State your unpopular book or music related opinion

Astro Lounge by Smash Mouth is, unironically, one of my favorite albums.

Yeah it's cheesy as can be, but has a nostalgic pull for me. The songs still hold up today imo, (though 'I Can't Get Enough of You Baby' is a bit annoying)

Monster is R.E.M.'s best album, better than Out of Time or Automatic for the People.

My most unpopular music opinion is definitely that I'm just not really a fan of The Beatles. You should see how many people get offended when I say that.. only for them to get even more pissed at me when my next sentence is about how big of an Elvis Presley fan I am. Haha.

Add me to your Beatles list, THE most overrated band that EVER existed.

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's songs in A Star Is Born sound just terrible.

Girls Like You by Maroon 5 sounds like screaming ducks

(books) A Wrinkle in Time. Find it overrated.

I like Nickleback.

The Tragically Hip is NOT the best Canadian band.

Great music is still being created & performed (it is just hard to find).

My "Great Canadian Music Playlist" probably has at least one song you'll love and one song you'll hate.

Disagree on Nickelback, agree on The Hip, and as a fellow Canadian I have to say that's a great playlist, though obviously I don't agree on all of it.

As a blues fan, Stevie Ray Vaughan doesn't do a lot for me. Yes, he was very gifted, but his music just bores me and doesn't me feel anything.

I like Crime and Punishment by by the Russian author Fyodor Dostoevsky. It was first published in the literary journal The Russian Messenger in twelve monthly installments during 1866. I even wrote a blog post about it.

Regarding Nickelback I do think the whole hate train for them is way blown out of proportion but to say I enjoy their music would be an exaggeration as well. To me the best word to describe them is "generic". They have a few OK hit songs (I say that because a few of their songs are memorable) but they're mostly just kinda meh. I think talks of them being the worst rock band and whatever is over exaggerated because there's a lot of worse bands out there. Still, I can't say I like them.. they're just kinda bland.

Nirvana are incredibly overrated.
I can get behind that. In the last few years I've gotten into Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and I even appreciate classic Pearl Jam but Nirvana just doesn't do it for me.

Justin Bieber will forever be overrated to me and that's that.

Billie Eilish sounds really bad. Mostly because I can't understand her when she mumbles or whispers.

I don't get why singers and rappers mumble so much now. Why would you NOT want your listeners to understand you?

The Weeknd's acting was the least offensive thing about The Idol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"