Rebels Star Wars: Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving each episode as it progresses.

My only real complaint, and I know that it follows the OT, but the Stormtroopers aim is seriously bothersome at points. From afar I can understand, but the fruit episode had many instances of very close range where they were way off target and dodged with ease. I miss the Clone Troopers.

Well the Clone Troopers are good guys in TCW. So of course they will hit their marks better. But Clone Troopers were also genetically created to be great soldiers. Stormtroopers are just enlisted men.

Just saw Breaking Ranks, great episode.

Loved this weeks ep, seeing the cadet training of the Storm Troopers showing the process of moving from Clone's to a regular army once the Empire took control was neat.

I also loved how they did the classic SW cross cutting of the action at the end with the Walker battle/escape and the Ghost attacking the Imperial ship.

That opening shot with the TIE-Fighters and that sound design. :hrt: I also loved how the corridors on the base looked exactly like the corridors on the Death Star.

Is there something I'm missing? haha.

Was this a big deal in the original OT? I noticed this too, and I thought it looked cool, but is there any significance too it?

The OT lightsabers had to be hand drawn frame by frame, and this led to certain characteristics. Inconsistent cores and jitters etc. With the PT they could do the sabers on a computer and it resulted in almost perfect and consistent blades. TCW had blades like the PT. Whereas with Rebels, the animators have made the sabers look more like they were hand drawn. Its just one of those nice little touches.

Last edited:
Well, what do ya know, background girl Sabine is the star of this new episode of Rebels "Out of Darkness" with Hera playing the mentor figure.

Well, what do ya know, background girl Sabine is the star of this new episode of Rebels "Out of Darkness" with Hera playing the mentor figure.

Really liked the interactions between them. Good break from the Jedi/Imperial stories.

Now with [BLACKOUT]the "introduction" of Fulcrum[/BLACKOUT], things will speed up from here.

I don't understand, when are these episodes coming out? I thought the new one was Ezra undercover (which was cool!), which was released just yesterday...wasn't it? I'm so confused.

Apparently they come out on the Disney XD website a week before they premiere on TV. Personally, I just wait and watch them on TV.

I'm confused as well. My XD on demand has "Out of Darkness" but no "rise of the old masters"

Yesterday's episode was really good. I enjoyed the cadet training and Ezra's bonds with his fellow cadets.

When you compare "Out of Darkness" with "Fighter Flight" you'll see that the former is the better way you do character development in a stand alone episode rather than the pointless slapstick in the latter.

Yesterday's episode was really good. I enjoyed the cadet training and Ezra's bonds with his fellow cadets.

Me too! I liked his friend who was just there to find his sister, that kid has a cool story. I really hope we get to see him again, definitely seemed like they were laying seeds for a future story.

My only problem with Rebels o far, is that I want some sympathy on he Imperial side. the clones were all genetically the same yet we got several different characters out of them. The Stormtroopers are now basically les humorous Battle Droids. I know its the OT approach, but I really miss having characters on both sides, instead of "Rebels=good, Imperials=bad"

It's early days yet. Better to build up the team and establish some adventures for a while before delving into the larger world. I'd put money on it that Filoni and co will show us other perspectives in time.

I'm half way through the second season of TCW, and there's no sympathy shown for the imperial side so far :/, the battle droids are hilarious though, so I wont be surprised as I'm guessing that comes in later in the show (Tcw), that it will come later in SW: Rebels too.

I haven't seen the most recent episode but I'm liking the show so far quite a bit (though I wasn't big on the fruit episode). It was a treat to me seeing Captain Rex as well. :woot:

I caught up on this show last night. I didn't watch TCW, but I'm digging Rebels so far. It's very Firefly-esque in that it's following this mashed up group on a ship around the galaxy. It's like Firefly for kids + Jedi and general Star Wars homage/nostalgia.

Last edited:
I noticed how Firefly-y it is. I really really liked "Out of Darkness". It was a good character episode. Those two are my favorites along with Zeb. I don't care too much for Freddy Prince Jr or Ezra. I don't hate them though. Love Ghost, I want to live in there.

I can't stand Zeb, I hope Ezra force pushes him out of the Ghost into a Sarlaac.

Last edited:
A TIE-Figther chase to start things, then Herra and Sabine get center stage in a Pitch Black styled scenario, and we get a couple of bursts of the classic score, me likey episode 6. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"