DC TV Series Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Set at Max

Oh hell yes. Loved Capaldi as the Thinker.

Also, maybe a long shot here but would anyone else like to see Karen Fukuhara make a reappearance as Katana on this show? I didn’t think much of the character at all in the crappy 2016 Suicide Squad movie but Karen has just been KILLING it in The Boys and it made me want to see what she could do with Katana in the hands of a competent director.

It would also make sense that she might come after Peacemaker since she was Flagg’s right hand woman and well, we all know what happened to Flagg.

Is it safe to assume that the rest of The Suicide Squad spin-offs are dead?

I dont think anything is safe to assume yet.

Bought my copy today at Best Buy. Gonna do a marathon of The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker S1 hopefully on Saturday.

Just finished binge watching the series today. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. It had good stuff and bad. Overall I enjoyed it

I was totally surprised by -
the cameo appearance by the Justice League.

Just finished binge watching the series today. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. It had good stuff and bad. Overall I enjoyed it

I was totally surprised by -
the cameo appearance by the Justice League.
My feeling exactly after finishing it today.
I also think in times it was way too racy, and there were some really rude and disrespectful jokes during the season i did not appreciated. Overall i'll give the show a 6 or a 7.

Finally binged the whole show. I really liked it, more than I thought I would. Danielle Brooks was a fantastic casting choice, she brings a ton of likability and heart into a show that could otherwise be just abrasive. Freddie Stroma was equally brilliant as Vigilante. I even listened to the slightly awkward companion podcast, it was nice to hear from all the guests.

On the subject of a new opening credit sequence…

Makes sense considering how many side characters there were in that opening in S1.

Considering Peacemaker’s origins, I would love to see more Charlton-turned-DC characters in the mix next season.

Ted Kord is presumably earmarked for the Blue Beetle movie, but I feel like a character like Captain Atom could really work in this context.
Hmmm…

Some more details about the show and its place within the DCU.

GIUVfVbXYAAvrro

GIUW2mGX0AAooaA

So basically he's saying this is Season 1, 2.0?

Seems so. He likes the characters and actors so he's keeping em on. I could see major stuff that regards his backstory just being repurposed for this story, as if it came from the source material. Him killing his brother, Flag, and his dad being the biggest instances.

Some will say that makes those things canon. I say have some fun. I really don't see it being a big problem.

Seems so. He likes the characters and actors so he's keeping em on. I could see major stuff that regards his backstory just being repurposed for this story, as if it came from the source material. Him killing his brother, Flag, and his dad being the biggest instances.

Some will say that makes those things canon. I say have some fun. I really don't see it being a big problem.
I don't see why it should continue as is if they retcon so many important things that made the character who he is. The redemption from killing Flagg and him breaking away from his father's grip formed him and changing those would make the whole journey and character development completely worthless. I doubt it's going to happen, but if it did it would suck majorly.

I don't see why it should continue as is if they retcon so many important things that made the character who he is. The redemption from killing Flagg and him breaking away from his father's grip formed him and changing those would make the whole journey and character development completely worthless. I doubt it's going to happen, but if it did it would suck majorly.

Maybe I put that wrong. I meant that they wouldn't retcon those important things. In S2, the connective tissue that made him kill those three people would now just be inherent to his character as opposed to it happened in S1.

I really don't see Gunn just saying **** all the good emotional **** from S1.

Maybe I put that wrong. I meant that they wouldn't retcon those important things. In S2, the connective tissue that made him kill those three people would now just be inherent to his character as opposed to it happened in S1.

I really don't see Gunn just saying **** all the good emotional **** from S1.
Ah, ok then.

I think "season one is not canon" is going to wind up being pretty misleading. Technically true but I bet essentially every plot beat that didn't reference the DCEU still "happened".

So basically he's saying this is Season 1, 2.0?

Yeah, I can only speculate but the way I see it, nothing will be a direct follow-up from the first season but nothing will contradict it either.
As is often the case at the start of a new season of any series, there will probably be a few scenes and lines to get to establish (or re-establish) who's who and the relationships between the characters. And so, it will surely be very easy to put aside the details of the first season and pretend that the series is only starting at that point, with the team around Peacemaker already formed and beginning a new adventure.

EDIT : Oops, I typed my message and went to eat before sending it and didn't see the new posts. What @emielaen said is exactly what I was trying to explain here.

Regarding the licenses Gunn had before his promotion to head DC Studios, I think it's safe to say that there is indeed a soft-reboot, as long speculated. Which is fine and make sense imo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"