• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

SuperLounge & Clois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't join them. I played that for like a decade and it sucked up a lot of free time. Getting away from it was such a relief afterwards. I did not realize how burnt out it left me feeling.

Apparently my girlfriend used to be a massive WoW player before I met her and now she's starting up again. I feel a disturbance.

I feel that disturbance coming from my son's bedroom on a daily basis.

I had a really pleasant day Saturday and Sunday.

I recorded two podcast episodes on Saturday. We recorded a first reaction/review commentary for episodes 3 and 4 of Falcon and Winter Soldier. Just experimenting with the format we usually use. We'll get ep 5 in the can too and then release them. Then I walked from Jon's studio to Prospect Park which is only a few blocks away from him. Got some piping hot thin crust pizza on the way.

A lot of people out, even for an overcast day. About 90% were wearing masks in one form or another but still was not reassuring to see so many people in groups, and large ones at that. Some with a couple of dozen people in them, but I guess we will see more and more of that as time goes forward. I hadn't been to Prospect Park in many years. I live in the Sunset Park area and well, Sunset is a less than 15 minute walk from where I live so when I feel the need to get fresh air I trot over to what's closest.

I came across a group of adults supervising a children's party activity. They were basically having these kids bop each other with soft sticks/play swords. I went over to ask about the sticks because they looked pretty robust given how the kids were smacking each other with them. I learned they made them in house out of PVC and pool noodles. It was a good design. I got their number. I may see if I can get my hands on some for training purposes.

I walked further down the path I was on, just meandering through the park's various paths. As I came upon the largest field in the park I noticed a man sitting with a hoodie on watching his child play. His hoodie had a symbol I am familiar with, theat of the Inosanto Academy Of Martial Arts. He saw I was spinning my stick in one hand and immediately knew I was a fellow Filipino Martial Artist. We greeted each other and had a nice conversation. He is an instructor and had his own school location before Covid, but well... He was older than me at 56 but he was very gracious and we talked a good long while. I gave him my number before we parted.

I continued walking towards the exit that was closest to Union Street in Brooklyn and there was a tunnel underpass you have to walk to get there. I see an older white haired man with a bamboo flute. Out of curiosity I ask him what it is and he proceeds to tell me it is a shakuhachi, and apparently he is a grand master of it. He tells me about some of the lore of the flute and the various schools of musicianship for the instrument as well as some historical tid bits about how the flute was used by spys in old Japan and China. I left him as he played some grand opus he said would take him 15 minutes or so to complete. I took my leave and headed to the R train to go home.

Sunday I went to Sunset Park for the afternoon, which has become a near daily ritual now that the weather has turned. Going to my usual first workout spot in the park I was called over by some volunteers who were taking appointments for Covid vaccine innoculation. If all goes to plan I should be getting my first shot Tue. night. When I got home I saw I had an E-Mail from my friend Ingela who lives in Stockhom, Sweden. We've taken to exchanging E-mails every two weeks or so and since I'm head over heals in love with her it was a nice cherry on top.

.. When I got home I saw I had an E-Mail from my friend Ingela who lives in Stockhom, Sweden. We've taken to exchanging E-mails every two weeks or so and since I'm head over heals in love with her it was a nice cherry on top.
If you know a Swedish girl named Ingela, you're bound to send her this classic:

If you know a Swedish girl named Ingela, you're bound to send her this classic:

Let's just say that she is much more of an ACDC Led Zeppelin type of girl.

Ingela-Swedish-Exotica.jpg

C8PnlWJXkAEkoOD.jpg:large

Last edited:
Well this is my official teen romcom dramatic prom finale song:

Well, great taste in music then.
She got to meet Page and Plant because she was friends with someone that was working at AABBA's studio in Sweden. Apparently that was an in place to record because say whatever you will about that group's style of music you can tell that to produce it took a lot of in studio production magic which meant their place was very well stocked with the best sound equipment ect.

I tease her about that because that is totally NOT her music taste. Zep, The Stones, AC/DC (Scott era ONLY for her. Yeah... She's one of those. LOL) and she was last we talked about music, was in a Black Keys and White Stripes phase. And Rammstein, of course, cuz she's Euro.

I can't remember how old she said she was when she met Page and Plant but I am guessing between like 15-19 given the latest Zep was still an actively recording outfit putting out albums on the reg.

I've known her since 1998 or so, just after I moved back to NYC after living in Pennsylvania, but I was born in Brooklyn and spent my first 13 years in the same neighborhood I live in now, the Sunset Park area of South Brooklyn. She was working at a local bar during the afternoon shift and since I work nights my afternoons are usually open and my only time to do anything outside of my apartment. She's a great conversationalist so she was a great fit tending bar. She also was a featured nude model in the tail end of when magazines were still a thing right before the Internet explosion. This is when she also got serious about photography herself and added that to her bag, so she modeled but also shot others as well. I used to have a GREAT professional looking set done by her of methat she did for free that was on my podcast website but at some point my podcast partner Ed deleted them (I'm still angry Ed.)

She moved back to Stockholm about 2006-ish and came back to NYC for vacations. She got into real estate photography but right before that she appeared in a rock video:

She started working with a charity for at risk young women, you know dealing with abuse or addiction issues, that sort of stuff and that rolled over somehow into a book she put out about the homeless in Stockholm. And now she is working as a case worker at a charity for homeless folk.

She is in hindsight the most fascinating woman I have ever known, by a long stretch.

Last edited:
"I tell you whutthatdangoleFriezadunmessedupwithkillinKrillanandnowGokugonnagoSuperSayanandusethedangoleSpiritBombKingKaifixedtoshowhimintheafterlife, I tell you whut. Dang ole summoningtheEternalDragonandmakethreewishestoo."

Thoughts on the Moto Guzzi v7 Loungers?

I think I am settling on shaft drive for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"