The "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel RPG” - Season V

I watched as the X-men rejoiced at having saved one of their one. Now would be the time to consolidate our force and bring it down upon the one who had caused their pain.

"My cosmic senses should be able to lo-" I began to say as the X-man known as Cyclops unleashed his power on the wall. It seemed that he did not want to look in the traditional sense. The gathering followed him, and saw the villian, hiding in cowardice. Without his machines and control, he was nothing but a coward.

"Cyclops, perhaps we should not kill this man. He has done many great wrongs, but we must not kill him. Punish him, yes. But not kill him." I said as I saw Cyclops' eyes start to glow...

"I say we put him on ice!" Cable snarled, shouldering his way to the front, a very large weapon in his hands. "I'm tired of Mauraders and freaks always messing with my family! If it's not Apockalips, it's Sinister or his goons. It ends now..."

Cable's own eye glowed brigt yellow, his real arm flexing and swellin then relaxing as he placed the rifle's butt into the pocket of his shoulder. His breathing was always slow and steady, you shot better that way; the only give away to his mood was the red face and popped vein along his neck. He had no trouble achieving that strong, high pistol grip and it was natural to relax into the weapon, his firing arm rotating down to his side, making it nice and tight.

Well I never thought I'd get bored of shooting a guy in the face... but Mr. Immortal has actually met my wits end. There's only so many times brains and spatter on you and you giggle with delight. I turn to Luke. "Uhm... maybe we should give him a rest now, especially since I'm all out of ammo... and I had a lot of magazines." While Luke drags him off, I go into the kitchen. I'm a little peckish and Jarvis is sleeping, so its up to me to, good forbid, produce some sort of food substance.

I'm thinking Corn Flakes... that shouldn't be too hard. I start to set it up, Luke walks in and drops his jaw. I turn to him. "What?"

"Wade... unless there's some sort of French delacacy to do it that way, you've misunderstood how to make a simple breakfast. You do not need to roast the corn flakes on a stove while mixing the milk with alcohol that is dangersously close to the fire."

"I know that..."

Well I never thought I'd get bored of shooting a guy in the face... but Mr. Immortal has actually met my wits end. There's only so many times brains and spatter on you and you giggle with delight. I turn to Luke. "Uhm... maybe we should give him a rest now, especially since I'm all out of ammo... and I had a lot of magazines." While Luke drags him off, I go into the kitchen. I'm a little peckish and Jarvis is sleeping, so its up to me to, good forbid, produce some sort of food substance.

I'm thinking Corn Flakes... that shouldn't be too hard. I start to set it up, Luke walks in and drops his jaw. I turn to him. "What?"

"Wade... unless there's some sort of French delacacy to do it that way, you've misunderstood how to make a simple breakfast. You do not need to roast the corn flakes on a stove while mixing the milk with alcohol that is dangersously close to the fire."

"I know that..."

"Well why are you still doing that?"

I see the smoke start to billow as the alchol and the fire mix. A fireball shoots up and ingnites the top of the celing.

"Wade, the roof is on fire."

"We don't need no water, let that mother f*&ker burn!"

"No! I mean the roof is actually on fire!"

"Well why are you still doing that?"

I see the smoke start to billow as the alchol and the fire mix. A fireball shoots up and ingnites the top of the celing.

"Wade, the roof is on fire."

"We don't need no water, let that mother f*&ker burn!"

"No! I mean the roof is actually on fire!"

I look up to see the ceiling engulfed. "HOLY SHISHCABOB ON A STICK WITH GREAT BIG ESKIMOS AND--" before I can finish my over-long exclamation of surprise, Luke yanks me by the collor as a small explsion sends the whole kitchen into flames. We dive back down onto the living room floor. There's a moment of silence which I break. "So... should we just close the door and hope it goes away or blame it on Jarivs?"

As Luke buries his face in his hands at the glory of my stupidity, horror strikes me. "Luke... I'm going back in. I haven't got my bowl of corn flakes."

"No! No! Nononononononononono! This is not time for one of your crazy moments, we need to get to a pho--" he suddenly looks around to find I'm missing. "Sonova."

Meanwhile in the heat filled abomination I can only call the kitchen, I was searching desperately for my bowl of corn flakes. Unfortuneatly, by the time I'd realised where the bowl was, I was basically covered in flames. And now for the screaming. One... two... three. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! GET IT OFF GET IT OFF! THE BURNING THE BURNING! PAIN IS ALL I KNOW! I CAN'T STAND IT-- oh hey my corn flakes!" still burning away, I pick up my bowl and have a taste. "Hmm... needs more chocolate sauce."

Luke bursts once more into the room. "Hey Luke, where do we keep the chocolate sau--" before I can finish my ridiculous question, a support beam whacks me over the head.

When I wake up, I find my skin back to normal... or as normal as my skin can get anyway. I'm also wearing some convieniantly placed boxer shorts. A little too convieniantly placed. I look to Luke, who's on the couch, horrified. "Luke, did you put some boxe--"

"I don't want to talk about it Wade."

"Oh okay... well can I ask a question? From a black man's perspective did you think the size of my di--"

"WADE NOT NOW!"

"Not now? You mean there's gonna be a time for it later? I'll have to note that in my planner."

With a final burst of energy, Lazarus flew towards War Machine as he stumbled around looking for his helmet. They both flew across the Oval Office, and went crashing through the large window overlooking the White House lawn.

As they both fell towards the ground, Lazarus regained his bearings. The rocket-thrusters in his boots sparked to life, and he speared right into War Machine, burying him hard into the ground on the lawn, leaving a crater in their wake.

There was an eerie silence for a few moments. But then, Lazarus emerged from the hole. He dragged War Machine from the hole, dumping his body on the grass before him.

Was he dead?

Sadly, Rhodes soon answered to the negative, gurgling blood to show he was still alive. Grunting with anger, Lazarus hauled War Machine up to his feet. It was time to finish the job...

"We got him! We got him!"

Lazarus looked around him. They were surrounded by armed SWAT teams and Secret Service agents. The cavalry was here, it seemed. Lazarus felt a tingling of disappointment that he wouldn't be able to kill Rhodes. Not in front of the authorities. He was supposed to be a superhero after all. Oh well, he'd have to settle for the next best thing. He pulled War Machine close, whispering into his ear.

"You're going down, Rhodes. You're going to spend the rest of your life rotting away in a jail cell, like a common criminal. How's that for a legacy?"

Lazarus demolished War Machine with an almighty right hook, sending him flying backwards, and collapsing onto the ground.

"He's all yours. Now if you excuse me, I need to get The President to a hospital..."

With a salute to the lawmen who'd most likely shoot him on sight if they knew who he really was, Lazarus flew back towards the Abraham Lincoln Bedroom, up to the hole where he'd first entered, to see if The President was alive or dead.

caplogovol1eo7.gif

Cap sped through crowded streets on his motorcycle and was horrified when the white house came into view. Several walls had holes in them and smoke was rising from the west wing.

No god no Steve thought in terror Please dont let me be too late

As he got closer he noticed the crowd of onlookers and reporters who surrounded the white house, and the police and secret service barricades that kept them at bay. Cap didn't have time for the civilians or the barricade. Tony might be in serious trouble.

As he approached the crowd Cap revved down his bike then let it skid to a halt just short of the crowd as he leapt off of it. His leap was flawless and he easily cleared the crowd, the barricade, and the security forces within.

"Hey!" one secret service man shouted as Cap hit the grass and took off running towards the building, but that was the extent of the resistance. He was Captain America afterall and the men were glad he had shown up.

Another leap and Cap cleared the White house gate. A few seconds sprinting and a single bound later and he was in the the building, moving like lightning towards the oval office as the secret service men cleared out of his way.

As he made his way to the oval office, Cap cringed at what he saw. Scorch marks scarred the curtains and carpets which had not been burned away, Super strong fists had left gaping holes or jagged imprints in the walls. Whatever had happened here, it hadnt been pretty.

Cap rushed into the oval office to see Lazarus looking over Tony Stark while medics rushed to the president's aid. Stark was unconcsious and bleeeding. Cap had seen enough wounds to know that he had been stabbed in the stomach and that this wound was a bad one.

Panic rose in Cap and he pushed his way past Lazarus and towards Stark. The medics were hard at work and all Cap could do now was stand and watch. He had been too late.

"Tony...I'm sorry." Cap said weakly before spinning on his heel and grabbing Lazarus by his the collar of his armored suit.

"What happened here?!" Cap demanded

IC:
logoIron.gif

Black Widow came to and crawled over to Tony’s side. Natasha immediately began to apply pressure to the Iron Avengers wound.

Trying to comfort him until help arrived Natasha put her hand to Tony’s cheek. “Hold on Tony, just hold on, I can’t lose you”said Widow as tears began streaming down her face.

“I want you to know, I didn’t mean what I said before…I-I-I care for you too” stuttered Tony barely remaining conscious. Tony wiped the tears away from Natasha eyes “I promise things will be different.”

Sirens were heard throughout the White House and a medical team appeared through the remains of the guest room wall. The team promptly carried Tony onto a stretcher and carted him into the back of the ambulance on the White House lawn.

Lazarus watched as President Stark was hoisted out through the hole in the wall, and down to the stretcher below. Once he was safely in the ambulance, he turned back to face the man who had him by the throat.

Captain America.

As Bullseye, he'd fought the man in the past. He'd always hated the stiff-ass boy scout, even his name made him want to throw up. He'd partly based Lazarus' whole attitude on Captain America - that heroic swagger, that superior, condescending tone. Well, right now the great Captain America was face to face with a man who'd nearly killed him in the past, and he didn't even know it. Now who was superior?

With a hard swipe of his arm, Lazarus knocked Captain America's hands away.

"Don't touch me!"

Even the vocal-splicer in his helmet that disguised his voice couldn't hide the venom in these words as he spat them out. There was a moment of silence, and behind the mask, Bullseye looked hard into Captain America's eyes, searching for any sign of...knowing. Finally, Lazarus answered Captain America's question, speaking in a more measured, composed tone.

"The man you know as War Machine tried to assassinate The President. I saved his life. If I have anything to say to you, it should be...you're welcome."

Clint brushed a few light strands of blond hair out of baby Steve's face. The sleeping infant stirred a bit, wrinkling his nose, but soon settled back down. Across the room, on old fold out cot, Kate rolled a bit in her sleep before finding a comfortable spot.

"This is why I do what I do," he said to himself, gently closing the door behind him as he left the room. He headed down the stairs and back into the living room. Magneto...Eric...was still in the EZBoy, fast asleep, snoring like there was no tomorrow. Clint laughed inwardly. The Master of Magnetism, the fearsome Magneto, snored. Wanda herself was curled up in the corner of the loveseat sleeping. He glanced at the clock. 2:07 a.m.

"Busy day."

Clint plopped down on the couch as Heidi looked over a few more pictures in the photo album.

"I've had busier. But I have to say, this ranks at the top of the 'Shocking' list."

"I suppose that comes with the job."

Clint nodded.

"I know people who would kill to do a tenth of the things I've done. Time travel, space travel, visiting other planets, meeting aliens, fighting aliens, exploring alternate dimensions. I've fought demons, monsters, been sucked into an alternate reality created by a kid. Made and lost some great friends, including two wives."

Clint gazed lovingly at Wanda.

"Two?"

Clint nodded.

"Divorced?"

He shook his head.

"She was killed, doing what she did best. Saving the world. She sacrificed her life for me. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. Some people are lucky to find love once. Me though, I found it again."

"She's a very sweet woman," Heidi said in reference to Wanda.

"Only until you piss her off. She can have a little bit of a temper. So how about you. Pretty girl like you, never married? No one special?"

Heidi was in her early 30's, full figured, very fit. By today's standards, some ignorant fashion designer or talk show host would say she was pudgy, or big-boned, or some other word for fat. And the dumb b@$t@rds would know what they were missing. Women had to be friggin' skeleton's anymore to be considered sexy. Cosmo had done an interview with a physical trainer a few months earlier, on how he would improve on super powered women, and the d*ck had actually said Wanda and Jen could stand to loose a few pounds, while Jan needed some work on her thighs. He and Wade promptly made a trip to L.A. and, last they heard, the full body cast had come off and it didn't hurt him to pee anymore.

Heidi had short brown hair, mesmerizing blue/gray eyes, a round, pretty face, and a smile that could stop anyone dead in their tracks. It was never hard to see why his brother had fallen so hard for her. And she loved him right back. She had been like a sister to him as well, which kinda felt a little weird considering she was dating his brother. But that had been his twisted adolescent mind at work.

"I've had a few boyfriends, but nothing that ever got too serious. I just could never find that one who took my breath away, but they all had a pretty hard act to follow."

"He was a great guy. I wish I could have done more for him, more to save him. And I wish I could have come home, to say goodbye on last time."

"It was quite a turnout. Small town, everyone knows everyone else. First your parents, then you two disappeared and Barney turns up dead. It was hard."

"I guess we've all had a lot taken away from us. We've got the opportunity for a second chance, tough. Lot of people don't get that. Believe me. Though, this may take a little more explaining that some second chances. Stick with me though, kid. I've dealt with more resurrections and long lost relatives than hookers deal with out of twon business men."

"Well the remote is probably between the couch cushions. Although I could make one like tha........wait a minute.....Did you say Frankie woke up and Crystal's alive? But how? Where is she? You think she'll let me run some test on her?"

"Yeah, cuz the first thing I wanna do when I come back from the dead is have you shove God-knows-what in God-knows-where....hey, it was between the cushions."

I start to head out the room and towards my lab when I suddenly remember something.

"Oh, by the way. That stunt you, Deadpool, Falcon, and Luke Cage pulled on the roof. That's coming out of your pocket."

"I'd like to see you try."

"Yeah, cuz the first thing I wanna do when I come back from the dead is have you shove God-knows-what in God-knows-where....hey, it was between the cushions."

"I'd like to see you try."

I stretch my body out and make a giant tarp.

"Let's see you make flames when there isn't any oxygen."

I revert back to normal and smile at Johnny.

"Oh and as for the scanner I plan on putting Crystal in, It's nice and comfortable. Just ask Sue, after all that was were Franklin was concived."

I stretch my body out and make a giant tarp.

"Let's see you make flames when there isn't any oxygen."

I revert back to normal and smile at Johnny.

"Oh and as for the scanner I plan on putting Crystal in, It's nice and comfortable. Just ask Sue, after all that was were Franklin was concived."

"Dude, I don't wanna hear about you and my sister and...bleh! Besides, Crystal's mad at you. I told her you were mean to me."

"Dude, I don't wanna hear about you and my sister and...bleh! Besides, Crystal's mad at you. I told her you were mean to me."

I just shake my head.

"I apologised for what seems like the 45 to the 5th power time. I'm sorry. Oh, by the way. Any luck on finding new candidates to fill Sue and I's place?"

I just shake my head.

"I apologised for what seems like the 45 to the 5th power time. I'm sorry. Oh, by the way. Any luck on finding new candidates to fill Sue and I's place?"

"I dunno. I had a few, but nothing concrete yet. Anything else just doesn't feel right."

"I dunno. I had a few, but nothing concrete yet. Anything else just doesn't feel right."

There's a long akward pause as I look out a nearby window. My eyes go out of focus as I lose myself in my thoughts.

"Yeah, I know. I mean in the begging it was you, Sue, Ben, and I against the world. Now it seems like everywhere you turn there's someone with superpowers."

Why should I feel so guilty for this? I'm doing this for my family.....but I'm abandoning another side of my family that I've been with as long as I've been with Sue and the children.

"Yeah, Johnny. Things change and life moves on. Now where is Crystal? I don't want to poke and prod her, only ask her some questions and maybe get a stool sample."

There's a long akward pause as I look out a nearby window. My eyes go out of focus as I lose myself in my thoughts.

"Yeah, I know. I mean in the begging it was you, Sue, Ben, and I against the world. Now it seems like everywhere you turn there's someone with superpowers."

Why should I feel so guilty for this? I'm doing this for my family.....but I'm abandoning another side of my family that I've been with as long as I've been with Sue and the children.

"Yeah, Johnny. Things change and life moves on.

"Are you really going to be safer, Reed. It's not where you live or what you do, it's who you are. You think Vic is just gonna call off the hunt because youo don't wanna be Mr. Fantastic anymore? But, you know, whatever."

Now where is Crystal? I don't want to poke and prod her, only ask her some questions and maybe get a stool sample."

"You have to be the only straight man on the planet who wouldn't want to poke or prod her."

"Are you really going to be safer, Reed. It's not where you live or what you do, it's who you are. You think Vic is just gonna call off the hunt because youo don't wanna be Mr. Fantastic anymore? But, you know, whatever."

"Well. It would make us potentially harder to find than living here in The Baxter Building, but I digress."

Spider-Man9X17 said:
"You have to be the only straight man on the planet who wouldn't want to poke or prod her."

"Well. I don't want to molest your ex-girlfriend right in front of you and besides, I'm married. So, How is Frankie doing? You told me she's awake, but does everything seem to be okay?"

"Well. It would make us potentially harder to find than living here in The Baxter Building, but I digress."

"Well. I don't want to molest your ex-girlfriend right in front of you and besides, I'm married. So, How is Frankie doing? You told me she's awake, but does everything seem to be okay?"

"She's yelling at me for being immature and making excuses for not wanting to have sex right now. Yeah, she's fine."

Lazarus watched as President Stark was hoisted out through the hole in the wall, and down to the stretcher below. Once he was safely in the ambulance, he turned back to face the man who had him by the throat.

Captain America.

As Bullseye, he'd fought the man in the past. He'd always hated the stiff-ass boy scout, even his name made him want to throw up. He'd partly based Lazarus' whole attitude on Captain America - that heroic swagger, that superior, condescending tone. Well, right now the great Captain America was face to face with a man who'd nearly killed him in the past, and he didn't even know it. Now who was superior?

With a hard swipe of his arm, Lazarus knocked Captain America's hands away.

"Don't touch me!"

Even the vocal-splicer in his helmet that disguised his voice couldn't hide the venom in these words as he spat them out. There was a moment of silence, and behind the mask, Bullseye looked hard into Captain America's eyes, searching for any sign of...knowing. Finally, Lazarus answered Captain America's question, speaking in a more measured, composed tone.

"The man you know as War Machine tried to assassinate The President. I saved his life. If I have anything to say to you, it should be...you're welcome."

"What?" Cap said in disbelief and backed away from Lazarus.

He then noticed the repulsor burns to Lazarus' ribs. Quickly he scanned his surroundings. The scorch marks, the fist imprints in the walls, he recognized the effects of Tony's weaponry and his heart sank.

"Rhodey...my god...why?" Cap said absently, Lazarus all but forgotten.

The sentinel of liberty backed into a wall then slumped to the ground and buried his head in his hands.

The lair of the Scriers was not so much a lair but more of an expensive Manhattan apartment. There was a knock on the door and one of them answer sans costume.

"Package delivery." The Scrier took it and shut the door behind him. He placed it on the table with the others looking on. He ripped off the tape and opened the box. Inside was a simple note with a message written in green ink:

HAHA

"Osborn..." It was the only thing that was spoken before the apartment was engulfed in an explosion. Most of the men known as the Scriers were no more.

"Mr. Urich? It's your boss I need you to go to Washington and cover the story. Yes, the president has just been attacked by as of right now an unknown superpower. A tragedy indeed but tragedy sells papers so go out there and covers as much tragedy as possible." He hangs up to the phone and walks over to the window. He stares over New York City, his city. Over on a rooftops he catches a few people jumping off them onto others. Little did they know there world was going to change. This situation has grown larger over the simple dealings of spiders, clones, and heirs. A female voice came over the intercom.

"Mr. Osborn there is someone looking for you on line one." He picks up the phone and places it to his ear.

"Hello. Why yes I'm watching the news, this should make our plans easier. I have a few already signed up mostly c and d list though. It's going to take some time to get the real heavy hitters. Don't worry about a thing Herr Skull." Norman hangs up the phone. The twilight of the heroes has begun.

kaine200oq2.jpg

IC Kaine
Season V - Part Thirteen

Kaine sat on the edge of a rooftop across the street from Madison Square Gardens. He examined the building with precision. Scores of workers swirled around the structure, carrying building materials in and carrying debris out. The yellow lights atop their vehicles flashed endlessly.

Suddenly, a searing vision exploded across Kaine's mind. It was dark and blurry... very unclear. It was more of a feeling than anything else. There was violence, anger, and many familiar presences. One of which thoroughly surprised Kaine.

"What was that?" The symbiote asks, sounding somewhat frightened.

"Nothing. Just... just wait. Be quiet."

Kaine shut his eyes firmly and waited. Waited for a spark in the darkness. Something that would illuminate the recesses of his mind.

Then it happened again, a little clearer. Things became more perceptible. Shapes. Colors. Although it was still all muddled together, like looking at something through water. Ben, strapped to a table. Gwen... and green. A suit of green.

Kaine kicked off the roof, catapulting himself over a block with this one powerful movement. The vision had left behind a feeling, a feeling that would not linger for much longer. This vision warned Kaine of danger, and similar to the Spider-Sense of Peter Parker, it indicated the direction from which the danger came. Kaine had only a fraction of a moment to zero in on it... and then it would be lost...

"Please... please... just a little longer."

Moving with swiftness that could not be matched, Kaine soon found himself at the city's edge. Docks stretched out towards the sea like jagged fingers. Old abandoned warehouses dotted the shoreline. They looked as though one wave, were it strong enough, could topple them effortlessly.

"What are you looking for?" The symbiote asked.

"Can't you feel it? We're close... very close..."

"To what?"

"I... I don't know. I can't be sure... not yet."

Kaine scaled the wall of one of the warehouses and peered through its dingy window. The view was as clouded as his own visions, but it let him see more than he needed to. He reared back and flung himself through the wall, crashing into the warehouse and hiding among the rafters. He could hardly believe what he saw below him.

"What was that?" A man in a furry green costume asked aloud. "What the hell was that?"

Kaine knew this man as his father. Miles Warren, The Jackal. If Kaine's hate for Norman Osborn was powerful, then his hate for Miles Warren was all-consuming. No matter who he blamed for his misery at times... himself... Parker... Warren was at the root of it all.

Kaine dropped down from the ceiling and stood in the middle of the room, Warren in front of him, Ben to his back.

"Y-you!" Warren shrieked. "No! NO! You - you can't be here! You CAN'T!"

Infuriated, Warren threw a punch at Kaine's head. Kaine caught the fist and crushed it. The sound of shattering bones found the ears of every person in the room.

"No tricks." Kaine said solemnly. "No smoke. No mirrors. No games. Tonight you die. Tonight... all of this ends. All of it."
ScarletSpider1.jpg

I stare at the new arrival standing between Jackel, Sandman, and myself.

"No smoke. No mirrors. No games. Tonight you die. Tonight... all of this ends. All of it."

I try once again to break free of the shackles that bind me to this chair but its no use.

"Yo chuckles! Could I get alittle help here?"

Without hesitating Kaine turns and rips the restaints clean off the chair. A sudden buzz causes me to jerk my heads towards Sandman.

"Kaine look out!"

Before Kaine can react hes' hit with a blast of sand. In one fluid motion I lunge from the chair and toward my creator and tormenter. I grab him by the neck and slam him to the ground and proceed to slam my fists into his face.

"DIE YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!"

I don't stop my assault until the front of his mask is stained red. To my amazment the Jackel smiles and lets out a sadistic high pitched laugh, his face is smashed in and the bastard actually laughs!

"Come on Ben do it! Smash my face in!"

I can feel the rage boiling in me. I raise my fist into the air ready to deliver the killing blow.

"Die!"

"Ben don't!"

I jerk my head over and see Gwen standing not far away, her neck sporting a large bruse from the grip that Sandman had her in.

"Don't what!? Rid this city of a vile piece of garbage."

"No, don't stoop to his level. Your doing exactly what he wants you to do, he wants to turn you into a monster like him."

"Don't listen to her Ben do it! Splatter my brains all over the floor."

I look back at the Jackel and pull arm back more.

"Yeah come on Ben I know you want to, come on son finish it!"

I slowly start to lower my fist taking get enjoyment in Jackel's puzzled look.

"What the hell are you doing!?"

"Im no son of yours."

I grab him by the front of his costume and lift him into the air, his feet dangling off the floor.

"You can give my regards to all my old friends in Rykers."

The Jackel just shakes his head.

"You disappoint me Ben, that seems to be all your good at."

My spider sense starts to buzz but its too late. He jerks his good hand forward and slashes my face leaving four slash marks. I drop the Jackel and grab my face.

"Oh Benny!"

I look up and see that the Jackel has grabbed aholed of Gwen, one of his clawed fingers pressed firmly against her throat.

I raised my hand, not a fist.

This man deserved to die. He deserved all the pain I wanted to give him.

However, I was not the Punisher.

"Let him live. He may not deserve it, but I don't deserve it either." I said aloud to everyone. Cable wouldn't like it, but it didn't matter.

"He won't be happy." I said as I released an optic blast at the console he was hiding under. It broke and landed on his foot, probably breaking his ankle or leg.

"Consider yourself lucky that you gave me my mind back. If I still had any Victor Creed in me...well...it'd be more then your leg broken now." I turned to walk away.

"Cable, let the police know there's someone here with a broken leg. Show them what he did. And we're out of here." With that, I walked out of the room with the X-men behind me. The Silver Surfer darted into the sky and disappeared.

And we were the X-men once again. All of us.

Clint gently rubbed Wanda’s bare back, pulling her closer as she nestled her head against his shoulder. Her breasts pressed against his chest, her smooth, silky skin like heaven against his body. His head lay gently against the top of hers, and with every breath he got a welcome scent of lavender and fruit from her beautiful, curly chestnut locks of hair. And he thanked God that he had this chance. He thanked him everyday, for a life well lived, for the friends and loved ones he had been given, for the second chances and the opportunity to find that which he thought was lost.

He gently kissed the top of her head. He felt some safe here, in each other’s arms. Nobody could touch them, nothing could go wrong. It was warm, it was comforting, it offered all the security in the world. As long as they had each other, they could overcome everything. They would never be alone. They would always have love, someone to look after each other and pick them up when they were down.

He had searched so long for a family, for a place to belong. The Avengers had finally been that answer, that lost sense of loving and belonging he had been looking for, but never could he have imagined finding all this. Having the Avengers, finding love again, and discovering two families, one he never knew and one he thought long lost. Even in the midst of all the turmoil and betrayal, he was happy, truly happy. He had everything he could ever want. Nothing else seemed to matter. Nothing was worth risking this perfection. He would fight to the bitter end to keep this forever, would give his last breath to preserve this love.

He smiled, nestling against his wife, as he finally drifted off to sleep.

-

Clint was woken by the scent of fresh coffee and eggs the next morning. He rolled over and sat up stretching the sleep out of his muscles. Wanda was already awake, her nightgown missing from the end table. Clint stood up and shuffled to the small dresser across the room, grabbing a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt, and headed downstairs for breakfast.

-

Heidi was just taking the sausage off the stove as Clint entered the kitchen. There was a mini-buffet set up along the counter: scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, English muffins, toast, orange juice, milk, and coffee. Clint grabbed a plate and filled up with a fair amount of everything, pouring himself a big glass mug of orange juice.

“Morning sleeping beauty,” Heidi teased as Clint dug into his breakfast.

“Shhhh, eating.”

Wanda tussled her husband’s hair.

“Such a cute boy when he’s sleepy.”

Clint glanced out the window at the fresh snow on the ground. The skies threatened to dump even more on the small town.

“Everyone better eat a good breakfast. You’re going to need to need the energy for this afternoon.”

“I thought you would have had enough after your whooping yesterday.”

“Just warm up. It’s down to business today.”

“Nothing good on TV anymore,” Heidi noted as she flipped through the channels on the small set sitting atop the dishwasher.

“Ahh, just shut it off. You need to finish eating and get changed…”

“We interrupt this program to bring you up to date on the late breaking news out of Wa…” Heidi clicked the TV off.

“Let’s go people,” Clint said, clearing his plate off the table. “It’s a new day. We have to grab it while we can.”

To Be Continued...
HawkeyeRTCWBanner.jpg

I look up to see the ceiling engulfed. "HOLY SHISHCABOB ON A STICK WITH GREAT BIG ESKIMOS AND--" before I can finish my over-long exclamation of surprise, Luke yanks me by the collor as a small explsion sends the whole kitchen into flames. We dive back down onto the living room floor. There's a moment of silence which I break. "So... should we just close the door and hope it goes away or blame it on Jarivs?"

As Luke buries his face in his hands at the glory of my stupidity, horror strikes me. "Luke... I'm going back in. I haven't got my bowl of corn flakes."

"No! No! Nononononononononono! This is not time for one of your crazy moments, we need to get to a pho--" he suddenly looks around to find I'm missing. "Sonova."

Meanwhile in the heat filled abomination I can only call the kitchen, I was searching desperately for my bowl of corn flakes. Unfortuneatly, by the time I'd realised where the bowl was, I was basically covered in flames. And now for the screaming. One... two... three. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! GET IT OFF GET IT OFF! THE BURNING THE BURNING! PAIN IS ALL I KNOW! I CAN'T STAND IT-- oh hey my corn flakes!" still burning away, I pick up my bowl and have a taste. "Hmm... needs more chocolate sauce."

Luke bursts once more into the room. "Hey Luke, where do we keep the chocolate sau--" before I can finish my ridiculous question, a support beam whacks me over the head.

When I wake up, I find my skin back to normal... or as normal as my skin can get anyway. I'm also wearing some convieniantly placed boxer shorts. A little too convieniantly placed. I look to Luke, who's on the couch, horrified. "Luke, did you put some boxe--"

"I don't want to talk about it Wade."

"Oh okay... well can I ask a question? From a black man's perspective did you think the size of my di--"

"WADE NOT NOW!"

"Not now? You mean there's gonna be a time for it later? I'll have to note that in my planner."

"Not now.....not ever."

I hear a buzz in my pocket. It's my cellphone, I pull it out and see I've got a text message.

"Luke, Meet me @ the roof of your apt.1 hour."

I get off the couch and slip my leather jacket on over my black tanktop.

"Had fun f**king off with you, Wade. But I should be heading home. I got a wife and child wating for me. Later."

I head outside and try to get a cab.

An hour later, I'm standing on my roof overlooking the Harlem buildings and the slowly fading sun. I hear a crunch of gravel behind me.

"Luke."

"Josiah. How you holding up?

"Doing alright. Working for the goverment can get boring at times, you?"

"Well, recently. I tried to restart Heroes For Hire, kidnapped an old man, got accused of terrorism, helped Deadpool steal Fonzie's jacket, and got pardoned for all of this by Nick Fury."

"........Wow. That's something. Look, Luke. I'm not here to play catch up. I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Sure go ahead."

"I've heard through whispers that something big's on the way. Something involving the superhuman community. Since the attack on Stark was done by a super, it's pushed it forward that much."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the law doing something they should have done years ago. Register all the superhumans and make what you do illegal."

"No. I won't let that happen to me."

"I don't like it as much as you do, but what choice do we have?"

I look at him and turn my back on him. I look out through the Harlem skyline. The hood, the place I have protected for so long. Now someone wants to come in and tell me what to do. If I don't protect Harlem from the pushers, the pimps and the murders. Who will?

"We fight."

33402requestsxc7bj0.png

"Not now.....not ever."

I hear a buzz in my pocket. It's my cellphone, I pull it out and see I've got a text message.

"Luke, Meet me @ the roof of your apt.1 hour."

I get off the couch and slip my leather jacket on over my black tanktop.

"Had fun f**king off with you, Wade. But I should be heading home. I got a wife and child wating for me. Later."

"Give my regards to your hot wife!" I say as Luke slams to door. For the first time in a good while, there's silence... man its horrible! I need some loud music... possibly an explosion of some sort. I head up to my room and put on a clean costume. Of course, I do the classic thing and smell my pants before putting them on. Fab... or whatever clothe cleaning thing Jarvis uses to wash you do wonders for me.

As I glance outside the window, I notice my gravestone. Hmm... been looking for something to hang on my wall. I fetch a spade and run down to the garden. I wonder if there's a body for me to find and possibly dress up? The Trevor guy did replace my body when I "died". It'd be cool. I could have tea parties. Before I can dig into the ground, I look up. Terry's grave. Aw man, I can't do this, not now.

I walk over to the memorial. I never really had a chance to say goodbye to Red... just what happened after her death was so fast. This is like the first time I've had peace in my life since that happened. I dunno what to do now though. Just... its weird. Standing here and thinking about the full year I've had of Ultron fighting, losing my wife, pretending to kill myself and having worryingly close sexual relations with Bullseye.

I guess... I could try one of those weird, gravey talky thingies... oooo, gravy! I sit down in front of the grave and begin. "Hey... uh Red. I guess it wasn't that long since we spoke, when I faked my death an all. I know you told me to sort it out then, and looks like I did. Yay for me huh?" Well this is awkward. Its like literally talking to a brick wall. "Okay... a joke to lighten the mood? President bush is doing a puzzle, takes him 3 months to finish it. When he does, he smiles at his cheif of staff with delight. When the cheif asks why he's so happy, Bush replies "Cause it said it'd take 3-4 years on the side of the box!"... hmm not in the laughing mood I guess? Well understandable, seeing as you're dead. I mean sucks to be you-- oh how am I kidding?"

"I miss you. Why can't you come back? Pull a Jean, I heard even Crystal's back in the game now. And I saw her die with my own eyes. Just like you did... just like you. Now everything's a mess. Brazil's a mess because of a freakin robot, Stark's forgot what it is to be one of us... and last I eard James Rhodes stabbed him. James Rhodes! He was so far up Stark's ass you couldn't tell where one started and one ended! It just... started to fall to pieces since you went. We sorted out the invasion, cleaned up Magneto's Sentinel Invasion (well to be fair I was kinda coma'd up at that point), done a hundred things that worked fine. Its just this time... I don't think its gonna work out fine."

"Come back Red... make it alright again. Make me not care about what's going on. Take me to that place where you used to take me." Slowly, I get to my feet, but not for long. I step closer, before breaking down, crumbeling on top of the grave. "COME BACK! Just do it. It happens for Cyclops, Johnny, Daredevil, Spider-man-- anyone but me. I need my break. I need it. I need for something to put me back on my feet."

Enough crying Wade, get back on your feet. I push back any signs of tears as I slowly get back up. That's it, you've had your moment... now get back into the swing of things. Time to find me a dead, identical body. Now there's a sentance I don't say every day... ALMOST every day...

To Be Continued...

"Ahaha! That me, I sure get up to a lot of stuff don't I? Well if you want to see more of my witty brillaince, featuring big guns, a guy with a metal arm and the occasional hot girl slapping me in the face, you may want to think about picking up my book "Cable and Deadpool." (Ignore the Cable part, its all about me honest) a top qualtiy book that involves me getting up to weird and whacky adventures dressing up in girls clothes, fantasising about Bea Arthur, kick the crap out of C-listers and having the crap kicked out of my by A-listers. Really, you hate Spider-man unmasking? The Reed/Sure break up not doing it for you? Then get my book! I don't do any silly out of character things to pull sales at all!...well I do occasionally pull in big hitters to smack me around."

"Until then folks, cya next season! I promise laughs, guns, boobs and maybe even more pigeon eating!"

"What?" Cap said in disbelief and backed away from Lazarus.

He then noticed the repulsor burns to Lazarus' ribs. Quickly he scanned his surroundings. The scorch marks, the fist imprints in the walls, he recognized the effects of Tony's weaponry and his heart sank.

"Rhodey...my god...why?" Cap said absently, Lazarus all but forgotten.

The sentinel of liberty backed into a wall then slumped to the ground and buried his head in his hands.

Lazarus took great pleasure in watching Captain America slump to the ground, a broken man. Was he crying? God, he hoped he was. That would be priceless!

"So, what, you just gonna sit here and feel sorry for yourself? The President's still alive, no thanks to you I may add. But this is gonna cause some major-league chaos. America needs you now, more than ever."

With as much reluctance as he would prod a turd, Lazarus placed a hand on Captain America's shoulder.

"Us heroes need to stand united..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"