Unpopular Comic Book Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transmetropolitan. It takes an hour just to read the title, but it's worth it.

I think Preacher is kind of overrated. I really like it, don't get me wrong, but the pacing in the first arc is shot to hell, there are story arcs that just drag and don't interest me in the slightest (Odin what'shisface comes to mind), and it's not even Ennis' best work. I prefer his run on Hellblazer, to be honest. There's plenty to love about it, but I wouldn't call it great.

I read the first trade of Transmetropolitan but went no further than that. I just didn't interest me.

To be honest, at times, when comparing East and Western comics, I'm a bit disappointed by the choreography in western comic book fights. I mean they look good and do their job, but I'd like to see a bit more oomph here and there, some outside the box thinking in terms of power utilization, different povs and etc.

Read old Chris Claremont comics.

I want to break Bryan Hitch's fingers to make sure he never picks up a pencil again.

he over shades everything, i have NO idea where he learned anatomy, and his faces always look like the person is allergic to bees and just got stung repeatedly.

The only thing I have with Hitch's art is the FF run he did with Mark Millar. WONDERFUL BOOK! Vol. 1 anyway. The last part was kind of bad!

Here's one hell of an unpopular opinion: the best Flash stories were in the silver age. Chew on that for a while, Wally West fans!

I wouldn't go so far as to say they were the best (no one beats Wally in my opinion), but I liked them. Simple, straightforward superhero stories. Also the art by Carmine Infantino was boss.

Kelly Jones is the worst artist ever. Is this an unpopular opinion? He had such a long run on batman, there must be quite a few people who like him.

I like his art, but even i get alot of laughters sometimes when he does human anatomy.

Venom as a big burly man doesn't work as mirror image of Spider-Man. He should be lithe and acrobatical, not unlike the SM3 version. So horrid.

Two of my unpopular comic book opinions seem to be:
I don’t like collected trades. I Only go after the original comics. Whether it’s something really good that I would want the originals in my collection for value or even if it’s only to read, I would still rather track down lower grade copies of the originals. Usually not as cheap or convenient of a way to go but hey, to me that’s part of the hobby.
I don’t slab my comics. It makes them both impossible to read & impossible to fit in the box next to the other issues in that collection. If I ever ponder getting half a dozen books slabbed this thought quickly exits my mind with me thinking, “I’d rather spend the $200 on another really nice comic for my collection”.
Both of these things definitely have a nitch in the hobby, I’m just personally not a fan of either.

Putting them into an unopenable plastic sheath. Some collectors do that to keep the condition from deteriorating through reading and handling.

Go the Fett route and just seal them in carbonite...

Kelly Jones is the worst artist ever. Is this an unpopular opinion? He had such a long run on batman, there must be quite a few people who like him.

Not really, a lot of people have criticised his art. Mostly his Knightfall covers, my God they were insipid.

I hate Deadpool. I think Deadpool is quite frankly overrated and just comes off as a cross between Spiderman, Wolverine and the Punisher.

If you love Deadpool, you are popular. I'm not!

Granted, you also seem to be a fan of the Green Hornet, so popularity eludes you again.

Yes. I'm a fan of the Green Hornet (the Poor Man's Batman), a dark brooding detective character, unbeknownst to SETH ROGEN. The Green Hornet is getting his own version of a Schumacher Batman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member