Sequels Superhero crossover is the only way to go

Dark Prophet

Civilian
Reaction score
I know it's unlikely considering that all of the characters are liscenced to different studios but a fourth movie that kept things fresh and interesting could only generate the 'hype machine' and anticipation by having a crossover between characters. One I could definitely see would be Spidey and the X-Men. It really wouldn't ruin anything to have characters believed dead to return with a one liner explanation. I could see Spider-Man going to consult Xavier for something... it would work well and be highly marketable. Even just Spidey and Wolverine would work since those characters have great chemistry with each other. I don't think SM3 would be as anticipated by the general public as it is without having the 'new costume' and 'darkness' to it. If a fourth movie returns things to the status quo it could only be as good as SM2 was.

Thoughts on the crossover idea?

I know it's unlikely considering that all of the characters are liscenced to different studios but a fourth movie that kept things fresh and interesting could only generate the 'hype machine' and anticipation by having a crossover between characters. One I could definitely see would be Spidey and the X-Men. It really wouldn't ruin anything to have characters believed dead to return with a one liner explanation. I could see Spider-Man going to consult Xavier for something... it would work well and be highly marketable. Even just Spidey and Wolverine would work since those characters have great chemistry with each other. I don't think SM3 would be as anticipated by the general public as it is without having the 'new costume' and 'darkness' to it. If a fourth movie returns things to the status quo it could only be as good as SM2 was.

Sony would never share any Spider-Man profits with Fox or other studios. You could see a Fantastic Four/X-Men crossover with Fox. Or a Ghost Rider/Spider-Man with Sony. There are the characters Marvel plans to finance on their own, they could appear in a Spider-Man movie first and then have their own movie. That would enlarge the fanbase for say a Luke Cage movie. Or have Black Cat before Catwoman shows up in the Batman franchise.

I can see good points and bad points. From a purely entertainment perspective, a rollercoaster actioner with Spidey and the X-Men is certainly appealing.

It really wouldn't ruin anything to have characters believed dead to return with a one liner explanation. I could see Spider-Man going to consult Xavier for something... it would work well and be highly marketable.

How the Hell do you pull that off in a method that won't ruin the continuity of the X-Men movies?

^Simple:

Spidey: Professor Xavier, I heard you were dead

Prof X: Reports of my death have been greatly exageratted

*dramatic pause... then a pan*

Cyclops: Where's the pie?

*continues with plot to solve Spider-Man's mutating problem and humanity once again*

See... simple.

However that kind of film may be on too great a scale. Keeping things in a smaller scope you could have a Spider-Man and Daredevil movie where Peter Parker needs a lawyer for something and gets Matt Murdock... I think that would fit in a lot better but wouldn't be as a hyped up 'event'

Even if you just got Wolverine in a Spider-Man movie you could definitely get some great chemistry going.

Whenever the studios licenses on the characters expire, Marvel should license ALL their characters to one studio... preferably Sony.

Gotta go with The Torch stoppin' in and battling it out with Spidey. Like in their first meeting.

:ff: :ff: :ff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"