Superman and Batman #25 spoilers LMAO

Kool-Aid

Sidekick
Reaction score
Did anybody notice this guy as being one of the Supermen in the spread page where they showed them all together?

They just showed his head.

I died when I saw it. Sooo funny.

Are you serious? Can anybody post a picture or something? :confused:

Yeah, he was in there. After reading that issue I feel pretty ripped off. The whole Superman/Batman series, outside of the first arc, has been nothing but a colossal waste of time and money. :o

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, he was in there. After reading that issue I feel pretty ripped off. The whole Superman/Batman series, outside of the first arc, has been nothing but a colossal waste of time and money. :o

Especially that standalone with huge Supes/Bats robot and the new Toyman. :(

Yeah. I should've trusted my bleeding, protesting eyes as soon as they passed over that god-awful Pat Lee art and left that issue on the stands.

I gave up B/S a while ago. I just got tired of seeing some of my favorite villains *****fied, replaced, or killed.

First Metallo gives up his robot body (very out of character for him to even consider doing that), the Toyman is replaced by a little kid who assumes the title without Winslow Schott doing anything about it, and then the Atomic Skull dies FROM A GUNSHOT!

I'd be less pissed off about that last one if they explained that the gun or the bullet was special, but it's the fact that nobody even questioned as to how Joe Martin was killed so easily by the force of a bullet when he's shrugged off punches from Superman before.

I'll pick it back up when issue 28 comes out.

TheCorpulent1 said:

Yeah, it sucked.

I'm glad this arc is finally over...it was so off the wall..

Woo, 25 issues later and here we are.

I loved every single issue. Each story was quite interesting in its own unique way.

I was sad to see Metallo lose his robotic body. I'm sure something will be done with him in the future.

What happend to the Atomic Skull was kinda disappointing as well. Though I never liked the character before then, so I guess I don't really mind. And it wasn't just a regular bullet that he was killed by one of Soldiers bullets also went through Supermans hand.

Issue 25 was insane and slightly confusing. Luthor figured out that Clark was Superman but Myx erased it? What is going to happen with Myx and Darkseid. Guess we will have to wait and see what comes of this.

Only two more weeks until 26, it's going to be a tear jerker.

Spike_x1 said:
I'll pick it back up when issue 28 comes out.
Now, Spike, I do assume you'll be picking up #26 right? I dropped this title after the first arc, and then picking up 2/3 issues with the first the alternate reality arc and dropping it again.

I do understand that issue's importance, but unless the writing improves with it, then it stays on the shelf.

Purple Man said:
I was sad to see Metallo lose his robotic body. I'm sure something will be done with him in the future.
He's popped up OYL, but he had an organic body with a metal frame. Now, never in a thousand years should John Corben be satisfied with just that, or give up his robot body in the first place. He had control over virtually all forms of machinery, didn't need kryptonite to survive, was as strong as Superman, and contrary to what S:TAS would have you believe, he could feel just as much as you or me.

So why would he give all that up instead of choosing to simply repair his body (which was breaking down in Public Enemies)?
What happend to the Atomic Skull was kinda disappointing as well. Though I never liked the character before then, so I guess I don't really mind. And it wasn't just a regular bullet that he was killed by one of Soldiers bullets also went through Supermans hand.
But it wasn't the first time that he had been defeated by a bullet. The same thing happened in Ending Battle when Pa Kent shot him. However, in that incident, the shotgun merely ruptured his armor and made him explode. That event doesn't make any sense either; the Skull's not a container of energy like Captain Atom, Major Force, or Neutron. The Skull's body is simply radioactive. He originally wore just a simple leather jacket as a costume for God's sake, and he later adopted the armor because he didn't want the radiation that his body emitted to cause harm to anyone.

And I know that Soldier's bullets were special, but it seems like they were made from blue kryptonite. That would explain why it went through Superman's hand, but it wouldn't explain why it killed the Skull.

when does martian manhunter appear and attack Batman? i'm interested in that arc.

Look at him go
1213medium3zi.jpg

ive enjoyed all the issues (except for #7 drawn by pat lee). and i thought this passed story (while really wierd) was building up to something awesome. but that last issue was really disappointing. i was really looking forward to seeing more of Batwoman, Superwoman, Superlad, and all the Supergirls. and once they brought in all those other supermen/batmen that was too much. it like Loeb ran out of issues to tell his story, so he had to cram the ending into the last issue.

Back to Metallo and Atomic Skull. Metallo didn't want to be captured by the new Toyman. Toyboys father or whatever created the metal Metallo is made out of. I'm sure he will get a similar body back. Maybe just not infected with the B13 technology.

As for Atomic Skull. Maybe the bullet that was shot at him was radioactive and caused a chain reaction that resulted in the BOOM!!

Both villains will come back eventually.

This issue did seem a bit rushed. I was expecting more pages, but it's ok. I still enjoyed seeing all the different characters.

Question though: Who is the metallic Superman and the zebra striped Batman?

The Zebra-Stripe Batman is there!

But why did they go with Superman-Red rather than Superman-Blue? Blue was around for longer.

Duh! - picked up #25 and did indeed notice him. I didnt even realise it was that dude tho. Now that I do?

ALMAO!!!!!!

Excellent. :up:

The writing was pretty bad, but I understand what he was going through so ill forgive the guy.

*waits for some really ******* remark like, then he shouldve left the book.*

Is Superman/Batman ever going to be marked One Year Later? I'm pretty sure "With a Vengeance" was supposed to be over before Infinite Crisis started. Anybody have any ideas what exactly the timeline here is?
Funniest Line:
Joker: "Why doesn't anybody remember when I had your magic? When "I" - -the great me - - was emperor of everything?!"
Mxyzptlk: "They don't remember because I don't want them to remember. That... and they haven't collected those stories into a trade paperback yet...

and not to be an *******, but you would think, after losing his son, Loeb would have took a few months off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"