• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Suggestion/Question Regarding the Crimes of Batman's Villains

myway

Civilian
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Points
11
Hi everyone. I was just thinking that it would be nice to see Batman take on some criminals whose crimes are a little more taboo. There are so many silent epidemics in this world and I think that it would be cool to see Batman take on a villain who dabbles in something along the lines of child abuse, sexual crimes, etc.. Does anyone know of any instances (from graphic novels perhaps) where Batman has encountered any of these crimes? Better yet, have any of the members of Batman's Rogues Gallery ever been known to commit such crimes?
 
I haven't read it myself, but I believe that in the graphic novel "Arkham Asylum", Mad Hatter is portrayed as a child molestor.
 
Katsuro said:
I haven't read it myself, but I believe that in the graphic novel "Arkham Asylum", Mad Hatter is portrayed as a child molestor.
yup.
 
Hatter is way cooler as a brainwasher/mind controller if you ask me
 
I think Mad Hatter would be very interesting as a child molestor - and its the direction I want to see that character go. Its about the only villian I would want to see on Law and Order SVU.
 
It'd be a waste of good mind control material. Unless they did both.
 
Ronny Shade said:
It'd be a waste of good mind control material. Unless they did both.

The two really don't cancel each other out.
 
Keyser Sushi said:
The two really don't cancel each other out.

Exactly; it can be an added dimension to the character
 
In TAS he was obsessed with a gal named Alice who didn't return his feelings, but for whom he had a screaming woodie. Make Alice under 18, and there you go.
 
StorminNorman said:
I think Mad Hatter would be very interesting as a child molestor - and its the direction I want to see that character go. Its about the only villian I would want to see on Law and Order SVU.

Lol, that would be the greatest idea for a crossover ever. A Batman villain on an episode of Law and Order.

On a related note, a friend told me he once saw a t-shirt for sale online which had the cast of Law and Order (not sure which one) walking alongside Batman. We've been unable to locate that shirt since, but oh how I wish i could find it.
 
Katsuro said:
Lol, that would be the greatest idea for a crossover ever. A Batman villain on an episode of Law and Order.

On a related note, a friend told me he once saw a t-shirt for sale online which had the cast of Law and Order (not sure which one) walking alongside Batman. We've been unable to locate that shirt since, but oh how I wish i could find it.

Damn. The Holy Grail!!! :eek:
 
I was told there will be a special episode of SVU airing on Scifi channel.

Whats up with that? will there be aliens?
 
Mad Hatter should be a deranged child molester stuck in a timeless fantasy, like Alice in Wonderland. I think corrolates to real life [see Michael Jackson, who says he is Peter Pan.]

I could see him in an all black trench with a long, tophat. He has light blonde hair that stucks out of it, and is very handsome. He could also carry around a copy of Alice in Wonderland, which he reads to his victims after the "act."
 
Ronny Shade said:
black trenchcoats are sooo 1999

LOL. Yeah. Besides, Ashes, you just described a pedo Jack the Ripper. :(

Digital ashes to ashes, digital dust to dust.
 
while I think the idea of mad hatter as a child mollester would bring a very strong element of realism to a bat-film (much more than the current idea of realism, which seems to be "make everything boring") there's just no way it will happen.

the current franchise is as much for kids as the previous one (Batman returns was a lot more risqué than Begins in that respect). Unfortunately for many fans, BB2 will be pg13 just like begins, so no child abuse or crowbar murders this time round
 
I highly doubt that Mad Hatter's portray in AA, as a child molester won't adapt to film because of kids getting freighted anway most of you said that.
 
Oh, no. God forbid the little children to be scared. Poor children. No way.
 
myway said:
Hi everyone. I was just thinking that it would be nice to see Batman take on some criminals whose crimes are a little more taboo. There are so many silent epidemics in this world and I think that it would be cool to see Batman take on a villain who dabbles in something along the lines of child abuse, sexual crimes, etc.. Does anyone know of any instances (from graphic novels perhaps) where Batman has encountered any of these crimes? Better yet, have any of the members of Batman's Rogues Gallery ever been known to commit such crimes?

i think this is a great idea, but as someone mentioned, it may be a little too "edgy" for the film franchise - but a great idea nonetheless. one instance where batman took on such crimes/criminals was actually in a novel by the name of "the ultimate evil" by andrew vachss. although the book wasn't that great (though it wasn't all that bad either), it did have some really fantastic elements to it. it may be exactly what you're looking for. an interesting (and out of the ordinary) take on the character and his "universe"...
 
i thought of another batman work, which again, sounds right up your alley. it is a graphic novel by the name of "night cries". it deals with child abuse and a serial killer that is offing the abusers. fantastic art also...
 
El Payaso said:
Oh, no. God forbid the little children to be scared. Poor children. No way.

eh, yeah, exactly. :confused:

unless you think kids should be exposed to child abuse onsceen, in a freaking superhero movie of all things
 
I don't think kids should be necessarily exposed to a superhero movie. Specially if that is an obstacle to tackle interesting stories.

We're plenty of kiddie movies for them.
 
yeah but superhero movies are big-bucks, do you honestly think a studio would ever make an R-rated batman movie? simultaniously denying themselves of millions of dollars worth of merchandising revenue, not to mention box-office sales. there's just no way
 
mike blub said:
i thought of another batman work, which again, sounds right up your alley. it is a graphic novel by the name of "night cries". it deals with child abuse and a serial killer that is offing the abusers. fantastic art also...
Agreed. :up:
Scott Hampton did some great paintings in this book, awesome artwork.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,630
Messages
21,776,691
Members
45,615
Latest member
TheCat
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"