The Comics Stark in comics

Raiden

Wakanda Forever
Reaction score
Although the success of the movie will introduce many new readers to Iron Man, the current persona of Stark isn't as likeable as he is in the movie. In the past, Marvel has tried to change the comic version to be closer to the movies in anticipation of potential new readers (like X-Men). I'm just wonder if Marvel will like the same to our armored Avenger as well.

The Invincible Iron Man is close to movie, they even put in Pepper and had a cameo from Rhodey.

Viva Las Vegas is being written by Favreau and drawn by Adi Granov.

btw, both sold like hotcakes and a second prining is coming. :woot:

Although the success of the movie will introduce many new readers to Iron Man, the current persona of Stark isn't as likeable as he is in the movie. In the past, Marvel has tried to change the comic version to be closer to the movies in anticipation of potential new readers (like X-Men). I'm just wonder if Marvel will like the same to our armored Avenger as well.

Well partly it's like Batman and Bruce Wayne in the new Bats Franchise. At this point, Bruce is still clinging to that hope for a some-what normal life. However, in the comics, as the character aged, we've seen time and time again that Bruce is much, much more obsessed with the Batman character, to the extent that you can't tell which is the mask for sure. Movie Bruce is still young and his character is not as well developed yet as his comic book counterpart.

I think the same is true for Tony. Movie Tony is still just at the beginning of his career and isn't even sure what it means to be a hero...yet. In the comics, he's come through so many things, many of them character defining experiences...like his alcohol addiction, his experience with the Avengers, the death of Steve Rogers, etc. He's matured, in a sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"