Superman & Lois Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver already shined in Supergirl, so I wonder who's going to shine in Arrow.

Felicity of course. :o She’s coming back to solely fix everything.

But is she though? For every criticism about how they’re treating Superman in this crossover, I’ve also seen complaints from Supergirl fans about how she’s being sidelined and being replaced by 3 Supermans when it should be her that should be showcased. FWIW I have no skin in the game. My point is just that you can always look at things a certain way.

I agree. I can’t blame Tyler here when we’ve seen the promise of what he can do. The way he’s written here is unsatisfactory especially when he’s about to headline his own show but I’m not worried as long as his own show is in capable hands.

Honestly, I understand how any of Supergirl's fans could be unhappy with how she's been used in this crossover. She's pretty much been at the forefront of this year's crossover (thus far).

She was selected by the Monitor as being the Paragon of Hope over the likes of Superman from any Earth. And now she's the one giving motivation/hopeful speeches to Superman as well. I mean really, what could a person possibly complain about after reading all of that?

Tyler's Superman has pretty much been useless for this entire crossover (three episodes in). He was not considered worthy enough to be a paragon as well.

I'll admit, I did enjoy his performance in his first two episodes. However, how do you go in establishing this guy as still being ****ing Superman (the godfather of superheroes) when he's been regulated as a background character for the last few years? Even if you have him all happy and confident again in his new show, the damage has already been done. According to the Monitor/Arrowverse, Tyler's Superman is not vital to its survival at all.

I gave up on CW shows and only returned for this crossover. This show looks dead on arrival to me.
For one things there's no novelty factor here. The Superman franchise has had multiple shows in the last several years. There's Lois and Clark, Smallville, Krypton and Supergirl. A fourth Superman property in just one decade out of which 3 are on the same network is overkill.

Then there's Supergirl. That show is on its fifth season and has deprived CW Superman of many things. Villains, arcs, concepts, relationships. Supergirl has taken too much. There's not much a Superman show can do now.

Finally, this Superman is a wuss. He's been repeatedly made to look bad to prop Kara and he looked like a joke next to Routh and Welling.

If they really plan on Jon Kent and Damian Wayne being the selling points of a Superman show then they've already failed.

I don’t see how he’s been made to look a wuss at all. In that right with Routh he more than held his own.

The only thing I see people complaining at, is him falling sooner than Kara when charging the tower but that is easily explained with him been on Argo for over a year and he’s been back what a few hours by that point.

Also he had like 10 seconds with Welling.

I think the only thing I can say negatively is how in the 3rd episode he was barely seen but they have to balance so much it’s difficult.

He's a believable Clark Kent, and he does a good job for the most part in the role, I just don't think he looks like him. Nor does the actress playing Lois. Her acting hasn't sold me at all for her being Lois. If this series gets a pilot, I will definitely watch it and hope for the best. I'm a bit skeptical for the series though. Just not sold on these two in their roles yet.

Especially after we got Routh and Welling. Those two just have more of a presence of Superman than Tyler has yet to reach for me personally. Especially seeing those two back the other night.

I totally disagree with that statement but you just seem to hate on Smallville no matter what so theres no point in debating with you.

I totally disagree with that statement but you just seem to hate on Smallville no matter what so theres no point in debating with you.
In this case it has nothing to do with Smallville specifically.

Welling ruined an entire season of Lucifer with his complete inability to act. And I love all the other seasons of that show.

Also, you seem to be really bad at "ignoring" and "not debating" me. No matter what I say you respond.

Welling ruined an entire season of Lucifer with his complete inability to act. And I love all the other seasons of that show.

Also, you seem to be really bad at "ignoring" and "not debating" me. No matter what I say you respond.

Im not saying he’s Al Pacino or anything but there are episodes of Smallville that prove he has acting chops. Take when he swapped bodies with Lionel Luthor, he was basically like John Glover in Tom Welling’s bodies. Also take his ability to play the different versions of himself be it Clark on Red K, Kal, Bizarro, Clark Luthor etc. They all felt different.

He's a believable Clark Kent, and he does a good job for the most part in the role, I just don't think he looks like him. Nor does the actress playing Lois. Her acting hasn't sold me at all for her being Lois. If this series gets a pilot, I will definitely watch it and hope for the best. I'm a bit skeptical for the series though. Just not sold on these two in their roles yet.

Especially after we got Routh and Welling. Those two just have more of a presence of Superman than Tyler has yet to reach for me personally. Especially seeing those two back the other night.

To be honest, I am actually more invested in Elizabeth now as Lois than I was in Elseworlds. She is definitely the better actress out of the two.

Im not saying he’s Al Pacino or anything but there are episodes of Smallville that prove he has acting chops. Take when he swapped bodies with Lionel Luthor, he was basically like John Glover in Tom Welling’s bodies. Also take his ability to play the different versions of himself be it Clark on Red K, Kal, Bizarro, Clark Luthor etc. They all felt different.

To me he's the worst lead actor of any Arrowverse-related show by a wide margin, and that includes the thoroughly awful Ruby Rose and the human block of wood Stephen Amell.

I watched and was in the loop for that season of LUCIFER, and I don't recall much, if any, criticism of Welling. I think, once again, this is just a personal issue for you and part of your anti-Smallville bias. Like, I'm not saying Welling is the bestest actor ever, but he's definitely on par with Arrowverse actors and didn't "ruin" Lucifer.

I watched and was in the loop for that season of LUCIFER, and I don't recall much, if any, criticism of Welling. I think, once again, this is just a personal issue for you and part of your anti-Smallville bias. Like, I'm not saying Welling is the bestest actor ever, but he's definitely on par with Arrowverse actors and didn't "ruin" Lucifer.
No.

Spot on

If we do want to talk leads that aren’t winning me over then I’d say Ruby Rose is the only one for me who is cringe to watch at times. I think she’s actually quite good as Batwoman but it’s as Kate Kane she struggles to sell imo.

I really liked Welling in Crisis. Its a shame if he wont play the character again, he was really good in episode 2.

It was literally like he just stepped back into the role he played all those years ago. It was such a delight.

My only issue with that scene is I don’t think we got enough Lois.

Still holding out a bit of hope that Wellings one of the three Supermen sharing a scene together in Crisis. It makes sense from a story stand point. We have been introduced to Tom Welling and Brandon Routh in Crisis. It could still end up being someone else, but idk.

Did anyone else noticed how Tom acted like Jonathan Kent? From the facial expressions to his line delivery. I dug that a lot.

Still holding out a bit of hope that Wellings one of the three Supermen sharing a scene together in Crisis. It makes sense from a story stand point. We have been introduced to Tom Welling and Brandon Routh in Crisis. It could still end up being someone else, but idk.

Did anyone else noticed how Tom acted like Jonathan Kent? From the facial expressions to his line delivery. I dug that a lot.

Well you never know if the red skies came over his Earth maybe he got the Octagonal disc & went to the Fortress to retrieve his powers.

Well you never know if the red skies came over his Earth maybe he got the Octagonal disc & went to the Fortress to retrieve his powers.

True. The only other Superman I could see being in the scene is Dean Cain. But I feel like we should have been introduced to him in Crisis already. I mean, who else besides Dean Cain or Tom Welling be the mysterious third Superman? Henry Cavill? Tim Daly? Haha.

True. The only other Superman I could see being in the scene is Dean Cain. But I feel like we should have been introduced to him in Crisis already. I mean, who else besides Dean Cain or Tom Welling be the mysterious third Superman? Henry Cavill? Tim Daly? Haha.

John Haymes Newton and/or Gerard Christopher played Superboy from 1988-1992.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"