Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 5 - "Crossfire" MAJOR SPOILERS

Greg Berlanti is gay, so he may well have experienced the things Alex is going through. I have a feeling he is taking a very active role in the development of Alex Danvers.

And Ali Adler.

Apparently. Since Lena said she was adopted, we'll have to see if it's her birth mother (and, therefore, not Lex's mom) or if it's Lex's mom.

oh yeah. that's right. I forgot about that aspect.

tumblr_ogb5ugJ1pd1qeqhblo1_250.gif
tumblr_ogb5ugJ1pd1qeqhblo4_250.gif

tumblr_ogb5ugJ1pd1qeqhblo2_250.gif
tumblr_ogb5ugJ1pd1qeqhblo3_250.gif

Entertaining episode, there was a Lois & Clark feel to the crooks with the alien weaponary part and I enjoyed that nostalgic feel, while Brenda Strong is nailing it as the season's big bad leader of Cadmus and newly revealed Momma Luthor! :wow: She has a great menacing presence to her that works perfectly for the role, her intense belief in what she is doing makes her scarier than the standard villain.

I love it when Melissa gets a chance to do humour, the Kara/Mon-El scenes at Cat Co were a lot of fun, I think Kara needs Mon-El to become a Monk lol. The scene where Alex explained to Kara the mistake in her approach was some classic Danvers sisters quality.

I have liked the Winn and Jimmy dynamic since they stopped being "rivals" and I'm actually interested to see how things develop with this vigilante angle.

Chyler was excellent in the scene where Alex deals with her uncertainties with Maggie, they've kinda rushed the stuff with Maggie being conveiently dumped but it's been handled well other than that.

Lena has been a great addition, the ambiguity surrounding her is intriguing and I like her burgeoining friendship with Kara.

it's more his motivation to suddenly want to be an active vigilante of justice.

it just feels so sudden, like it hasn't been written properly or properly developed.

the seeds for this character turn should have been planted at least several episodes ago.

show James feeling a growing frustration with always being a "sidekick" and not playing an active role in saving/helping people. let it build up, and then this ep would be the final straw for James.

Agreed man.

Why did Chyler not stick around at the end of that conversation with Maggie? She suddenly felt the need to go when Maggie pressed her more about what she wanted to say, and after Chyler couldn't even say things explicitly. Was she embarrassed?

I think she was simply unsure and perhaps embarrassed. She just figuratively exposed herself and felt the need to escape afterward. We all have those moments of outright courage followed by sudden fear at the exposure.

Point is, she put herself out there!

I think she was simply unsure and perhaps embarrassed. She just figuratively exposed herself and felt the need to escape afterward. We all have those moments of outright courage followed by sudden fear at the exposure.

Point is, she put herself out there!
Next week she'll try and tell kara that is a lesbian that will be her start. and it may shock some people that may have thought kara was in the know on that part already. Alex was sorta trying to tell kara this same episode but sorta didn't make that clear.(after she just realizing it her self ), before Alex left to find Maggie.

Like the twist with Lena not being evil but rather having an evil mother. This should be interesting

I also like that Alex and Maggie did not hook up since that seems to be where things were leading towards

Next week she'll try and tell kara that is a lesbian that will be her start. and it may shock some people that may have thought kara was in the know on that part already. Alex was sorta trying to tell kara this same episode but sorta didn't make that clear.(after she just realizing it her self ), before Alex left to find Maggie.

Is that definite Chyler tries to do that or you're just speculating?

Chyler is doing what the script told her to do. Her character's name is Alex. Alex looked to me to be unsure of herself and was too embarrassed to say anything more.

Chyler is doing what the script told her to do. Her character's name is Alex. Alex looked to me to be unsure of herself and was too embarrassed to say anything more.

She's Chyler Danvers to me. :o

She was definitely trying to broach the subject to Kara, but Kara sucked up all the attention until the appointed interruption occurred. Be cool to see her reaction that revelation!

From what I can tell from the latest interview with Melissa, Kara will be loving and supportive when this news comes about.

Well why wouldn't she be? I'm sure it will be a surprise for her at first though.

What if Chyler became this universe's version of Batwoman though?

She could be Chyler Cain (after Dean Cain) :o

It'd make no sense for her not to be supportive and understanding.

As for why she left, it's very interesting that she never actually says the words outright. She simply says "you might be right," and when Maggie presses her, she says "about what you said before." Not we, and I presume Maggie as well, all know what she's referring to. But her phrasing, plus leaving immediately afterwards, I took as her now quite being ready to 100% commit to acknowledging it just yet.

I suspect that she will soon. If not in the next episode, the in a few.

Last edited:
From what I can tell from the latest interview with Melissa, Kara will be loving and supportive when this news comes about.

Oh I had no doubt of that, I just like the surprise element. And I'm sure Mon-El won't bat an eye...

They talk about it in the latest batch of video interviews, they asked her flat out how Kara will feel, and yeah, I agree.....no doubt either.

Oh I had no doubt of that, I just like the surprise element. And I'm sure Mon-El won't bat an eye...

Why would Mon-El even care anyway? It's not his family or his business. He's new. It's what the older cast of characters might think.

Well, I was trying to make the metaphor in that Daxam was a little freer in that regard, and that he wouldn't care all that much either way...

Admittedly I wasn't expecting them to get rid of Maggie's GF quite that fast. I figured that they'd play around with it for at least a couple more episodes.

Also over or under 4 more episodes before she and Alex end up in the sack together?

Admittedly I wasn't expecting them to get rid of Maggie's GF quite that fast. I figured that they'd play around with it for at least a couple more episodes.

Also over or under 4 more episodes before she and Alex end up in the sack together?

People don't seem to be happy with even small love triangles these days....maybe a group of writers has actually learned that.

Cute episode.

Jimmy's easy access to the super secretive and supposedly secure DEO base is pretty amusing.

And at the rate that Maggie goes through girlfriends, I hope that Alex doesn't end up with a broken heart.

I wish we knew more about Daxam and Mon El's life there so that it was easier to understand Mon El's impressions of Earth. He has no trouble with most aspects, but a telephone confuses him?

I'll continue to believe that he's not actually from Daxam, but rather he's the TV version of Superboy (half Superman and half Lex Luther) who was created by CADMUS as a mole in the DEO and to manipulate him to do evil to ruin the reputation of aliens if necessary. Which would at least help to explain his complete and easy acceptance of the destruction of his planet, including the death of his lover / boss / prince.

There were plenty of nice, funny episodes, including MANY of Kara's facial expressions. Even Jimmy was somewhat tolerable, although I wish they'd give a little more time to his motivation. As others have noted, it would be interesting is his backstory included him hulking up and learning karate because he felt so inferior compared to Superman.

I hope that they don't force a Kara and Mon El relationship. They work really well as squabbling siblings, with a nice, natural and platonic chemistry.

Whereas I think their frustrating/fun dynamic would be a good lead in to a relationship.:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"