Steel vs. BvS

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Deck Rickard, Sep 23, 2020.

?

WHICH ONE?

1. Steel: The Other Man of Steel

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice: The Ultimate Snyder Cut Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. MilkmanDan Registered

Steel wins if for no other reason than the scene where Shaquille O'Neil picks up a disabled woman and carries her out of the hospital against her will and everyone cheers him. (I get that the scene is about how he refuses to let her wallow in self-pity, but it's objectively a scene where Shaq kidnaps a woman from a hospital.) That kind of stupidity is more charming in a cheap, bad movie. Watching Steel is entertaining and I always get a bit of a laugh. I can't really say the same about BvS.

Deck Rickard and Kahran Ramsus like this.
  2. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I know this is a jokey comparison because SHH likes to hate on BvS, but Steel is a perfect example of why CBMs took so long to take flight as a sustainable genre. John Henry Irons is a cool, complex character, but the minute this film became divorced from the Superman mythos, it was dead in the water. It's one of many times that Hollywood thought that it could just slap a name on a movie and comic fans would eat it up.

That being said, Steel was better than Lego Batman. So there's that. :twisted: