Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to need a second gauntlet, then later boots.

I haven’t seen Minnie in a while. You think he sacrificed her for the soul gem err Hulu?

I don't get why Apple and Facebook are considered too big and should be broken up, but Disney isn't. I mean they have 27% of the entire film industry and the next biggest is WB, who have 15.36%. And that number I don't think will change soon. Also, Disney is also posed to and being predicted to being a massive force in streaming with Disney+ in just a few years. Plus, including this year so far, for the last 4 years Disney has had the biggest box office market share than any studio. And on top of that think of all the other revenue they have built or acquired.

I don't see when it's not kinda anti competitive. It's kinda like when the NBA okay'd the trade of Kevin Durant, a top 3 player in the league, to the Warriors who were already a massive powerhouse with multiple recent rings. Except you know this isn't spots, it's business.

Kinda OT: Streaming services need to adapt. Honestly it's getting to a point where you need to offer something in addition to streaming. Like Amazon Prime will always be cool because their stuff comes with the Amazon shipping benefit. YouTube has the potential if a) they stop playing around with their music service b) they stop playing around with their original content. But like Netflix losing stuff like Friends and The Office and, from what I've seen they don't have another huge original to make up for that. There's Stranger Things but they don't have many "killer apps"

I'm surprised that no services have officially combined music and video streaming. Spotify has the Hulu partnership, but that's 2 different companies and it's for the Hulu with commercials plan...which is for peasants. :o
Again YouTube is kinda doing it, but they're half-assing it. Amazon has both the video and music, but they're not combined. You need to pay for both services separately.
Amazon I think would be best for this, but YouTube/Google could too. If someone would combine music streaming, music buying, podcast streaming, video streaming with good original content, VOD services, along with some other benefit like Prime shipping or ad free YouTube...I think that'd be a winner and I hope someone, probably Amazon or Google/YouTube does it.

EDIT: I guess Apple could be added to the Google and Amazon list since they already have music streaming & buying, podcasts, VOD, and they're about to launch their video service

Last edited:
Mighty Disney is tiny compared to many of the high tech companies. In comparison to the other major media players, it's a mid-tier organization.

By Market Cap:

Microsoft - $964B
Amazon - $916B
Apple - $876B
Alphabet - $805B
Facebook -$530B
Disney - $241B
Verizon - $234B
AT&T - $228B
Comcast - $193B
Netflix - $155B

Mighty Disney is tiny compared to many of the high tech companies. In comparison to the other major media players, it's a mid-tier organization.

By Market Cap:

Microsoft - $964B
Amazon - $916B
Apple - $876B
Alphabet - $805B
Facebook -$530B
Disney - $241B
Verizon - $234B
AT&T - $228B
Comcast - $193B
Netflix - $155B
At least there is one entertainment medium in Netflix (another in Amazon Prime, etc..) that hopefully won't be purchased by Disney.

Why am I talking about that in a place to discuss superhero movies? I'm going to watch Spider-Man Unlimited while I wait for Avengers Endgame to hit that $2.8 billion mark, and then it's a journey with Batman Beyond and the Zeta Project.

Disney isn't close to a monopoly, its as simple as that. In every business field, they have numerous competitors. It takes more than just being the biggest and most successful to be a monopoly, and the purchase of Hulu doesn't change that.

Sometimes I just shake my head at what some of you people write.

Some of you should look up the definition of monopoly.

51AnnChCJcL.jpg

I never read Secret Wars (2015) but I saw some video on YouTube the other day where this guy was talking about how he thinks that's where Marvel is heading with the talk of the multiverse in Spider-Man: FFH. He thinks they are leading up to Doom being the big bad and the next big story arc will be about him remaking reality. All I can say is, that sounds awesome. Doom has never been done right in live action but I know Marvel could pull it off. And I know the writers of Infinity War and the Russos said that they want to do Secret Wars.

All I know is, I need to see DOOM in all his glory on film. I don't care about the Fantastic Four, but I want to see Doom be the next big bad.

I think the original Secret Wars is more likely.

Just re-watched X2 for the first time in a while and it's still pretty good, but man, it feels dated. I don't think it's the best X-Men film, probably third best, obviously the best of the original trilogy.

I don't find Stryker all that interesting as a villain, none of the leads really stood out in X2, aside from Nightcrawler and Storm has a few cool moments.

The attack on the mansion is good but I think the 1st 2 X-Men movies suffer because of budget restraints from Rothman's Fox.

The attack on the mansion is good but I think the 1st 2 X-Men movies suffer because of budget restraints from Rothman's Fox.
The attack on the mansion and the opening Nightcrawler scene in the White House is great, but you can definitely notice the budget restraints.

Really bugs me that Cyclops isn't even in the 2nd act of the movie and hardly even in the 3rd act either.

Last edited:
Disney can take over the world as long as I got my princesses, talking toys, lightsabers and X-Men in the MCU!

My sentiments exactly. As long as they give me a good Cyclops, Rogue and Storm, let Disney have whatever the hell they want.

Just re-watched X2 for the first time in a while and it's still pretty good, but man, it feels dated. I don't think it's the best X-Men film, probably third best, obviously the best of the original trilogy.

I don't find Stryker all that interesting as a villain, none of the leads really stood out in X2, aside from Nightcrawler and Storm has a few cool moments.

I think X2 to date is still the most lines Storm and Nightcrawler ever had in the FOXverse. The only thing that keeps it from being epic was the lack of Cyclops and shoving Wolverine down our throats as per usual.

The Nightcrawler opening and the mansion raid are great and likely the best scenes in the OT but as a movie I still think X1 is the best of the original trilogy. I’ve never got the love for X2.

The attack on the mansion and the opening Nightcrawler scene in the White House is great, but you can definitely notice the budget restraints.

Really bugs me that Cyclops isn't even in the 2nd act of the movie and hardly even in the 3rd act either.

I swear when Scott shows up again in the third act I leaned into my friend Chris and said "Oh... That's right... Cyclops is in this too."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"