David Finch
MarvelDCfemmebyDavidFinch.jpg

Clay Mann
WonderWomanbyClayMann.jpg

Justiniano
WonderWomanbyJustiniano.jpg

Rhiannon Owens
WonderWomanbyRhiannonOwens.jpg

What was this from? I could have sworn I saw this in some magazine asking artists to redesign Superman, like Lee, Liefield, McFarlane, etc.

It was an article in Wizard.

Supergirl by Steve Rude

Manhunter was one of the absolute coolest DC-storys you could read in the mid 70:ies. Story by Archie Goodwin and completely amazing artwork by Walt Simonson.

They reinvented an old golden age character called Paul Kirk, and damn what a result.. I read it as a little kid in the Swedish DC comic magazine "Gigant" (I'd guess kinda like the original American "Giant" issues I've noticed, or perhaps the extra big Detective Comics issues).

When recently learned that a "Manhunter Special Edition" including all the issues existed printed in '99, I of course ordered it quicker than a Flash lap around the world.

Back then you'd never seen anything like this when it came to visual storytelling in comics. Even without the nostalgia glasses, I think it's still holds up almost 40 years later.

manhunter05001.jpg

manhunter05008.jpg

manhunter12.jpg

214795410818921f6556o.jpg

214795432082965c61b7o.jpg

simonson3.jpg

As a kid, you quickly became an expert of weaponry thanks to detailed info like below..

scnnn0017.jpg

The story didn't get worse when Batman himself paid a visit as a guest star towards the later half.

Batman was of course the usual amazing great detective in this plot, in which he and Manhunter had to experience lots of ninja fightings, blind zen archers, zillions of Manhunter clones (an important part of the story), espionage, a beautiful and tough female redhead heroine, a sinister power called The Council and what not..

manhunter07008.jpg

"Bat-artist" Jim Aparo did the cover for the final issue. I remember it as yesterday, although of course the other content in my Swedish "Gigant" issue was different.

book27.jpg

Well, I guess it's safe to say that I highly recommend the Manhunter arc to everyone. :yay:

Speaking of Batman and the 70:ies, time for some Neal Adams greatness again. Batman vs. a werewolf while saving a damsel in distress, can't get much better than that.

adams4.jpg

adams3.jpg

adams1.jpg

I just love how Bats swings down w/the girl (a shame I don't own a batarang yet, how can you really live without one?) and then gets up on the safe roof, behind two frames with dialogue we'll read in straight order afterwards. Classic Neal Adams.

adams2.jpg

It was an article in Wizard.

Supergirl by Steve Rude
This is an awesome pic. I love when you see a great watercolour artist doing comics. This is also a classic Supergirl suit-design that I prefer before the "skimpier" modern one.

Never understood why she would wear that two piece thing. On the other hand, looking at the olympic female athletes, that (IMO strange) trend has been the same for quite some years now. Go figure.

I grew up with this Supergirl design. Today it might look like hilarious 70:s fashion weirdness, but back then it was pure logic. Puffy armsleeves was the shiznit. :yay:

Last edited:
Marcio Takara

Jose Luis Garcia Lopez

Norm Breyfogle

Michael Dooney

Adi Granov

Jim Lee

Joe Pekar

Mitch Ballard

Conny Valentina

Guillem March

Dustin Nguyen

Carmine Infantino

Booster and Beetle: Shake N Bake! Ricky Bobby and Cal! I love it!

165801_310164995729188_100002070717933_730457_1676392483_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"