Super Hero Death Match

My Pick?

BATMAN
batman03.jpg

I'll throw the underdog a bone. Moon Knight.

w-tyr.jpg

VS

dargo.jpg

Voting ends Monday July 19, 2010 at 12:00 midnight (PST). Get your votes in quickly if you intend on effecting the outcome!

Never watched it, don't know anything about them. I vote "none of the above" this round.

haven't you already done this match?

Analysis

Tyr and D'Argo both come from alien cultures which glorify war and combat.

Both races are born with certain natural weapons. For Tyr, this would be the bone blades on his forearms. For D'Argo, it's his whip-like tongue which extends much like a frog's and stings his opponents with a paralyzing poison.

Both are much bigger and stronger than humans, though I would guess D'Argo is bigger and stronger than Tyr.

Tyr is very crafty, will use everything and anything to his advantage, and doesn't care about "fighting fair". D'Argo is more honorable, but not necessarily foolish enough to believe that Tyr is equally honorable. While he may not be as crafty as Tyr, he's never without his gunblade (his massive sword which converts into an energy rifle).

farscape is on DVD try that

I've already seen Farscape on DVD (I never actually watched it when it was on the air). I was simply offering watching it on You Tube as a cheap alternative for those unfamiliar with the show. Although I suppose if your local Blockbuster or Mom & Pop video store has the complete series for rent at their stores that could also be a suggestion.

Just in time for the holidays:

BILLY FROM BLACK CHRISTMAS (2006)
black-christmas-2006-robert-mann1.jpg

VS

BILLY FROM SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT
1291691312_SilentNightDeadlyNight.jpg

Voting ends Friday night, December 17th, at 12:00 Midnight (PST). Get your votes in if you want to make them count!

My vote?

BILLY FROM SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT
1291691312_SilentNightDeadlyNight.jpg

So how are you gonna vote?

I haven't seen either movie. How do each of these killers murder their victims?

I haven't seen either movie. How do each of these killers murder their victims?

In this respect, they're both really well matched. They both have used their bare hands to strangle and/or break necks. They've both used strands of Christmas lights to garotte their victims. And they've both grabbed pretty much whatever is available and killed with it. In the beginning of Black Christmas, Billy escapes from the institution for the criminally insane by stabbing the guard in the jugular with a candycane he had sucked to a sharp point.

In Silent Night, Deadly Night, the other Billy picks up a girl and impales her on the horns of a mounted reindeer head.

However, throughout most of Silent Night, Deadly Night Billy was using an ax to kill his victims. Plus, under that Santa Suit he's very big and muscular. Much more intimidating than some sickly, jondaced "Joe Average" like that other Billy.

However, in the 2006 remake of Black Christmas, Billy killed as a part of a team with his inbred sister/daughter, Agnis. If you were to work that into your calculations, BXM Billy might have an advantage over SNDN Billy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"