much.
I haven't seen any site breakdown discussing the actual ship they are on, when ships concept and design is such a significant part of the franchise. (probably cause it's so freaking small, blink and you missed it, insignificant lol.)
This might be it! ....
Could be just a cargo shuttle, although looks like it might have four nacelles.
giphy.gif

9mCtx7b.jpg

Last edited:
If Worf shows up in this series, is he still going to look like he did in TNG or will he now look like the Star Trek Discovery Klingons?

Would he even recognise them?

It's not like they gave us a huge amount to go on with the new bridge crew, but so far they just look... meh. And I've always had such a dislike for the generic scrappy black leather that seems to be featured in every TV level sci-fi show.
Stewart was adamant about not wearing a uniform for this series and I suspect that had a lot to do with how design elements went forward.

I get all the hype about the returning cast cameos, and admittedly we don't know all that much about the new cast, but I honestly think the dog got more buzz, questions about, and attention than these four: :funny:
The names of Picard's new four person crew:
Cristobal "Chris" Rio (Santiago Cabrera)
screen-shot-2019-07-20-at-3.52.45-pm.jpg
He was going to play Aquaman in George Miller's Justice League Mortal.

jl3.jpg

He was going to play Aquaman in George Miller's Justice League Mortal.
I remember him from his role on Heroes (coincidentally here with future Spock)
And the fun BBC version of The Musketeers where he played Aramis.

We didn't get much from the trailer, or interviews where they were not allowed to say anything, but he's suposedly x-Starfleet, the renegades ship's pilot, and a smuggler? They weren't subtle with these reusable tropes, pretty much Trek's Solo.
Or if you prefer the obvious LOTR analogues by way of the elf Romulan as their elfin warrior Legolas, then Santiago Cabrera is obviously their dark moody Aragorn of the band.

Last edited:
Or if you prefer the obvious LOTR analogues by way of the elf Romulan as their elfin warrior Legolas, then Santiago Cabrera is obviously their dark moody Aragorn of the band.
Re taking it even further with the new cast:
-The old wizard( I mean Captain) has to put the together rag-tag group .... to protect;
- the little mcguffhalfling from being caught.(who caries a powerful secret who could "end us all"),
- The reluctant dark broody leader (with a fallen from grace past),
- The (pretty) but lethal elfin warrior,
- the not sure if Michelle Hurd is aware she is the crotchety itchy-triggered stalwart Dwarf analogue of the group.
- And of course the merry little loyal one at the end.
(and yes you can do this with nearly any ensemble cast.):cwink:
EAkvpdQX4AAJRrH

Of course not surprising as at least two of the principle plots of Discovery were just Dune transplanted to Trek,: Dune's Space-Navigators replaced by the Human-Tardigrade interface. And Dune's Ghola, sleeper agent who is set up to infiltrate, awaiting the trigger, (who in the end fights his "programming" regains his memory and finds his humanity) is replaced with a Klingon with the exact same arc.

Anyway lack of subtlety aside, so far love the new cast, and returning members, and premise;
Bellow pic needs more Jeri Ryan!
IIg3eZP.jpg

Last edited:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/star-trek-picard-is-getting-its-own-prequel-novel-and-1836910678
Pretty much the same with a couple of small added details (in bold bellow) Unless I just missed them in your link which wouldn't surprise me. :D

Premise (setting) of the comics:
Writer Mike Johnson and Picard Producer Kirsten Beyer will kick off Picard-prequelitis with Star Trek: Picard—Countdown, a three-part comic series from IDW beginning this November .....
—will revolve around “a mission that would go on to change the life” of Jean-Luc, which is presumably the same mission that leads to him quitting Starfleet ahead of the show. ... heavily implied that the cause for Picard’s exit is indeed going to be a rescue mission in the wake of Romulus being destroyed by a nearby star going supernova

And the name of the prequel novel;
...the novel set to come after it in early 2020 will instead lean more on introducing the new faces the older Jean-Luc will encounter in the upcoming show. Penned by Una McCormack and published by Simon & Schuster, The Last Best Hope—set to launch in February —will serve as a direct lead-in to the show, paving the way to get to know the new characters of the series

Last edited:

Nothing really new, just hadn't seen these.
Ryan does reveal that her character is definitely real not a Picard hallucination as I've seen some suggested.

Last edited:
Watching a bit of tng. It would be great if picard admitted that he always had carnal thoughts for troys mum. She was right all along.

Short of Data and Seven who are already known, along with Will and Deanna who are speculated to make an appearance, and save people writing a list or being lazy and saying everyone, which other ... shall we say five(?) Trek characters would people like to see pop up on the Picard show?
  • Ezri Dax, with or without the USS Aventine (maybe they could help fend off an attack by someone, or simply offer transportation)
  • Garak, assuming Picard's story takes us anywhere near Cardassia; it would be interesting (to me) to see how much Garak has changed, what with him now being in a position of importance for his people
  • Quark; if Picard's story involves subterfuge and such (which it no doubt does), it'll stand to reason they (him and his crew) may need to go through unofficial channels from time to time. Who better to provide them with goods than Quark? We'd also get a good look at 2399's DS9.
  • Miles O'Brien, simply because he's now on Earth (same planet as Picard) and they have history; it would be nice to see how Miles has settled in.
  • Mr Worf, what's he doing with his life now? Is he still within the house of Martok serving as Ambassador? Would he look like the Klingon we know, or one from DSC?

Short of Data and Seven who are already known, along with Will and Deanna who are speculated to make an appearance, and save people writing a list or being lazy and saying everyone, which other ... shall we say five(?) Trek characters would people like to see pop up on the Picard show?
  • Ezri Dax, with or without the USS Aventine (maybe they could help fend off an attack by someone, or simply offer transportation)
  • Garak, assuming Picard's story takes us anywhere near Cardassia; it would be interesting (to me) to see how much Garak has changed, what with him now being in a position of importance for his people
  • Quark; if Picard's story involves subterfuge and such (which it no doubt does), it'll stand to reason they (him and his crew) may need to go through unofficial channels from time to time. Who better to provide them with goods than Quark? We'd also get a good look at 2399's DS9.
  • Miles O'Brien, simply because he's now on Earth (same planet as Picard) and they have history; it would be nice to see how Miles has settled in.
  • Mr Worf, what's he doing with his life now? Is he still within the house of Martok serving as Ambassador? Would he look like the Klingon we know, or one from DSC?

Wesley crusher. Where did he go with the traveller? What has he learned?

-Vash, her and Picard although it wasn't the right time then, had allot in common, seemed like they would inevitably find each other again and have more adventure.

-La Forge, since they are emphasizing the return of Hugh, if part of it is about the anxiety of Borg integrating into humanity. Picard actually just wanted to use him as a weapon to wipe out the Borg, it is through his friendship and strong connection with Le Forge who recognized him as an individual, that he got his humanity back. If they are implying that is what ultimately "infected" all the Borg. Le Forge and Hugh as a realized individual, should get to experience the consequences of that together.

Although mostly I hope they really focus on the new cast and crew, and Picard's dynamic with them.
If the only pertinent thing about the show becomes who from the old series is going to cameo and pop-up next, then they are doing something wrong.
The way this was set up, I think this new crew (who should be the emphasis) are being poorly served and going to have a hard time being accepted, as any focus on them, their past, their story, people might only see as getting in the way and taking time from the old character's pop ups.:funny:

Last edited:
Vash, her and Picard although it wasn't the right time then, had allot in common, seemed like they would inevitably find each other again and have more adventure.
It was only yesterday I was watching the DS9 episode with her and Q in. I'd welcome her/them back for an episode.

Although mostly I hope they really focus on the new cast and crew, and Picard's dynamic with them. If the only pertinent thing about the show becomes who from the old series is going to cameo and pop-up next, then they are doing something wrong.
I hear you, bu then I don't feel Spock overshadowed Michael in Discovery (although he probably could of, cause her character can be a little dull at times). Likewise, the likes of Legolas didn't overshadow the Dwarfs of the Hobbit Trilogy.

I think there needs to be a balance. Their inclusion is obviously fan service; we want to see our favourites back on the screen, but you're right, moving forward, the focus should be on the new crew, and I'm sure it will. It's these characters that we'll need to explore and develop a connection with. Short of Picard, and maybe Seven, I doubt the other guest characters will have much more than an episode or two; even Data.

It was only yesterday I was watching the DS9 episode with her and Q in. I'd welcome her/them back for an episode.

I hear you, bu then I don't feel Spock overshadowed Michael in Discovery (although he probably could of, cause her character can be a little dull at times). Likewise, the likes of Legolas didn't overshadow the Dwarfs of the Hobbit Trilogy.

I think there needs to be a balance. Their inclusion is obviously fan service; we want to see our favourites back on the screen, but you're right, moving forward, the focus should be on the new crew, and I'm sure it will. It's these characters that we'll need to explore and develop a connection with. Short of Picard, and maybe Seven, I doubt the other guest characters will have much more than an episode or two; even Data.

Sure data or at least the actor will be significant. Troy and ryker think will just be a cameo.
Not saying data will be a part of the crew, i think his role will be different.

Just my speculation though based on almost zero.

Bring back Chakotay to undershadow the new characters. :o

MV5BZDQ0ZDUwOGQtODFhMy00Njg0LThmYTktOGJmMmY3NmY2YjhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgwMjA0ODA@._V1_UY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

(@NeraidaBega) <a href="">July 21, 2019

Last edited:
I'd like to see Commander Nella Daren show up again. She had a romance with Picard in the episode "Lessons" where she was a concert pianist and dueted with Picard on his Ressikan flute.

What with the two(?) Romulans on Picard's new crew, I'd find it fitting if one of them turned out to be a child of Donatra; furthermore I wouldn't mind her showing up again in an episode or two.

You left out EMH Doctor from Voyager who's also joining this. :o

Well, as for other characters I want..

• T ' Pol from Enterprise.
  • Tuvok from Voyager.
  • B'Elanna Torres from Voyager.
  • Quark frm DS9.
  • Worf.
And maybe Chakotay and Harry Kim too.

You left out EMH Doctor from Voyager who's also joining this. :o

Well, as for other characters I want..

• T ' Pol from Enterprise.
  • Tuvok from Voyager.
  • B'Elanna Torres from Voyager.
  • Quark frm DS9.
  • Worf.
And maybe Chakotay and Harry Kim too.

T'pol would be dead wouldn't she? Spock looks old, she'd be older? I know vulcans live longer than humans, but how old would she be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"