Unpopular Comic Book Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't got around to watching the pilot for that, yet. I always thought it looked kind of decent.

Anyway, I know this probably isn't unpopular in least, but damn, am I tired of these teasers the companies have pumped out since the Avenger relaunches.

Yeah, Smallville sucks.

What little I saw of the Cape was okay. Keith David IS the show however. He dies, that's it.

Okay, I had to read over your post like 10,000 times, because I kept getting confused whether you wrote David Keith or Keith David.

It's not that I get the two mixed up, but I always mix up which name I'm looking at.

Yeah, easy mistake. I usually have to google it to find out which is which. Have they ever done a movie together? Cuz that like, needs to happen.

The mix-up that just embarrasses me is Avery Brooks and James Avery. I can never remember which one is Uncle Phil and which is Captain Sisko.

I can cuz I'm not a Treky, so I never really seen Avery Brooks in anything that would warrent me to remember his name at all. :o

-After thinking about it a lot, I'm pretty sure I think the warrior characterization of Wonder Woman would probably be better left to the wayside. Not just the outright warrior *****, but the whole thing just put away. I think it's kind of become like the grimdark Batman in, not a bad idea in and of itself, but has probably lead to more bad things than it ultimately did good, and kind of came from misinterpretation for the most part, anyway.
-We need more Knight & Squire. Need it. May not be unpopular around here, but the sales and alarming large drop rate between the first and second issue say it's unpopular in the wider sense.

Ever since MvC3's reveal of Taskmaster (and listening to his theme over and over) I'm on a Taskmaster high right now. I really loved the recent mini, but
the fact that he completely loses his memory and is always in the dark till he gets employed bothers me a bit. I just can't let it go. The explanation for how he comes off as knowing people for years is clever, but it means all those good moments Tony(Tasky) had with Pool and the others is forgotten. I know for such an awesome ability there has to be draw backs. But I'd rather them have it that it's more of a gradual forgetfulness. I thought that's what they were going to do; he'd be able to remember his name, but couldn't remember his mom's maiden name etc. Stuff we take for granted, but it adds up. I was at least hoping that after he broke through and really remembered his origin and his wife that things would change slightly; the memory overwrite would still happen, but at a slower pace or some other trade off.
I dunno, maybe I'm just blabbing on. I just wanted to know what others think, unfortunately there's not many places to discuss ol' Tasky so I thought I'd discuss this here. I was hoping that the title would be more than a mini. I do hope he pops up somewhere again soon.

Lucifer is superior to The Sandman. In pretty much every way.

Brian Bendis is a terrible writer.

Deadpool MAX is an amazing comic book that is much more than shock tactics.

Uncanny X-Force is the best X-Men book this century (so far) by quite a margin.

Invincible Iron Man is a decompressed mess and apart from Immortal Iron Fist Matt Fraction has never impressed me.

Although I have enjoyed a lot of his work on Batman, Grant Morrison is a bit self indulgent with his writing.

Secret Six is the best DC book out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"