Rebels Star Wars: Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidus

Knights of Ren
Reaction score
Since it has been officially announced today I figure it would be appropriate to open this thread.

REBELS
NEW STAR WARS ANIMATED TELEVISION SERIES
BEGINS PRODUCTION FOR 2014 PREMIERE
ON DISNEY XD CHANNELS AROUND THE WORLD

--Special Event Telecast to First Air on Disney Channel --

Production has begun on Star Wars Rebels, an exciting, all-new animated television series based on one of the greatest entertainment franchises of all time. Scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, it will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

Leading the development of the series is a creative team of exceptional talent. Screenwriter/producer Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes, Mr. & Mrs. Smith) is an executive producer on Star Wars Rebels and will write the premiere episode. He is joined by Dave Filoni as executive producer, who served as supervising director of the ®Emmy nominated Star Wars: The Clone Wars since 2008. Executive producer Greg Weisman brings with him a wealth of animation experience with credits such as Young Justice, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles.

Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide, said, "The entire team at Lucasfilm has provided extraordinary creativity and innovation for over three decades, and we're thrilled to be bringing the expansive and imaginative world of Star Wars to Disney XD's viewers."

"I couldn't be more excited to explore new corners of the Star Wars universe,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president, Lucasfilm. “I think Star Wars Rebels will capture the look, feel and fun that both kids and their parents love about Star Wars."

The action-filled series is set between the events of Episode III and IV – an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. Details about the show are a closely guarded secret at this point.

Star Wars Rebels will be produced by Lucasfilm Animation, featuring many of the key talents that made Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Fans attending Star Wars Celebration Europe (http://www.starwarscelebration.eu/) will be the first to get an exclusive look at the new series. Casting will be announced at a later date. More information about this developing project will be found on www.StarWars.com and on Facebook at facebook.com/starwarsrebels.

I'm really excited about it, so let the speculation begin! Do you think we'll see some of the OT characters in their younger years, and if so who? I'd LOVE to see a young Wedge :woot:. I get the feeling we might see Mon Mothma and Bail also.

It would be cool to see a younger Han.

This sounds perfect to bring in the one and only Galen Marek AKA StarKiller

This sounds like a really good idea, looking forward to it.

Great idea for an animated series. I'm definitely very much looking forward to this. The era itself has always been very interesting to me; and now we will get a semi-canon take on it.

I hope they can get James Earl Jones for some Vader moments, that would be killer!

>In-between Episodes III and IV
>Greg Weisman

This may actually be good.

I wonder if they'll use the same animation style they used on Clone Wars or go in a different direction?

Exciting stuff! I wonder if Ahsoka will show up. Starkiller would be neat too.

Duke, I hope it's the same/a similar style. Just so the two shows tie together nicely.

Exciting stuff! I wonder if Ahsoka will show up. Starkiller would be neat too.

Duke, I hope it's the same/a similar style. Just so the two shows tie together nicely.

That's what I'm hoping for too, so there can be some sort of continuity.

I wonder if they'll use the same animation style they used on Clone Wars or go in a different direction?
I hope the same. I loved how CW looked.

Great potential. I am hoping this fulfills that potential. Oh, and please, no Ahsoka. Unless she is brutally murdered by Vader.

Last edited:
With Filoni at the helm, and a fair chunk of the Clone Wars team returning along with him (not to mention the character's popularity) it's a safe bet Ahsoka will be back. Personally I'm excited to find out where she went after Clone Wars, and what she's been up to in the years between.

I hope/think we'll be seeing other fan favorites too, like Cad Bane. Plo Koon is practically guaranteed because if I recall correctly, Koon is Filoni's favorite character.

That's what I'm hoping for too, so there can be some sort of continuity.

I hope the same. I loved how CW looked.

According to this nifty wee video the Art Director from Clone Wars, Killian Plunkett, is also going to be the Art Director for Rebels. If the art style isn't exactly the same, it'll probably be very similar.

Plo Koon died in Episode III. I don't think will see him alive and I doubt he can Force Ghost. Flashbacks at best.

I am looking forward to the animation. Clone Wars Season 4 and 5 looked so good.

I would've loved it to be post-ROTJ, but I've got no complaints about this. :up:

if I remember correctly there are not many Jedi left there were three on Starkiller's hit list those names didn't include Ben Kenobi or Yoda.I think everyone needs closure to Ahsoka and Darth Maul's stories.

Yup I'm game!!! Oh and Greg Weisman we have another hit I think.

Ya in the video they keep saying the visual art is going to be very different. So the video I posted pretty much shows in a visual sense it will be a different world, closer to the OT. I'm not talking animation though I'm talking art style. They keep saying they are going to go off of Ralph's stuff of the OT.

I'm loving this concept far better than that Reclamation crap. I always thought something set between Episodes III-IV would be awesome where it's just straight up Rebels vs the Evil Empire. There's also not much lore set in that era, so you can play with it quite nicely. It would be quite interesting to see how the galaxy's actually holding up after Palpatine really took over.

Characters I would love to see appear
STARKILLER!!! as well as other TFU characters like Juno, Rahm, PROXY
Ahsoka Tano-->Just to see if my theory of her becoming an agent of the Rebel Alliance is true
Leia Organa
Wedge Antilles and Red Squadron PLEASE!
Han and Chewbacca-->Just as a cameo
Kyle Katarn
Boba Fett(I think that's a given)
Any other surviving Jedi
Darth Vader
Maul
Asajj Ventress(who I believe is still alive?)
Dash Rendar
A really young Mara Jade

I was hoping for it to be set between ANH and ESB but this sounds great as well and has a lot of scope to work with. I think Bail will be a big part of the show and I wonder if we'll see a young Luke and Leia. I guess the big question is will Vader be a regular character!? :D

I definitely think we'll see Boba Fett, Cad Bane, Hondo, Dengar, Embo etc...if the hunt for the remaining Jedi is going to be part of the show, and of course Darth Maul remains which I think means we'll get a Vader vs Maul showdown. :jedi

Filoni and a good portion of his crew?

GREG WEISMAN? :wow:

Era between Episodes III & IV?

You know I'm in! I've been saying I'd like to see Clone Wars extend past Order 66. Though it sound a little further down the road than that, this is great! Maybe we'll see Asoka. Maybe we can see Obi-Wan & Yoda in hiding (bring back James Arnold Taylor!)! Vader hunting down Jedi! Can you imagine Matt Launter for Anakin in the mediation chamber when he removes his helmet?! Can you imagine if it still the same style??!! Maybe get a resolution to Maul?

My one request, against some of these posters: NO Starkiller or Force Unleashed CRAP, please!

This sounds great! Two guys of some of the best cartoons in recent years teaming together for Star Wars! Disney ain't playing around.

My one request, against some of these posters: NO Starkiller or Force Unleashed CRAP, please!

Agreed x1000000. I'm one of the guys who hates TFU with passion. In fact, I'd go ever further and I hope they take down TFU's continuity like a wrecking ball and completely ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"