DC TV Series Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Set at Max

Looking at that Wonder Woman double reminds me how much I wish someone else was playing her. Gadot has some charm but she doesn't cut it.

There's a WW game coming right? I look forward to that.

Trinity of Doubles.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
How's their acting....cause I wouldnt mind a tv series with them.

First few episodes didn’t grab me at all but from episode 4, I was more on board. It got better and better as it went along. Now I would like HBO to do a Question TV series. Go full on David Fincher Zodiac with it.

The Bat gets A LOT of representation so even though it sucks that we couldnt see him in the shadows not as if we missed out on anything.
maybe they could've played off that, then... an had multiple Batmen show up

then someone turns to Barry like "have you been f***in with the timeline again?"

have like a 10 Batmobile pile up (of all the different Batmobiles)...
GivingChubbyAmmonite-max-1mb.gif

...like scene out of Blue Brothers lol

Looking at that Wonder Woman double reminds me how much I wish someone else was playing her. Gadot has some charm but she doesn't cut it.

There's a WW game coming right? I look forward to that.
Back in the 2000s, there were so many great options for Diana. They should’ve made the movie way before 2017.

CD53CC77-04E1-44FD-B448-BE1798A19A93.jpeg

Who do ya’ll think will show up in season 2? Any other Suicide Squad favorites? I would love to see Gunn’s take on Deathstroke. Imagine Slade’s interactions with Vigilante.

I think they need a more threatening primary antagonist though. The Butterflies were cool but aside from that gruesome scene in the police station, they didn’t seem like that big of a threat.

That seems a mixed blessing. Ultimately, Peacemaker and company *aren't* that high end of "heroes", they really shouldn't be dealing with super high threat antagonists.

Oh John. I know you mean well. But this isn’t it.

First few episodes didn’t grab me at all but from episode 4, I was more on board. It got better and better as it went along. Now I would like HBO to do a Question TV series. Go full on David Fincher Zodiac with it.

Same, Episode 4 drew me in and I really enjoyed this series, great performances. Episode 4 also drew the biggest laugh for me, which was Murn calling them the Apple Dumpling Gang, LOL. Had to pause it I was laughing so hard!

I think everyone is going to assume/hope that’s JL related, but I say throw some curveballs. Give us a miraculously still-living KGBeast. Give us Huntress. Throw us a Mister Mind cameo. Give us Pedro Pascal as a 70-something Max Lord. Go nuts.

Outside of Mr. Mind I literally hope to never see anyone you named ever again...

We can do better than those clowns!! ;)

Probably an unpopular opinion around here, but I would absolutely love to see Cara Delevigne pop up for an episode as June Moon in Season 2, to confront Peacemaker for killing Rick Flag and give some closure on that storyline. I feel like she's the one who would actually make the most sense as a story thread rather than as just a random cameo for the sake of it.

I want Snowflame to appear in this show. A crazy drug power supervillain like Snowflame would be right at home at Gunn's wacky corner of DC films/tv shows

Okay, so I finally finished watching this. I watched the first 3 episodes when it was first released, but then kind of forgot about it.
So glad I went back and finished watching because I absolutely loved it!

I can’t wait to see more.

Honestly, if we get more quality stuff like this, The Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman (2017), Snyder’s JL, BOP etc, maybe I don’t want the DCEU to end completely.
It’s easy to be cynical after the missteps they’ve had (and unfortunately some of them have been MAJOR missteps), but I feel like they’ve actually had more good than bad.

Just finished the 4th episode. Show is not bad but kind of feel the reviews sold me on something far better than what has been presented. It's a fun show but the character development stuff often comes off forced and really hurts my overall enjoyment of the show.

I also feel like John Cena's weaknesses as a performer really come out as a lead whereas Gunn was able to play to his strengths better in TSS.

Good news for fossils like me who still crave physical media. Seems that Peacemaker will be getting a Season 1 Blu-Ray release in September...in the UK, but it's a start!

Peacemaker Season 1 Blu-ray Release Date Revealed

I do appreciate that WB Discovery is doing this. I do have HBO Max, but just haven't gotten around to Peacemaker yet. Hell, I'm still working my way through Doom Patrol Season 2 (on Blu-Ray, again). Even though the streaming option is there, it's nice that some of the companies are still considering physical media in addition to hoping consumers go straight to the streaming platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"