State your unpopular Batman related opinion

Unpopular opinions (my real opinions, not trolling):

I've Got Batman in My Basement is wonderful.
I agree.

Jared Leto was better than Ledger Joker.
Not to sound disrespectful, but HA HA HA HAAAH.

I prefer the Schumacher films over the Burton films.
I half agree.

I go alternate! I rate them

1. Batman Returns

2. Batman Forever
3. Batman

4. Batman & Robin
To me:

1. BATMAN
2. Schumacher films (Forever is actually worse than its successor, but I enjoy both movies a lot)

3. Batman Returns

George Clooney is the fourth best Batman and Bruce Wayne in live action, and he's underrated in the role.

Filmmakers should have guts and show us a 12 yrs old Robin.

Not in a cartoony film, but in a more realistic one. It's quite a challenge bu c'mon, try and make it work!!!

Filmmakers should have guts and show us a 12 yrs old Robin.

Not in a cartoony film, but in a more realistic one. It's quite a challenge bu c'mon, try and make it work!!!
The thing is, if you can buy into the notion of Batgirl or Batwoman, you can easily buy into a 12 year old Robin.

the no kill rule is not as inherent to the character as most fans think it is.

i say this because the first couple of appearances in comics, batman is committing manslaughter left and right.

that being said, the batman with the no kill rule is my favorite version though - it's something that provides a good sense of conflict for the character. and forces writers to get creative.

Not to mention that the Christopher Nolan version also kills, despite him always being bizarrely touted as the gold standard in the no-killing department. Of all the mainstream live-action iterations, Adam West and George Clooney are the only guys who uphold that standard.

Did he? Haven't seen it in years.

But in that case, George Clooney is the only one who upholds the standard, thus further robbing that tired old criticism of any credibility.

in the batman 66 movie, adam west also punched a henchman who was catapulted out into the sea and was blown up because bombs were planted. lol

Yeah, that wasn't in that vid, but yes, that's another example.

I think there's also some in the show.

the no kill rule is not as inherent to the character as most fans think it is.

i say this because the first couple of appearances in comics, batman is committing manslaughter left and right.

That doesn't make it less inherent to the character. There's a lot of things in the first appearances of many characters that are not associated with the inherent characteristics associated with those said characters. For example when Catwoman first appeared she did not even have a costume. She was just a beautiful con woman working with some wealthy socialite's nephew to get their hands on her jewels. She wasn't even called Catwoman. Just The Cat.

Alfred was an amateur detective, not the posh refined Wayne family butler;

32bd5a4bd2dc93a01b79d6f49bed19a3.jpg

Heck if you want to use the first appearances of Batman as an example, there was no Gotham City, no Batcave, no Wayne Manor, no Batmobile and many other things we all consider inherent with the character that were absent in those early years of the comics. Just because something wasn't there in the early days doesn't negate its importance to a character.

That doesn't make it less inherent to the character. There's a lot of things in the first appearances of many characters that are not associated with the inherent characteristics associated with those said characters. For example when Catwoman first appeared she did not even have a costume. She was just a beautiful con woman working with some wealthy socialite's nephew to get their hands on her jewels. She wasn't even called Catwoman. Just The Cat.

Alfred was an amateur detective, not the posh refined Wayne family butler;

32bd5a4bd2dc93a01b79d6f49bed19a3.jpg

Heck if you want to use the first appearances of Batman as an example, there was no Gotham City, no Batcave, no Wayne Manor, no Batmobile and many other things we all consider inherent with the character that were absent in those early years of the comics. Just because something wasn't there in the early days doesn't negate its importance to a character.

true, but i'm just saying whenever i see a movie or story that shows batman killing, it's probably not my favorite version of the character, but i'm not all up in arms about it as a lot of fans would be.

true, but i'm just saying whenever i see a movie or story that shows batman killing, it's probably not my favorite version of the character, but i'm not all up in arms about it as a lot of fans would be.

Fair enough.

Harley Quinn is obnoxious to me and I'm sick of seeing her everywhere.

I just want to see Batman, Alfred and the four Robins be the weird batfamily they are that I love.

Tbh everybody else is irrelevant to me and just filler. Yes, even Batgirl (who is cooler as Oracle anyway). Catwoman is a honorary member of the family to me.

-I don't and have never liked the character of Leslie Thompkins. I find her naive pacifism and constant lecturing both really annoying and I don't care for how self-righteous she comes off as.

-I don't care for Damian Wayne

-Ledger's Joker did not need to be in the sequel to The Dark Knight.

-Michael Keaton is overrated as Batman. He was a flat-out mediocre Bruce Wayne

-Batman TAS actually has quite a few shortcomings in terms of portraying certain characters (Catwoman, Bane, Hugo Strange)

-Black Mask is extremely overrated and there is literally nothing he can do that the Penguin can't do just as well if not better. I especially don't like his skull-faced, torture fetish shtick the modern comics use and I much prefer his original depiction.

-Calendar Man and Maxie Zeus are both great additions to Batman's Rogues Gallery and should not be considered as jokes

-Mask of the Phantasm while great, is not the flawless Batman experience it's often made out to be.

-The Telltale games are better than the Arkham Games.

-The Burton movies are overrated, especially 89.

-Grant Morrison's Batman Run is not all it's cracked up to be.

-Harley Quinn has become overexposed to the point where it's kind of hard to enjoy her

-The Joker really needs to take a break from live-action media for awhile

-The Riddler should not be portrayed as a Saw/Seven-type serial killer.

-The Penguin is a lot better as a criminal genius with a flair for the dramatic than as a mobster/club owner

-Killer Croc does not need to be a cannibal.

-The Dark Knight Trilogy's version of Lucius Fox is the definitive version of that character.

As much as I’m excited to see Birds of Prey because it looks so stylistically unique and well shot, I am so friggin sick of harley quinn and Margot Robbie’s overly hammed up annoying voice for it and her jokey stupid moments. Go away!!

Conroy is overrated
TDK Rises is underrated
Bale’s Bat Growl is underrated (nit picked like crazy)
Conroy is overrated in the sense that he is considered the definitive Batman. My definition of the definitive Batman is strictly limited to live action portrayals. Bale is the closest representation of the that. For the given material Conroy was given by the Crisis crossover, I think he leaned a lot with his BTAS voice which frankly felt awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"