Suicide Squad box office prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice spelling. Anyways.....I think it will hit 70-80 mill opening weekend.

600-700 million WW sounds about right.

If it's a surprise hit(ala gotg), mixed in with it being will smith actually attached to a big brand(and not just some original thing), along with it directly following up BvS.
It's hard to predict. Especially if Aug has no comp that year.

If it turns out to be another Guardians of the Galaxy with little to no competition, add the fact that it's going to be unlike any comic book movie that has come before it, Will Smith addition, (potentially) Oprah Winfrey, and you know Joker & Harley Quinn are going to be featured in the marketing....IDK haha.

If it turns out to be another Guardians of the Galaxy with little to no competition, add the fact that it's going to be unlike any comic book movie that has come before it, Will Smith addition, (potentially) Oprah Winfrey, and you know Joker & Harley Quinn are going to be featured in the marketing....IDK haha.
I don't think it's gonna be a hit like gotg

GotG type hits are unpredictable by nature. ;)

With this cast and the inclusion of the Joker my guess is that it'll score in the $600-700 million range, possibly even higher.

It will be the highest grossing film ever with Suicide on the title.

It's too early to predict box office. The film definitely has good things in it's favor, especially if people are decently fond of BvS.

I really don't see this movie making less than $700 million. Especially with Will Smith in there.

Will Smith's box office power has diminished but I do believe he will help sell the film internationally. I think the Joker will be a big factor, people love the character.

Last edited:
Definitely Joker too, yeah. I keep forgetting he's in this movie, to be honest.

Which is weird because it's the second-biggest thing I'm looking forward to.

I need to sleep...

It's too soon to say Smith's box office appeal has diminished. He's had two films with starring roles released since his hiatus. After Earth was a lemon and it was obvious from the marketing that Smith was playing a supporting role to his son and it still made $243 million worldwide. Men in Black 3 made $624 million worldwide. I think Smith still has the same old box office pull in a sci-fi/fantasy film that has a decent reception.

Last edited:
Internationally I think Smith could have a similar pull as he has had since he became a superstar but in North America? I remain unconvinced, every big star eventually fades a little after years of being on top. Certainly Smith is way, way more of a draw than any other Suicide Squad cast member though. I like Smith and am glad it's looking like he has started making more interesting choices, my post isn't a diss it's an observation.

Stars do often see their box office appeal wane as they age. I just think it's too soon to say that it's happened to Smith at this point based on his recent box office.

This needs to be marketed in just the right way and it could take off.

Not being a Marvel universe movie it needs proper marketing to make the big bucks. Like TDK viral marketing level marketing.

The Joker ensures at least 750 m WW.

Unless they totally ruin his portrayal.

No poll?

What kind of prediction thread is this??? :p

The Joker will pull in audience and Harley Quinn is also a quite well known which would be a plus.

Also, Will Smith as Deadshot will help in international markets, if there is cameo by Batman (or Lex Luthor) then this movie will make 600 mil worldwide easily.

Is this supposed to open higher than guardians as far as expectations are concerned?

Given it's WB and there are always expectations, I'm guessing it's supposed to do better otherwise be seen as an under performer.

Having will smith in regardless of what has just been proven about the mans selling power will work against it in this regard. Having post TDKT Joker..etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"