A Quiet Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Continuation of Portrait of a Lounge on Fire (a title based on a movie obviously too sophisticated for some Canadians who shall not be named).

It's going to be A Quiet Lounge Part II. I feel it in my bones.
Ha! There was never a Part I. Joke's on you. Obviously.

I had "No Time To Lounge" all cued up...

giphy.gif

It's a Quiet Lounge...

Maybe... Too quiet.

5784078-predator%20gear%20cloak%20%282%29.gif

Well, when either you, Reek, Roose or I are not around... it usually is.

Give us money.

I haven't had a driver's license since I was 22, but I've decided to get one so that I can buy a car and live as a normal human being. But now I have to decide what car to buy. Money is no object*.

*Money is a severely limiting object.

I haven't had a driver's license since I was 22, but I've decided to get one so that I can buy a car and live as a normal human being. But now I have to decide what car to buy. Money is no object*.

*Money is a severely limiting object.

Confession... I've never learned to drive. It's never been a terrible hindrance but... Yeah.

Getting older and needing... Something to do brother Kryp has put some cash aside and...

I'm going to get a motorcycle.

Remember that time I took off a bit back? I was doing a literal nightly crash course in motocycle riding and history.

Before anyone asks, in NY you have to take the regular driving test first then you can take courses on motorcycle riding and safety.

I was looking to originally get a Honda Rebel 500.

maxresdefault.jpg

About 47 horsepower, low to the ground, and it's price point is under $7,000. It's a standard starter motorcylce that can still be a "forever bike". It's also highly customizable. In fact, you kinda have to customize it.

Brand spanking new you still have to put some after market additions to it. Thus the low price point. And this I've found is like standard for motorcycles. Like, motorcyles require uber regular maintenence. The chain has to be cleaned and lubed ideally every 3 weeks or so if not more, ditto aligning the rear tire, checking the chain tension... Thing is that's really difficult to do without a center stand, not the side stand most come with standard, but a stand under the belly of the bike that lifts the back wheel totally off the ground. You'd think by now that would be standard on all motorcycles. It's not. Crash bars, engine guards, frame sliders... Really important stuff that helps to maintain the bike or is important to keeping one undamaged if it should slide out from under you is usually aftermarket the owner has to buy themselves.

I was really all into the Rebel for a long time and did the calculations. To get it really up to snuff performance wise and aesthetically would require at minimum an extra $3,000. Which was fine, the project aspect was one I was interested in. I figured I'd take care of the most important stuff first like the center stand and crash guards etc. and then over time mod the rest to my liking, upgrading the fuel injection and adding saddle bags and other goodies.

Part of it is to have that freedom of movement. Part of it is a little mid life crisis and part of is I want to be able to go out and visit mom and grandma more often. Given the state of Pa. roads some further mods would be necessary.

I was so all in on the rebel... And then I saw this mamajama:

Yamaha-Tenere-700-accesory-packages-6c.jpg

The Yamaha Tenere' 700. 75 horsepower so it's got more get up and go than the Rebel but it's still manageable. You're not gonna die just from one twist of the throttle but it can more than cruise comfortably at highway speeds. Now yeah... It's what's called an "Adventure Motorcycle". It's basically the functional SUV type of bike. It's got definite off road capability, and it's a bit more robust in terms of the beating it can take, say if a newbie rider drops it. Which... I guarantee I will at some point. So might as well have a bike that can take it. Other pluses, the suspension and tires will eat up all the rocks and potholes of Northeast Pa. roads, and unlike other bikes I don't think I'd have to totally store it for the winter. No, you wouldn't ride it in the most inclimate weather but on days in winter like we had MOST of this winter you could be confident in how it would perform on roads as long as it wasn't covered in ice and snow.

The Tenere' has been available world wide for a bit now but it won't be coming to America until the end of summer. It's $10,000, but I was creeping up on that with the Rebel just from adding a lot of stuff it NEEDS to be truly highway/road worthy. The Tenere' is good to go for the most part right out of the box. (Sadly... Center stand and a few other "essentials" are also not standard.)

If you live in New York, you can only get the motorbike used by Peter Parker in Spider-Man 2. I'm pretty sure it's the law.

Don't say Tiger Law.

If you live in New York, you can only get the motorbike used by Peter Parker in Spider-Man 2. I'm pretty sure it's the law.

Don't say Tiger Law.

Technically that was a scooter.

It was a moped. A bike with pedals and a motor. Therefore, a motorbike. These are the things you are going to need to know before your's arrives in the mail.

Because it'll definitely fit in the mail.

So it is. Never noticed the pedals.

It's going to arrive in those little plastic wireframes they package model kits in. Like a toy in a Kinder Egg.

hold up... are we monetizing the lounge? being... who I am... I'll have to take at least 45%

I'll settle for 10% cume and 2% on any merchandise derivatives. People are going to want to buy this pizza bike.

I'll settle for 10% cume and 2% on any merchandise derivatives. People are going to want to buy this pizza bike.
There it is... That cold blooded capitalist killer instinct Canadians are infamous for.

You make me sick.

we could def sell tshirts too... id buy one of these right now
elntyFA.jpg

Gary the Snail's shell morphing into a planet exploding is still probably my greatest achievement. Just, in general.

Which Lounger operates the gift shop where these are sold for an obscene mark up?

We sell them the honest way. The way of our forefathers. Out of the back of a broken down VW van.

Does this mean we have to whisper in here? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"