TOS STAR TREK: TOS - Featurette on New HD Transfer

my mom knew a guy who went homicidal the day he heard that the original Star Trek was cancelled and beat his mom to death with a brick. But that was back when LSD was part of the normal diet.

:woot: YES! Bring back the best Trek! I hope they let the Enterprise cut loose like the Defiant in those Enterprise episodes In a Mirror Darkly. This will be a great way to re-energize the franichise in my opinion!

Well it turns out that my station did play it and I just watched the first one, " Balance of Terror". It looks great. The new ship, the FX and the HD stuff, all of it. Can't wait to see more. :up: :D

:csad: I just finished watching Balance of Terror with the updates, and I am horribly disappointed! I was hoping to see effects similar to DS9s Trials and Tribblations or Enterprises In a Mirror Darkly. No the effects were very underwhelming, and failed to offer anything new! Combined with the terrible edit of the show, and I was very disappointed. Star Trek had (if you combined all the spin-offs) 25 seasons on the air from 1987-2004, and why couldn't CBS use those decades of experience to do it right! Oh well, you take what you can get I guess!:(

what!? they're already showing them? where can I watch these?...

kakarot069 said:
what!? they're already showing them? where can I watch these?...
Trekmovie.com has a listing of show times and channels for many cities in all 50 states. Check it out!:yay:

Captain Kirk said:
:csad: I just finished watching Balance of Terror with the updates, and I am horribly disappointed! I was hoping to see effects similar to DS9s Trials and Tribblations or Enterprises In a Mirror Darkly. No the effects were very underwhelming, and failed to offer anything new! Combined with the terrible edit of the show, and I was very disappointed. Star Trek had (if you combined all the spin-offs) 25 seasons on the air from 1987-2004, and why couldn't CBS use those decades of experience to do it right! Oh well, you take what you can get I guess!:(

I caught balance of Terror on TV and I must say it was pretty awesome. I didnt realize what i was watching until I saw the Romulan BOP look more detailed than on the show

I must say I was shocked at the subtlety of the new CGI. You can barely tell its been toyed with. It looks great, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Gamma Ray said:
I must say I was shocked at the subtlety of the new CGI. You can barely tell its been toyed with. It looks great, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
That's what I liked about it, The subtlety of it. :up::yay:

aw, dammit, I dont get it at all... this sucks.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I don't see why they wouldn't. As far as I've heard, they've only replaced the exterior shots, nothing with the stories or the actors' performances.

Trust me, there isn't enough CGI in this reality that could fix Shatner's acting.

mastermindjcg said:
Trust me, there isn't enough CGI in this reality that could fix Shatner's acting.
lol, but I don't mind it...
I like it to be honest...

I think it's great...though I was honestly hoping for more CGI...maybe extended space sequences and CGI replacements for the basic computer screens.

from what 've heard, the cgi is very subtle, and that's just fine with me... I'm glad they didn't make it look like something that was made today.

I was hoping that TOS would get the royal treatment being that it started it all, and not a half-assed attempt. I can only hope it gets alot better, because if not I have the uncuts on G4 to watch. You guys should check out In a Mirror Darkly, and see the Connie done badass style!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"