The Incredible Hulk (2008) vs Man of Steel (2013)

It’s not a bad movie. I actually rewatched part of it yesterday and William Hurt and Liv Tyler are pretty good in it. The film needed a better Bruce Banner than Edward Norton though.

And the cinematography in TIH is actually quite nice for the most part. MOS overdoes the handheld and desaturated look when something closer to TIH would’ve been better.

I don't mind TIH, I just don't like Norton as the main lead hence why it's not a movie I revisit.

I just watched Man of Steel yesterday because of this thread and I came away disliking it even more. It's so emotionally cold, the dialogue is straight up terrible in parts or contradicts itself, Superman has no arc, half the dialogue is just speeches about how Clark is destined for greatness or destruction. There's barely any scenes in this movie where people talk like normal people.

Even the positives like the action or Zimmer's score eventually turns into a negative because it gets so repetitive after a while. The only things I actually like is the bit where Superman destroys the world engine (classic superman moment), and the scene where he first flies. The stuff on Krypton is kind of fun too barring some clunky dialogue.

It's just I see people on twitter saying it's one of the best superhero movies, and I just don't get it lol.

The Incredible Hulk. Easily.

Man Of Steel is a terrible Superman film and Cavill is a block of wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"