Star Wars: Battlefront II

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
rendition1.img.jpg

Commence primary ignition – the first trailer for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II is imminent. On April 15 at 2:30PM ET/11:30AM PT at Star Wars Celebration, we’ll be presenting during the “The Galaxywide Premiere of Star Wars Battlefront II” panel. Not able to attend in person? You’ll still be able to watch online. Join the award-winning developers from DICE, Criterion and Motive as they offer a glimpse at the game and debut the first trailer.

source

Really hoping for Prequel content. Didn't get the last one cause it didn't have a campaign.

The past 4 or 5 months I've been playing Battlefront more than ever. After they dialed it in more and added the DLC it's a great game, still could have used more maps etc. I'm excited to see what they bring it sounds like they know they need to add more. I hope they add a lot more Sabotage maps, that DLC mode ended up being one of the favorites. I'm kind of shocked I'm playing it more now then when it first came out. They really ironed out a lot of the issues and balanced it wonderfully. Walker-assault is far from what it was when it first launched, it's now always really tense.

I hope they learn from their mistakes. Mechanically the first game was sound and is probably the best looking FPS I've ever played. They just need to make a full experience with the sequel.

I hope they learn from their mistakes. Mechanically the first game was sound and is probably the best looking FPS I've ever played. They just need to make a full experience with the sequel.

For about 20 bucks you can get the ultimate edition which has all the DLC, I do recommend it. The Bespin DLC and Rogue One: Scarif DLC is some of the best Battlefront has to offer as well as the later downloadable maps Suvivor on Endor and Twilight on Hoth. They are actually really fun and on the PS4 there is still a large community playing.

Im hoping EA and Dice follow in Titanfall's footsteps and include a good singleplayer story with this Battlefront sequel. Id actually buy the game if it had that. But considering Battlefield's single player stories are usually half assed **** Im not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

But the internet has already seen it.

[FONT=&quot]
star_wars_battlefront2.JPG
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is arguably EA's most anticipated game on the horizon, and we know that it's (likely) coming towards the end of 2017. Yesterday, the company made a post on their official Twitter account regarding the "first look" at Battlefront 2, confirming the date and time that is currently posted on the game's blog. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The tweet has since been deleted, which is a bit odd considering that the company announced the exact same news over a week ago. Here's a screenshot of the tweet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
star_wars_battlefront2_tweet.JPG
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The date post on the Battlefront blog is still live, so there's no readily apparent reason why EA would decide to delete the tweet. A date change wouldn't seem to make sense with the blog post still live, but that will no doubt get the conspiracy wheels turning on forums everywhere.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For now, we still expect the first official gameplay reveal to go down at the Star Wars Celebration On April 15th at 2:30 PM ET/11:30 AM PT.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sources: [Reddit, One Angry Gamer][/FONT]

source:http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Love the first game. Wonder what they'll work on improving in the sequel. A campaign would make a big difference to me and it could be really good even with the existing Battlefront engine.

Love the first game. Wonder what they'll work on improving in the sequel. A campaign would make a big difference to me and it could be really good even with the existing Battlefront engine.

My thoughts exactly. I loved the first game and had a blast and still have been recently online with friends. Excited to see what they improve upon and what the campaign entails.

I'm sure I've got a lot more hours left to put into the first game when I'm finally done with Witcher 3 and Mass Effect. The DLCs definitely added a lot of good content. I hope this becomes a perpetual franchise.

Yeah I've played all the DLC and enjoyed them. I'm curious to see the direction they go with II. Wonder if they'll mix in the PT.

I want them to cover all their bases with the Star Wars universe. There isn't any part of it I wouldn't want them to try. Just wondering what they are thinking of improving aside from general graphics and gunplay. Would love to be a fly on the wall in their brainstorming meetings.

Doubtful, but I'm hoping for a massive overhaul for BF2. I want spawn points, classes, squads, actual vehicles on the map. Above all else, I want to see the gameplay refined. I'm playing a little Battlefront at the moment and it feels sluggish and inaccurate.

The Raider Class Corvette. And interesting choice. A ship created for the X-wing miniatures game seems to be rising in prominence.

Looks amazing. Day one for sure.

Looks like you play an Imperial TIE Figther Pilot right after ROTJ for the single player.

Last edited:
I had to stop playing the first game months ago. For whatever reason, every time they had an update, I had severe lag afterwards. Seriously, it got to the point where it was unplayable.

So yeah. If that was a common issue, fix it please.

In late December they had some issues it's fine now. I play a few times a week with my brother and friends.

I hope they learned from the first game. I like it, its a good game. But it was lacking so much. This looks like everything you would want from a Battlefront game.

What I gathered:

Characters:

• Yoda
  • Darth Maul
  • Kylo Ren
  • Rey

Maps and Game types:

Prequels

• Naboo palace core (heroes Vs villains)

Originals

• Hoth Walker Assault (Featuring Tauntauns!)
  • Death Star II dogfight (Aftermath? Looks like a ton of debris but perhaps we get before and after)
  • Battle of Endor (Aftermath?)

Sequels

• Battle of Takodana (in atmosphere dogfight as well as ground skirmish)
  • Starkiller Base (in atmosphere dogfight as well as what seems to be a walker assault mission, also interior of base)

Campaign taking place between 6 and 7.

Last edited:
The ad is a promising start, if it's any indication this game will be much more ambitious than the previous, just hope they don't gate most of the content behind a season pass this time.

Last edited:
Leaked ad:

I'd remove this; SHH likes to ban people posting leaks. Better to be safe than sorry.

That being said, the video is cool, but I still feel pretty burned by the last game, and they haven't shown anything to make me hyped yet. Hopefully we will get some game play soon.

Kinda random, but I was just looking at the logo in the first post and I have to say, I don't know what to call it, but I hate this recent trend of logos just being plain white text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"