Street Fighter

Fallen Angel

Earth Bound
Reaction score
HOT DAMN!

‘Street Fighter’ Video Game Franchise Gets TV Series Adaptation By eOne http://deadline.com/2018/03/street-fighter-video-game-franchise-adapted-tv-series-entertainment-one-mark-gordon-1202352026/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter …

Entertainment One/Mark Gordon has closed a deal to develop, produce and finance a TV series adaptation of the popular Street Fighter global video game franchise, with Joey Ansah, Jacqueline Quella and Mark Wooding, the team behind the live-action web series Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist, set to executive produce. eOne will handle international sales on the project.

Street Fighter the series will draw on the game’s World Warrior story-arc — introduced in the 1991 Street Fighter II: The World Warrior sequel to the original game — as the jumping off point, centering on four protagonists: Ryu, Ken, Guile and Chun-Li. Together, they fight to take down M. Bison, the evil mastermind who runs Shadaloo, a global criminal organization. Though on different journeys, our heroes’ paths will cross as they are drawn into the World Warrior Tournament, a competition devised by M. Bison to find the most powerful and capable fighter in the world. On the journey they come to share, they must draw on their strength, skills, intelligence and loyalty in a battle to survive and emerge as the World Warrior.

IMO, they should have adapted 1, Alpha and Final Fight first. Too hard to explain the backstory of Sagat without 1, you really need Charlie Nash to explain Guile's motivations which means adapting Alpha and you need Final Fight to explain who Guy, Cody, Maki, Poison, Rolento, Sodom, Abigail and Hugo are since all of those characters have a past. That and why exactly New Jersey is important to Street Fighter. I mean, you can show the story of Final Fight in flashbacks but why bother when you'd need to do a crazy number of flashbacks to New Jersey across multiple seasons?

Anyway, my ideal casting is

Chun Li - Celina Jade

Jimmy Blanka - Domhnall Gleeson

Col. William F. Guile - Philip Winchester

Ken Masters - Liam McIntyre

Sagat - Tony Jaa

Fei Long - Lewis Tan

Balrog - Michael Jai White

Cammy White - Felice Herrig

Zangeif - The Big Show

Vega - Wilmer Valderrama

Dhalsim - Shah Rukh Khan

Akuma - Hiroyuki Sanada

M. Bison - Freddie Prinz Jr. (Not typecast this way but IMO, it can work. His voice roles have been more varied as of late.)

I'm sadly drawing blanks on Ryu. Part of me like Johnny Tri Nguyen but part of me feels like he's way too old at 44 and Ryu is a young man. Same issue with Cung Le. He needs to be substantially younger than Akuma. I also can't think of anyone good for Ed Honda, Dee Jay or Thunder Hawk. And I doubt that the latter will even get a substantive role as he's the least popular member of the entire Street Fighter II cast.

For flashbacks, I really hope that Sakura Kasugano is played by an unknown since I want an actual teenager in the role. Can't think of anyone good for Charlie Nash either. If we see some of Blanka's backstory even though he isn't a lead, I hope we get to see Oro, Sean and Laura.

And Blanka must wear the Blankachan costume at some point.

Anyway, my ideal casting is

Chun Li - Celina Jade

Jimmy Blanka - Domhnall Gleeson

Col. William F. Guile - Philip Winchester

Ken Masters - Liam McIntyre

Sagat - Tony Jaa

Fei Long - Lewis Tan

Balrog - Michael Jai White

Cammy White - Felice Herrig

Zangeif - The Big Show

Vega - Wilmer Valderrama

Dhalsim - Shah Rukh Khan

Akuma - Hiroyuki Sanada

M. Bison - Freddie Prinz Jr. (Not typecast this way but IMO, it can work. His voice roles have been more varied as of late.)

I'm sadly drawing blanks on Ryu. Part of me like Johnny Tri Nguyen but part of me feels like he's way too old at 44 and Ryu is a young man. Same issue with Cung Le. He needs to be substantially younger than Akuma. I also can't think of anyone good for Ed Honda, Dee Jay or Thunder Hawk. And I doubt that the latter will even get a substantive role as he's the least popular member of the entire Street Fighter II cast.

For flashbacks, I really hope that Sakura Kasugano is played by an unknown since I want an actual teenager in the role. Can't think of anyone good for Charlie Nash either. If we see some of Blanka's backstory even though he isn't a lead, I hope we get to see Oro, Sean and Laura.

The creative team for World Warrior is the same as Assassin's Fist and Resurrection, so Ken, Ryu, and possibly Bison will be played by the same actors. Still, some great choices in the list!

IMO, they should have adapted 1, Alpha and Final Fight first.

Including Final Fight would be perfect.

This should start with Alpha but I'm fine with SFII.

Each season could be a game imo.

The creative team for World Warrior is the same as Assassin's Fist and Resurrection, so Ken, Ryu, and possibly Bison will be played by the same actors. Still, some great choices in the list!

Can anyone shoop Wilmer Valderrama with bleached hair? I want to see how he'd actually look as Vega. He has the chiseled facial features for the role and the right accent (unless you're a Spanish speaker, then you know that he's speaking perfectly accented Spanish with a Mexican accent but English speakers won't care) as well as the right physique. Bonus points if you can find a shirtless pic and add the snake tat.

Just a shame Akuma won't be in it unless this show is good enough for season 2.

Just a shame Akuma won't be in it unless this show is good enough for season 2.

I'm sure he'll be in the season in some form, along with other characters for the tournament. Just the focus will be on Ryu, Ken, Guile and Chun-Li!

Wonder how many episodes WW will be?

Genuinely surprised at how much excitement there is for this. :shrug: I had no idea. Anyway, I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations :up:

Yeah probably hinted at in some way but an actual appearance maybe not.

As for how many episodes well eOne are trying to make more prestige series over the last few years so my guess would be something like 8-10 one hour episodes. Streaming services most likely though.

Genuinely surprised at how much excitement there is for this. :shrug: I had no idea. Anyway, I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations :up:

The way I look at it, even if I don't care about a particular game adaptation, it getting made and especially being successful is a good sign for the video games I do care about.

In this case, Street Fighter doesn't mean much to me, and I don't see it as that well suited to a TV series, but we'll see. I do like Cammy and Vega.

The way I look at it, even if I don't care about a particular game adaptation, it getting made and especially being successful is a good sign for the video games I do care about.

I guess that makes sense :yay:

giphy.gif

Seriously though knowing Joey Ansah is control of this and it’s gonna be with more resources and likely a better production schedule than both Resurrection and Assassin’s Fist has me hopeful.

For me personally Street Fighter & Fighting Games is more important than comic books.

I hope they consider anthology stories that don't cross over.
Characters like Dhalsim and Blanka could have there own stand alone episodes.

However Guile, Cammy, Chunli etc have cross over potential due to there roles as law enforcers. I just don't want awkward and forced stories that involve Zangief on a road trip with DeeJay.

X-Men vs Street Fighter crossover episode would be cool

In this case, Street Fighter doesn't mean much to me, and I don't see it as that well suited to a TV series, but we'll see. I do like Cammy and Vega.

Similar sentiments. It took a web series for me to realize there isn't really much of a story there to mine. Hopefully more characters provide more content.

Of course there will be long stretches of episodes dealing with slow paced dialaogue and drama with each character and only maybe one or two actual street fights a season. :o

Of course there will be long stretches of episodes dealing with slow paced dialogue and drama with each character and only maybe one or two actual street fights a season. :o

Or worse, drawn out training sessions.

TV series, wow! Please be good (watchable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"