Doctor Manhatten
Doctor_Manhattan_Wallpaper.jpg

............I like her mole.

Moving on.

Bowchickawowow
2183493-7before_watchmen_dr_manhattan.jpg

Doctor Manhatten
Doctor_Manhattan_Wallpaper.jpg

Brilliant character, his point of view of life is absolutely fascinating and a great take on the godlike characters of the medium.
I dunno what Moore was smoking at the time but get me some !

Good character, although I resent him a bit because he's the basis for Captain Atom's recent ruination.

Dr Manhattan realises that pants are the devil and wisely refuses to wear them

I approve :up:

Wait... What?

Tell me they're not using that for a cover...

Hahahahahaha

I think that might be the greatest comic book cover ever :awesome:

When I said greatest I meant because its utterly hillarious not sexy

He was okay.dug he was the only cat who really had powers and 2) it was cool to twist that idea of what if someone had the powers to do anything, but could care less about helping humanity!i guess some people would build a fortress on Mars while others would build one in Antarctica... me unlike the myth of brothers dont like the cold. i would build it in Antarctica too! As long as there was a hot tub and snow bunnies!

oh and oopsie i forgot why he will never move pass "okay" with me IS the one *&^%$ thing that his sorry ass did do was to disintegrate Mr. Ink blot test! that pissed me off to no END!! stop a big ass clone monster ... NO! but smear the dude you grew up with in high school and became sociopath heroes together with...thats okay! Maaaannn let me get my hands on some Kryptonite or whatever and i would've used it on his ass!

Last edited:
Dr. Manhattan is one of the most boring characters I've ever read. He complained a lot for someone that can literally do anything he wants. What annoys me is how this guy can go anywhere he wants in the universe, yet when he's sick of us he takes his punk ass to Mars. *****, you should go farther than that! I'd travel to different solar systems in the galaxy, or even to different galaxies entirely. He should have tested the limits of his powers instead of taking his ass to the nearest planet. On top of that he came back and showed what he created to someone who was an utter ***** that needed to be headbutted in the ovaries.

Needless to say I hate Dr. Manhattan.

Movin' on

In a better world.....
homer_doc_manhattan.jpg

Rorschach

2167502-rorschach2.jpg

Something of an Icon.
He's great in the sense that he'll always do what he see's as right, even if it's somewhat twisted and I think thats why he's such a fan favorite, he's extremely reliable in that uncompromising way. In terms of him as a man he's definitely Psychotic but in that same token he's seen how ****** people can be to each other, who wouldn't go crazy? The only difference is that unlike say Comedian who thinks it's all a sick joke or dr.Manhattan who's apathetic about it, Rorschach gets extremely pissed off at the world and violently tries to correct it in his own way. We all want to do that I think, and that's why it's gratifying seeing this crazy little man do horrible things to even worse people.
Ok I'm rambling a little but yeah, he's a great character who says a lot about the very nature of crime fighters. :up:

He served his purpose in Watchmen well, but he's kind of depressing in that this is symbolically the logical endpoint to Batman in Moore's mind: an unhinged lunatic. I like to believe that a guy can devote himself to ridding his city of crime and still remain somewhat sane.

He's a complete bigot and also a psychopath with no personal hygeine. I utterly despised Rorschach both in the book and in the film and spent most of it hoping he would die

So i was very pleased when Dr Manhattan killed him. He definitely deserved it

Eh, Rorshach never seemed all that bigoted. Misanthropic, yes, but not particularly bigoted.

I flip flop on him. I think he's an excellent character and an amazing example of why characters like him just don't work in reality, but the misguided fanbase he's accumulated sours him to me.

Misanthrope is a good fit.

He's not so much a bigot as he simply hates everybody.

He's hardlined, makes labels to understand the world around him and sets clear solid unbreakable rules in order to make his way through life.

That was the biggest problem I had with the movie, by having him outright cleave the guy in the head Snyder completely changed the character and broke the "Never compromise. Even in the face of Armageddon" aspect of his psyche... And I bet Snyder wasn't even smart enough to realise he was doing it...

That was the biggest problem I had with the movie, by having him outright cleave the guy in the head Snyder completely changed the character and broke the "Never compromise. Even in the face of Armageddon" aspect of his psyche... And I bet Snyder wasn't even smart enough to realise he was doing it...
Could you explain?

I always loved that Moore made Rorschach an admirer of Truman.

Eh, Rorshach never seemed all that bigoted. Misanthropic, yes, but not particularly bigoted.

He described Silhouette being a lesbian as an 'indecent lifestyle'

That's all the reason I need to utterly despise him

I flip flop on him. I think he's an excellent character and an amazing example of why characters like him just don't work in reality, but the misguided fanbase he's accumulated sours him to me.

Moore does a good job of making him thoroughly repulsive and obviously psychotic.

So it's seriously unsettling how some people actually think he's a hero :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"