Superman & Lois Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never understood the point of a belt without the briefs. It just looks pointless.

If they're bringing in Robin Damian Wayne, why not use him in Batwoman?

Assuming if they decide to have another crossover for next fall as well, I'm hoping that Tyler's Superman fill finally be prominently featured in the promotional material due to having his own show by then.

So far he's been placed in the background along with Lois due to their current status as special guest star on Supergirl's show. It'd be nice to see him prominently featured for next year's crossover.

Hell, if Earths 1 and 2 end up merging as well then I'd love to see Tyler's Superman slowly form the Justice League with Barry, Kara, Kate, and MM.

He will as they'll start next year in March 2020.

Right, I know, which is why it's not his time yet. He can be more of a focus NEXT YEAR. It's Kara's 100th episode year, and her peers like Oliver and Barry have been central to this Crisis. Hoechlin's Superman doesn't have his own show YET, and Kara really ought to have been treated more equally. Where is Helen Slater or Laura Vandervoort? It's more evidence that the Arrowverse couldn't care less about Supergirl.

Right, I know, which is why it's not his time yet. He can be more of a focus NEXT YEAR. It's Kara's 100th episode year, and her peers like Oliver and Barry have been central to this Crisis. Hoechlin's Superman doesn't have his own show YET, and Kara really ought to have been treated more equally. Where is Helen Slater or Laura Vandervoort? It's more evidence that the Arrowverse couldn't care less about Supergirl.
Yeah, they totally couldn't care less about Supergirl. Which is why they gave her a 5+ season TV series that they went out of their way to save, bring to another network, and relocate production to an entirely different country for after CBS canceled it.

Did you ever consider that perhaps they DID contact Slater and Vandervoot? Maybe they filmed something we don't know about. Guggenheim said there are several cameos yet to be revealed. Or perhaps they contacted them and couldn't work out a schedule, like with Michael Rosenbaum, Smallville's AC, Lynda Carter, or the dude from that recently cancelled Krypton show.

Yeah, they totally couldn't care less about Supergirl. Which is why they gave her a 5+ season TV series that they went out of their way to save, bring to another network, and relocate production to an entirely different country for after CBS canceled it.

Sure, they care about her as a way to make more money, but as an actual character? No, I don't see it. When it comes to these big crossovers, it's obvious they don't think Supergirl is enough of a draw without putting her cousin front and center. The CW has put just as much care into giving Green Arrow and Flash their own shows, but they also get to be more involved in the mythological and fanservice elements of this mega crossover. Kara is just a spectator.

Did you ever consider that perhaps they DID contact Slater and Vandervoot? Maybe they filmed something we don't know about. Guggenheim said there are several cameos yet to be revealed. Or perhaps they contacted them and couldn't work out a schedule, like with Michael Rosenbaum, Smallville's AC, Lynda Carter, or the dude from that recently cancelled Krypton show.

I did consider it. Rosenbaum balked because they didn't offer him a script or reasonable compensation, which tells me they didn't care that much about getting him on board. So if either Vandervoort or Slater received the same lackluster treatment, I wouldn't be surprised if they passed. But, you know, since neither of us know what happened, I really can't give them the benefit of the doubt. Because, to be honest, Welling seems like he'd be the white whale for an event like this and the CW managed to get him, I doubt Vandervoort or Slater would have been more elusive.

Sure, they care about her as a way to make more money, but as an actual character? No, I don't see it. When it comes to these big crossovers, it's obvious they don't think Supergirl is enough of a draw without putting her cousin front and center. The CW has put just as much care into giving Green Arrow and Flash their own shows, but they also get to be more involved in the mythological and fanservice elements of this mega crossover. Kara is just a spectator.

I did consider it. Rosenbaum balked because they didn't offer him a script or reasonable compensation, which tells me they didn't care that much about getting him on board. So if either Vandervoort or Slater received the same lackluster treatment, I wouldn't be surprised if they passed. But, you know, since neither of us know what happened, I really can't give them the benefit of the doubt. Because, to be honest, Welling seems like he'd be the white whale for an event like this and the CW managed to get him, I doubt Vandervoort or Slater would have been more elusive.

"I don't know what happened and neither do you, so I'm going to construct a narrative in my brain based on no evidence and then sit here and get mad about it instead of just waiting four days to see for myself"

I wouldn't be surprised if they used Supergirl to get Superman.

Well I think that
Sure, they care about her as a way to make more money, but as an actual character? No, I don't see it. When it comes to these big crossovers, it's obvious they don't think Supergirl is enough of a draw without putting her cousin front and center. The CW has put just as much care into giving Green Arrow and Flash their own shows, but they also get to be more involved in the mythological and fanservice elements of this mega crossover. Kara is just a spectator. Maybe there will be more Supergirl this year Crisis requires more Superpowers.

I can't really fault any of those three for wanting a real part, not a one scene cameo.

The John Williams Music, Brandon and Elizabeth's physical resemblances to Christopher and Margot respectively, and setting....

Oh the lost potential...

We still need to see the two Supermen fight together against the Anti-Monitor.

This thing about 3 Supermen in one scene that Berlanti stated - I think it will happen in the Flash part.

We still need to see the two Supermen fight together against the Anti-Monitor.

This thing about 3 Supermen in one scene that Berlanti stated - I think it will happen in the Flash part.

If the third Superman is Welling, my jaw will hit the floor so hard.

Lex Luthor using the Book of Destiny to kill Supermen across the Multiverse while Superman and Lois recruit remaining Supermen to stop him is a good spinoff story from the Crisis that could easily happen in the upcoming Superman & Lois show. Similar to Spider-Man: Spider-Verse.

We are three episodes into the Crisis and I can already day that what interest I had for this show has pretty much disappeared now.

While okay, I just do not consider Tyler's Superman great. Nor do I see him ever having a chance of being Kara's equal or anyone else's. The guy wasn't even good enough to be a paragon. I honestly wonder on why the CW are investing money into this when the producers have downplayed Superman by a large margin in their biggest crossover event.

We are three episodes into the Crisis and I can already day that what interest I had for this show has pretty much disappeared now.

While okay, I just do not consider Tyler's Superman great. Nor do I see him ever having a chance of being Kara's equal or anyone else's. The guy wasn't even good enough to be a paragon. I honestly wonder on why the CW are investing money into this when the producers have downplayed Superman by a large margin in their biggest crossover event.
That is precisely why I cannot wait for show! Let's see if they finally give it the importance it deserves

I am very much looking forward to a show where Tyler's Supes is not getting sidelined, because I still adore how he plays him, regardless.

I am very much looking forward to a show where Tyler's Supes is not getting sidelined, because I still adore how he plays him, regardless.

Cuious, do you think having his own show and the right writers can make Tyler's Superman feel like a equal to the other heroes by next year's crossover? Even after all of the sidelining that he's gotten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"