Supergirl Episode 3.16 "Of Two Minds" (SPOILERS)

I like how they're setting up for the next episode with Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, and Legion of Superheroes Vs. The Worldkillers.

Unfortunately when Brainiac 5 demonstrated his image inducer, he still looked like an Andorian from Star Trek.

If the Legion kills Pestilence before she becomes Blight, wouldn't there be some alterations on them and their future in 31st Century?

Is an image inducer already in the 21st century? How does Winn already know this besides him being super smart?
Ok I missed the first 3 minutes and thought you were referencing something Winn said at City Hall, so now that I've caught up on the bit I missed, I realize my response to you made zero sense, lol.

Stuff I liked in this ep:

-I still adore Brainy. Can we keep him please? Especially now that it means we wouldn't be subjected to that make-up on a regular basis?

-I liked that human Pestilence didn't want to be saved. Complicates Kara's mission a little bit (in a good way).

-The Lena/Sam scenes were again the best of the episode. But as mentioned earlier in the thread, Lena's conclusion jumps are stretching credulity a little bit.

-I'm glad the cat is out of the bag with Reign.

Things I didn't like:

-Pestilience needing to scratch people to get them sick doesn't seem like the most effective "worldkilling" power, lol. Yeah yeah, I know she "evolves" into Blight and will be more powerful then, but still, it was kind of a blatant plot-limiting contrivance.

-The Kara/Imra rift and subsequent make-up fell flat for me. It was like neither actress was buying into it. I also didn't like the fact that Imra still attempted to kill Pestilence in the end, but all was fine because she failed.

-The action sucked.

-More cape fighting. LOL.

-Also, a random pet peeve I have just now discovered - certain actors pronouncing "Pestilence" as if it were "petulance" with an "s" in there.

Overall, this episode was fine, but for being such an important episode to the main plot, it felt weirdly dull to me. A lot of it I blame on the directing, because the tension that should've been in some of these scenes wasn't there, and the action bits were garbage.

Looking forward to next week, though. While most of this stuff so far could've been just damn good speculation, I think the next two episodes will definitively prove whether those leaked spoilers were accurate.

Last edited:
I thought the episode was ok.

I liked that Pestilence’s normal side wasn’t some innocent person in all this. None of that “You have to fight it! I know you can!” talk will help.

A good scene with Jimmy and Winn.

I just laugh whenever the writers have these characters talk about not killing people when they’ve done so before.

And then Saturn Girl trying to kill ended up not mattering much since it didn’t work and they treated it as no big deal.

I liked the episode... Except for some directorial choices and cuts. For example, during the whole James-Winn dialogue, what was Kara doing? Also, weird that they didn't show Alex at all. Or have a parallel Kara-Alex conversation (we have not had last season either in the Alex episode--a reason why I didn't like the episode).

Why was Kara affected by pestilence at all... Didn't seem to have much in-story impact? Why was Alex also affected by pestilence? While there was some reaction from Kara, there seemed also to be some fast cuts from their scenes, which didn't seem required either. There was no emphasis on that and Alex's getting hurt seemed to be a plot point for Imra to open her heart to Kara.

I didn't mind it so much because it got us a much needed Kara-Imra interaction, but it did make the danvers sisters scenes a bit lukewarm with the lack of emphasis.

I do wonder though... If you know that it is a cut that could spread the disease, wouldn't you go into the field covered through so that you are not cut. Alex and Winn didn't know. But Kara did. May be she didn't know she could be cut?

I liked Lena and Sam again.. But yes, the parallel dimension was weird... And the whole SG will dissect you and I am the only one who can save you sounded like hubris to me. Which means, it could also be her downfall (pride and lack of trust in others). The anti El-mayarah so to speak. This is the first episode, where I could glimpse how Lena could become very anti-SG and thus villain in a future season (and it will have nothing to do with the "lie".. In fact, it makes it more relateable and believable).

I really like Brainy. I do hope he stays.

I don't mind the "not planning to kill" as opposite to accidentally killing in life or death situations thing, especially when it comes to powerful people like Kara. I don't think Kara should ever plan to kill someone or agree to such a plan because she is too powerful and it is a slippery slope. She cannot be the judge, jury and executioner. Especially based on a future that can or cannot happen. And Imra seemed to be too emotional while advocating killing.

But, the lack of consistency in powers is a bit irritating. I don't think Kara should have been affected by Pestilence. Also, does anyone think they are going for these Worldkillers having an actual physiological human counterpart? How can that be considering these folks are Kryptonians? If they have a counterpart, shouldn't they be Kryptonian? I guess I am a bit confused about the whole duality situation. Also, apparently, unlike Julia and Sam, Grace isn't that good a person in real life.

What is this power Imra has that can keep people in a bubble?

Also. It appears that Lena keeping things from Supergirl actually worsened things because the three world killers are now together.

Odette was great!

Why can't Brainy pronounce Pestilence properly? He says Pestulence.

Odette's acting was great in this episode.

I thought there was a scene where Imra was storming away from the hospital where the police cars were after having an argument with Supergirl. That didn't happen.

Lena's plan didn't work. If Supergirl and the Legion hadn't been there she probably would've died when the world killers showed up.

I just realized Supergirl called Reign "Sam," right in front of Lena. As far as Lena knows, Supergirl should not know Sam. Come on, Lena, put this **** together already.

I just realized Supergirl called Reign "Sam," right in front of Lena. As far as Lena knows, Supergirl should not know Sam. Come on, Lena, put this **** together already.

But Lena knows that Supergirl works with Chyler at the DEO. Chyler ran tests on Sam and babysat her daughter. She could have told Supergirl about Sam.

So, lets talk about this other dimension; we're [to believe] that Reign, and the conscience/essence of the world killers have lived there until they were able to manifest in this dimension, and so they're more reliant on their hosts? Bit of a twist there; I'd have instead expected the personalities of these world killers to just be a split personality (of sorts).

You know, I didn't mind Reign's costume until we saw her with the other Worldkillers.

But Lena knows that Supergirl works with Chyler at the DEO. Chyler ran tests on Sam and babysat her daughter. She could have told Supergirl about Sam.
Chris_Nolan_Is_Not_Impressed.gif

So Reign is the only one of the worldkillers with a mask which was only needed so that the other characters wouldn't figure out she was Sam until the writers were ready.

Is she going to wear a mask from now on? And how will she go back to her life as Sam afterwards if everyone has seen Reign on national TV?

And how will the other worldkillers go back to their jobs or lives too?

Of course, that doctor probably shouldn't go back to treating patients.

One question I have. When exactly did she scratch Chyler and Winn? I know she was near them but wouldn't they have felt it? How come it didn't appear immediately?

I think they are going to keep the mask because it is reminiscent of her alien look in comics.

What? You don't think that's plausible?
Plausible? Sure. Likely given the scenario? Not really. Supergirl reacted to Sam like she knew her, and Lena didn't have the slightest "wait, you know her?" moment. Like, even to come up with the explanation you provided for Lena, it certainly wouldn't be her first thought in that scenario. That gif was just me being sick of having to bend over backwards to think of "plausible" reasons to constantly justify Lena's very selective stupidity. It's sooooo far past time for this secret to be out.

Things I didn't like:

-Pestilience needing to scratch people to get them sick doesn't seem like the most effective "worldkilling" power, lol. Yeah yeah, I know she "evolves" into Blight and will be more powerful then, but still, it was kind of a blatant plot-limiting contrivance.

Yeah. I saw it as kinda a nod to Nuclear Man in Superman 4: The Quest for Peace, minus the mullet. :woot:.

Deep geek cut , I know, but I saw it in the theater as a kid .Lol. They even got sick the way Clark does after being scratched .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"