Legends Star Wars: Aftermath Trilogy

Solidus

Knights of Ren
Reaction score
StarWars.com - WHAT HAPPENED AFTER ENDOR? FIND OUT IN STAR WARS: AFTERMATH

http://www.starwars.com/news/what-ha...wars-aftermath

The second Death Star has been destroyed. Rumors are flying that the Emperor and his enforcer, Darth Vader, are dead. A new government is forming to replace the Empire. But the galaxy is a big place, and the fallout of this cataclysm will affect different worlds in different ways. Does everyone accept the fall of Imperial rule? Has everyone even heard the life-altering news? What rushes in to fill the vacuum the Empire has left? And who will try to stop them? Those are some of the themes we’ll be exploring in Aftermath.

What’s more, Aftermath will be the first book in a trilogy that begins to bridge the Star Wars timeline between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. There is so much unknown between the Battle of Endor and the events of The Force Awakens, and we’re excited to take our first step into that space.

Obviously I wish I could tell you more about the story, but I can’t just yet. What I can reveal is that you will be introduced to a sweeping new cast of characters, along with a fan favorite from the films. And who knows what other familiar faces will pop up along the way? And once you’ve seen The Force Awakens in movie theaters, you may find that certain names and places in Aftermath have a relevance you never knew–so keep your eyes wide open!

CAUl1udVEAA3Dvq.jpg:small

Cannot wait for this trilogy. Or the new Marvel Series that follow the ROTJ events. This is on top of my list for this years SW books.

So are they releasing this whole trilogy that bridges the time between ROTJ and TFA before TFA hits theaters?

Unknown. But I doubt it. There may be revelations in the later books that would spoil some parts of TFA. But really that is an unknown right now.

The Han, Luke, Leia and 3P0 books were the ones that caught my interest when they made the 20 book announcement, but I really like the sound of this trilogy, a canon decades-wide arc that builds the saga between the OT and ST.

Don't forget that the final Aftermath book Empire's End comes out February 21.

empires-end.jpg

13697016_10154380797283713_2300408070854450403_n.jpg

Looks like the Battle of Jakku to me.

It is. At the end of Life Debt, the remnants of the Empire and Gallius Rax are heading to Jakku. There is something in Palpatine's top secret base on Jakku that Rax wants to get or to use. The base is built on a very ancient very important archeological spot. Palpatine told Rax that Jakku used to be very important to the ancient galaxy. Whatever Palpatine found there he said it would be important once again. Rax knows about it and heads to Jakku. The Rebels meet them there and the Empire makes its final stand at Jakku.

Some have speculated that Rax is the being that becomes Snoke and that Rax is injured and disfigured in the battle. Possibly presumed dead. Then he returns as Snoke years later. Others have speculated that Snoke is working or staying in the base or that Snoke was what Palpatine found buried on Jakku. Then built his base on the site and either studied Snoke or guarded him.

Needless to say, this book could be very important to the future films and the mythology. Someone put Rey on Jakku for a reason and Im thinking Rey, Jakku's ancient history, Palpatine's base, and the ancient archeological site are all somehow tied together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"