State Your Opinion on a Character (New 52 Edition) - Part 1

1945924-lisa9.jpg

LISA JENNINGS

I guess that was a call back. Actually more subtle than the subject matter deserves.

That said... The Adam West bit has become more poignant for me over the years since it's a reminder of how actually ridiculous some aspects of Batman are while his fans insist upon his "realism" in comparison to the rest of the DC stable. At this point we are full circle in many ways. For all intents and purposes BatGod is just a "serious" version of the West show these days across media. Infallible and never without the EXACT item needed to overcome his opponents no matter the silliness or unlikely (even in comics) nature of them. If people are gonna keep going on about his mortality and limits as compared to the other DC heroes I would like to see more than token gestures to that element.

It's no worse than that bulls&@$ Kryptonite chewing gum Batman used to take a Joker-Venomed Superman down at the beginning of Endgame.

Shark repellant in comics just reminds me of the Marvel What If where Morbius is killed by like twenty sharks. Twenty. That's stupid.

Also the Bat Shark Repellant is more recurring than you'd think. Tim Drake used some in last year's Batman & Robin Eternal.

It's no worse than that bulls&@$ Kryptonite chewing gum Batman used to take a Joker-Venomed Superman down at the beginning of Endgame.
:lmao:
Sounds like an All Star Batman & Robin version of Batman tactic.

hahahaha "bat Shark repellent!" hahahaha but yeah
it's a reminder of how actually ridiculous some aspects of Batman are while his fans insist upon his "realism" in comparison to the rest of the DC stable.
totally agree with Kryp those bats guys are always clamoring about how Batman is more " real"( for real!!) than Superman or the others. when that dude has a contingency plan for everything thrown his way! again i am sorry but a ordinary man even if he has determination and time to plan would still be F%^&*ING MUD next to Gods and monsters!!
Bat Shark repellent!!what? they have great white in the sewers of Gotham?!?get outta here with that!
4095152-tanya.jpg

Power Girl

Gender swapped Luke Cage or a black Kryptonian?
:hehe:

what the,,,, when did luke cage get a girl make over for DC!!!
thats FREAKING WICKED COOL!!!
damn i gotta look into that!! a jive talking Kryptonian!!!! thats GROOVY JOR-EL!! cool!!

I liked everything associated with Zoom.

This new Godspeed character is really close to pissing me off btw.

I like Ashley. She humanizes Zoom and she's an intensely likeable character in her own right.

833977-158515_37546_livewire.jpg

LIVEWIRE

I dislike Livewire for some reason but I do think there is potential there. The team-up I'd like to see is Livewire and Killer Frost vs. Fire and Ice.

Arion's mythology is an untapped epic for modern DC. So much could be done with that stuff. Actually that would make for either an epic film or TV show that doesn't have to be connected directly to the DCEU or the CW verse. I also liked the Busiek run of Superman where he used Arion. 10,000 years ago he was a mage of the first order who was the protector of Atlantis, and in the Busiek run he was a sort of wild card power unto himself with his own view on humanity and it's destiny in light of all the super powered forces in the world.

1712074-enyo01.jpg

ENYO
That's a she. And that under her nose is a shadow, not a mustache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"