Superman & Lois Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuious, do you think having his own show and the right writers can make Tyler's Superman feel like a equal to the other heroes by next year's crossover? Even after all of the sidelining that he's gotten?
Of course. It's easy - just have him behave that way, as the lead, taking charge. The sidelining of the past will be just that: the past. We saw him as EXACTLY that already in his first couple episodes, imo, so I'll have no problem seeing him that way again when they start writing him that way again.

I’ve said it before that I hope Superman and Lois get their own writers with Jay Faerber and Sterling Gates among them. I don’t want Supergirl’s writers involved.

The John Williams Music, Brandon and Elizabeth's physical resemblances to Christopher and Margot respectively, and setting....

Oh the lost potential...

Not gonna lie, thats the first time in a long time where I was actually interested in the Lois/Clark romance.

Yeah, well I can't think of any past examples where a minor character for many years was elevated to a status of significance so it would be a first. I just can't picture a franchise where this Superman will be treated as Kara's equal at the moment.

Look at the slate of the next Arrowverse shows:
Superman and Lois
Star Girl
Green Arrow and the Canaries

Wouldn’t almost the entire cast of Legends almost fit that description :funny:

Maybe not the years part, but I mean they were all minor characters that gained a lot more significance after getting their own show.

Wouldn’t almost the entire cast of Legends almost fit that description :funny:

Maybe not the years part, but I mean they were all minor characters that gained a lot more significance after getting their own show.

True, I will give you that. However, most of them are still treated like a joke. Sara is really the only character that is treated like a proper lead. Plus, even during her time on Arrow, she was never sidelined like Superman has been in favor of Kara.

Of course Sara is treated like a proper lead in the Legends. She's Guggenheim's favorite.

Of course Sara is treated like a proper lead in the Legends. She's Guggenheim's favorite.

Which is why I am not confident that Superman will be utilized well, even in his own show. It's no secret that the producers have a lot of love for supergirl as it is and seeing how they have treated Superman (in any version) for their shows, I am not confident that they will have him leave supergirl shadow.

Which is why I am not confident that Superman will be utilized well, even in his own show. It's no secret that the producers have a lot of love for supergirl as it is and seeing how they have treated Superman (in any version) for their shows, I am not confident that they will have him leave supergirl shadow.

Be happy Guggenheim is not involved with Superman and Lois. I know one of the producers from Supergirl is involved along with Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti.

The John Williams Music, Brandon and Elizabeth's physical resemblances to Christopher and Margot respectively, and setting....

Oh the lost potential...

:eek: :D That was awesome. But...

I'm so conflicted right now. Hoechlin and Routh are my two favorite modern-era Supermen and I've had them in a deadlock behind Reeve for a while.

But after that scene and that episode, the deadlock is broken. Because Routh stepped it up and Hoechlin did not, Routh takes the second spot for now.

I really hope Hoechlin steps it up in the final three episodes. If this is his Litmus test for Superman & Lois next year, he's been done a real disservice once again. :csad:

Be happy Guggenheim is not involved with Superman and Lois. I know one of the producers from Supergirl is involved along with Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti.
And the actual creator and showrunner is Todd Helbing of The Flash.

But after that scene and that episode, the deadlock is broken. Because Routh stepped it up and Hoechlin did not, Routh takes the second spot for now.

I really hope Hoechlin steps it up in the final three episodes. If this is his Litmus test for Superman & Lois next year, he's been done a real disservice once again. :csad:
It's the writing. We know he can play the cool, confident and in-charge Supes with ease when he's written that way, as he was in the first two episodes of Supergirl he was in. Guggenheim's just using him as a punching bag, which is unsurprising given his previous "efforts" with Kara. He should be kept away from Supers.

:eek: :D That was awesome. But...

I'm so conflicted right now. Hoechlin and Routh are my two favorite modern-era Supermen and I've had them in a deadlock behind Reeve for a while.

You mean final two episodes. Only two parts remain for the crossover. Imho, Tyler has already missed his opportunity in making a solid impression as Superman in the Crisis crossover. The fact that BR was able to easily steal his spotlight is troubling. I am honestly not sure any more if Tyler can carry his show as Superman. However, seeing as how Ruby Rose is the star of her own then Tyler should still be fine (by those standards at least).

It's the writing. We know he can play the cool, confident and in-charge Supes with ease when he's written that way, as he was in the first two episodes of Supergirl he was in. Guggenheim's just using him as a punching bag, which is unsurprising given his previous "efforts" with Kara. He should be kept away from Supers.

I want to see someone else behind the next crossovers instead of Guggenheim.

That spotlight goes to Flash, Green Arrow, and Legends.

It was written that way. Tyler was not written to have the spotlight here. That much is obvious, imo.

Maybe, but is it really a smart idea then to have another version of the character (or others) outshine Tyler's when you're trying building a TV show for him as well? Where is the logic in that?

Maybe, but is it really a smart idea then to have another version of the character (or others) outshine Tyler's when you're trying building a TV show for him as well? Where is the logic in that?
I already said I didn't like it, so obviously I don't think it was smart, lol. But we've seen Tyler shine in the role with better material to work with, so this has no bearing on how he'll do in the role on his own show. These aren't the people making that show.

I already said I didn't like it, so obviously I don't think it was smart, lol. But we've seen Tyler shine in the role with better material to work with, so this has no bearing on how he'll do in the role on his own show. These aren't the people making that show.

Well that is just swell then.lol

If the folks in charge of his show can make him feel like a true symbol of hope and beacon to other heroes then I will be very impressed. They will not have the "it's not his show" bull**** excuse to blame terrible writing and usage.

You mean final two episodes. Only two parts remain for the crossover. Imho, Tyler has already missed his opportunity in making a solid impression as Superman in the Crisis crossover. The fact that BR was able to easily steal his spotlight is troubling. I am honestly not sure any more if Tyler can carry his show as Superman. However, seeing as how Ruby Rose is the star of her own then Tyler should still be fine (by those standards at least).

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet (I'll probably watch it on The CW's site later tonight or tomorrow), so that's what I meant by 'the final three episodes.'

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet (I'll probably watch it on The CW's site later tonight or tomorrow), so that's what I meant by 'the final three episodes.'

Brace yourself. That is all that I will say on that.

It's no secret that the producers have a lot of love for supergirl as it is and seeing how they have treated Superman (in any version) for their shows, I am not confident that they will have him leave supergirl shadow.

But is she though? For every criticism about how they’re treating Superman in this crossover, I’ve also seen complaints from Supergirl fans about how she’s being sidelined and being replaced by 3 Supermans when it should be her that should be showcased. FWIW I have no skin in the game. My point is just that you can always look at things a certain way.

It was written that way. Tyler was not written to have the spotlight here. That much is obvious, imo.

I agree. I can’t blame Tyler here when we’ve seen the promise of what he can do. The way he’s written here is unsatisfactory especially when he’s about to headline his own show but I’m not worried as long as his own show is in capable hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"