DC TV Series Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Set at Max

I think "season one is not canon" is going to wind up being pretty misleading. Technically true but I bet essentially every plot beat that didn't reference the DCEU still "happened".

If it is referenced then we can deal with it however we choose. Count it or not won't matter.

Seems so. He likes the characters and actors so he's keeping em on. I could see major stuff that regards his backstory just being repurposed for this story, as if it came from the source material. Him killing his brother, Flag, and his dad being the biggest instances.

Some will say that makes those things canon. I say have some fun. I really don't see it being a big problem.
This seems like the perfect way to do it if you aren't looking at rebooting the entire thing. And it doesn't really require a lot of exposition (if any) to the casual tv/movie-goer.

I am rewatching Psych (for like the 5th time!) and the episode with John Cena also has Robert Patrick in it...which makes it the true prequel to Peacemaker ;)

Season 1 is no longer canon:

1710542927989.gif

I bet the major aspects that dictate character will be. I think Gunn will use it as if it were the source material. Not every piece of lore will be relevant but he'll use the pieces he wants to. 🤷‍♂️

With this Peacemaker series taking place in the DCU under Gunn...I wonder how they can go about this without mentioning the DCEU given that The Suicide Squad pretty much introduced us to Peacemaker and then his series well Season 1 was a part of it as well? But now Season 2 is basically a part of the DCU so is Season 2 essentially Season 1?

So if Peacemaker is going to be under Gunn and the DCU then I wonder if Season 1 events will be like they never happened because it was under the DCEU

I think what's important to the characters will remain and nothing else will matter.

Dude is a work horse. I wonder if he's bringing some of the same directors back.

Dude is a work horse. I wonder if he's bringing some of the same directors back.
I hope more Jody Hill! I really, really want him to do a series for the DCU as it is the kind of thing that would probably only happen under Gunn specifically.

When I watched The Suicide Squad the second time with a gf (at the time) and we both did mushrooms, I noticed Idris' suit had purple in it... when I initially thought it was mostly black - lol.

Why Peacemaker is here and has no official section?

I notice that Gunn followed Alethea Jones (who’s directed episodes of Dollface and Mrs. Davis, among other shows) on IG, and it looks like she’s followed most of the cast.

Feels like a safe bet that she might be one of the season’s directors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"