Eternals Should MCU Galactus be a Celestial "gone bad"

eon001

Sidekick
Reaction score
I don't know how well known Galactus's origin is, but it's pretty drawn out and long.
Found and origin video online which breaks it down.

Now that they've set up the Celestials as beings that create words, wouldn't it be interesting if there rouge opposite was Galactus as he's the consumer of worlds?
The-eternals-Celestials-Galactus.jpg

I would maybe make him a Celestial that wasn't complete, if it were me. Like his emergence happened early, and cause of that he needs to continuously consume planets to survive

I would maybe make him a Celestial that wasn't complete, if it were me. Like his emergence happened early, and cause of that he needs to continuously consume planets to survive
That's an awesome idea. It reinforces the sympathy attached to Galactus. He's not "bad", He's just a force of nature.

And I would imagine the Eternals would have disassociated with him so he has to create his own heralds.

I mean, I absolutely think Galactus should be connected to the Celestials. They've established a race of giant armor-wearing cosmic godbeings, it would be silly to have another giant armor-wearing cosmic godbeing who is completely unrelated to them.

That said, I lean in the direction of Galactus as "Celestial Predator". His purpose in existence is essentially to eat Celestials. Does this make him a villain? Well, not intrinsically, because frankly the Celestials don't really merit that kind of moral high ground. However, it does make him equally dangerous to life lower on the cosmic hierarchy, since whether you die because the Celestial embryo in your planet hatched and cracked it open, or because Galactus cracked your planet open to eat it first, you are still dead due to cosmic forces beyond comprehension.

( So, why would Galactus come for Earth? Because while Tiamat is "dead", death for a Celestial is a relative thing, and hasn't changed its 'edibility'. Thus, Earth is basically the ultimate meal for Galactus, a planet whose Celestial embryo is 100% mature, but still sitting their helpless waiting to be consumed. Normally he doesn't get to eat Celestials that mature, since before he reaches the place the planet has already popped and the Celestial is free to fight or escape. )

I mean, I absolutely think Galactus should be connected to the Celestials. They've established a race of giant armor-wearing cosmic godbeings, it would be silly to have another giant armor-wearing cosmic godbeing who is completely unrelated to them.

That said, I lean in the direction of Galactus as "Celestial Predator". His purpose in existence is essentially to eat Celestials. Does this make him a villain? Well, not intrinsically, because frankly the Celestials don't really merit that kind of moral high ground. However, it does make him equally dangerous to life lower on the cosmic hierarchy, since whether you die because the Celestial embryo in your planet hatched and cracked it open, or because Galactus cracked your planet open to eat it first, you are still dead due to cosmic forces beyond comprehension.

( So, why would Galactus come for Earth? Because while Tiamat is "dead", death for a Celestial is a relative thing, and hasn't changed its 'edibility'. Thus, Earth is basically the ultimate meal for Galactus, a planet whose Celestial embryo is 100% mature, but still sitting their helpless waiting to be consumed. Normally he doesn't get to eat Celestials that mature, since before he reaches the place the planet has already popped and the Celestial is free to fight or escape. )

I like it. I wouldn't want to stray too far from planet eating either. Maybe you can fold both feeding habits into Galactus. Make him a double threat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"