Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - Part 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that the X-men are coming home, how do you do the mutant gene when they've already got the Inhumans? I guess just handle it in the same sort of way and pretend the Inhumans never happened? I'm totally okay with that. Screw the Inhumans, screw Ike Perlmutter, and screw any one else involved with that travesty.

Pretend it doesn't exist like the rest of the shows in Feige's eyes. I mean, seriously, no general fan is gonna say "Oh, cool the X-Men but what about the Inhumans!!?"

Well the same people who tried to bring MCU to task for pushing back the Inhumans as it was originally part of their future movie set.

no one cares about the inhumans

no one did back then, and certainly not now. Not after that disaster.

Yeah, you couldn't pay me to watch Inhumans after they released that horrible trailer. Like, if THAT'S the best material they could show to get people interested in the show, then the actual product must have been horrendous.

It's pretty crazy how much they talked about K'unn Lun without ever showing us any of it. Scott Buck needs to be flipping burgers.
They've shown us an icy mountain, and dead monks.

I care for them as a small part of the :ff: mythos.

Dollars to doughnuts Mystique will die in Dark Phoenix

I don't think enough people watched Inhumans for it being a disaster to matter, LOL! No one cared enough to watch it, outside of us, it seems.

probably something to do with thanos screwing around with the infinity stones and the universe is dramatically altered in the process.

Post IW and A4, there are mutants.

That actually sounds like the best way to do it.

Mutants appearing now in the MCU probably wouldn't outright contradict anything that has appeared in previous movies but it wouldn't congeal with the world they've already established.

That actually sounds like the best way to do it.

Mutants appearing now in the MCU probably wouldn't outright contradict anything that has appeared in previous movies but it wouldn't congeal with the world they've already established.

I disagree. Mutants could easily work. Just make like we are only becoming aware of it now for the first time. Heck, mutation can easily be retconned as to why Pietro and Wanda survived Strucker's experiments. Marvel will make it work. I have faith.

Marvel will make it work. I have faith.

giphy.gif

Whatever path they take, I'm sure it's one they've already thought through.

I've said this for years and I still believe it to be true: Homecoming was able to be cast, shot, and released relatively quickly because Marvel had a contingency plan in place. They had a basic outline of what they'd do with the character if they ever got him back. I'm positive they have one in place for each of their characters, and I'm excited to maybe see how it all potentially comes together in phase 4.

Well, that's their problem. That disaster of a mini-series doesn't make the Inhumans any less awesome as characters. It would massively suck if we get all the cosmic characters back under one roof but can't have Inhumans with them.

Well, that's their problem. That disaster of a mini-series doesn't make the Inhumans any less awesome as characters. It would massively suck if we get all the cosmic characters back under one roof but can't have Inhumans with them.

Honestly, if Feige really wanted to use those characters or had plans for them, they would not have allowed them to go to the TV department for the show. I just think Feige had no intention to use them ever, hence why he let the TV side have them. Remember, they had a movie date set for them, and Feige decided to cancel the movie. Feige just never seemed as into that project, so maybe it is good it fell out of his hands, even if the resulting show was a bit of a mess (though hilarious). I mean, if Feige was not into the project and if they were not coming up with ideas for it that were good, was just making it anyway a good idea? I think if there was a movie that could have been first MCU film misstep, Inhumans may have been it since no one seemed to care about it.

Last edited:
Dollars to doughnuts Mystique will die in Dark Phoenix

I think JLaw would be glad to get out of the franchise. She seems to have no real passion for it. Like Batfleck.

We can have a versus thread after Dark Phoenix comes out:

"Which comic story has been dishonored worst by cinema: Dark Phoenix or Dark Knight Returns?"

I think JLaw would be glad to get out of the franchise. She seems to have no real passion for it. Like Batfleck.

Exactly. And with McAvoy teasing a "twist" and that funeral picture that's my guess

We can have a versus thread after Dark Phoenix comes out:

"Which comic story has been dishonored worst by cinema: Dark Phoenix or Dark Knight Returns?"

The Dark Knight Rises matched Bruce's arc in DKR very well. Certainly better than Snyder did, despite him copying panels from the comic and visually trying to recreate that Batman.

A lot more excited about Dark Pheonix than I was previous to the EW article.

Everything they released looks and sounds really good..

A lot more excited about Dark Pheonix than I was previous to the EW article.

Everything they released looks and sounds really good..

Admittedly it does...

But I just have no faith in Kinsberg. Really your first dies credit and your handling a probably $200 mill with massive SFX? Idk

It's pretty crazy how much they talked about K'unn Lun without ever showing us any of it. Scott Buck needs to be flipping burgers.

A whole season with almost nothing. I wouldn't trust the dude with my burgers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"